Author Topic: Jetways not fully there **SOLVED**  (Read 8339 times)

James8133

Jetways not fully there **SOLVED**
« on: October 06, 2017, 02:14:06 am »
Good evening,
 So I recently bought FSDT DFW for my FSX. I have activated my AES Credit pack for KDFW. When I went to the airport, the entire scenery was there however the jetways weren't. How can I fix it? Thank you!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 06:05:38 pm by virtuali »
Sincerely,

James Stump

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetways not fully there
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 09:56:03 am »
Whenever you use AES and something wrong happens with the jetways, there's nothing we can do about it, because what AES is supposed to do, is to remove the jetways that comes with the scenery, and replace them with its own.

In your case, it seems that AES has successfully managed to remove the jetways that comes with the airport, but has failed to replace them with its own. So, it's something you should ask to Aerosoft support.

Note that, buying KDFW or any other FSDT airport, will give you the right to use GSX for free at such airports. In addition to that, if you don't install GSX, you'll lose all marshallers and all docking systems that comes with the airport so, you should consider GSX to be a mandatory (free) download if you have at least one FSDT scenery.

And, all our sceneries already come with animated jetways by default. And soon, we'll update all of them (KLAS, KMEM, KIAH and KCLT already use SODE jetways) to feature the more realistic SODE ones.

James8133

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 06:41:17 pm »
Well, when I first activated it, it was fully operating with AES. And then when all of a sudden, it wasn't working. Do you think if I reinstalled the airport, that might work?
Sincerely,

James Stump

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 10:56:33 pm »
Well, when I first activated it, it was fully operating with AES. And then when all of a sudden, it wasn't working. Do you think if I reinstalled the airport, that might work

As I've said, it's only an AES issue, which should by fixed by acting on AES. I don't think reinstalling the scenery would change anything, since our installer doesn't change anything in AES. I suggest contacting Aerosoft support.

James8133

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2017, 09:49:58 pm »
Would you like to see a screenshot of what I'm seeing on my simulator?
Sincerely,

James Stump

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2017, 10:29:38 pm »
Would you like to see a screenshot of what I'm seeing on my simulator?

You said you have missing jetways, no need for a screenshot. As I've said, if you have AES and you are missing the jetways, it can only caused by AES, nothing to do with the airport. Please contact Aerosoft for AES support.

James8133

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2017, 09:39:35 pm »
I contacted Aerosoft and told them what had happened, and they told me that it's an FSDT problem and not theirs.
Sincerely,

James Stump

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2017, 08:06:11 am »
I contacted Aerosoft and told them what had happened, and they told me that it's an FSDT problem and not theirs.

That's wrong. How can possibly be "an FSDT problem", if the ONLY way to disable jetways from a scenery, is using an EXCLUDE file from ANOTHER scenery

And that's is precisely what AES does (when it's working), as a two steps process:

1) AES is supplied with exclude files, which exclude jetways for an airport that it supports. This part of the process cannot usually go wrong, because it's just a standard exclude .BGL so, the exclusion always works, if the .BGL is active

2) AES then replaces the excluded jetways with its own. THIS is the part which is obviously not working so, how can even say it's "an FSDT problem", when NONE of the two steps required to replace default jetways from a scenery with AES jetways has anything to do with us ?

James8133

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2017, 05:57:31 pm »
I don't know. This is what I get each time I load up at KDFW. So this is an AES problem correct?
Sincerely,

James Stump

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2017, 09:14:15 am »
I don't know. This is what I get each time I load up at KDFW. So this is an AES problem correct?

Of course it is.

As I've said, several times already, the ONLY way to remove jetways from a scenery, is using another exclude file, which is exactly what AES does in step #1 of my previous reply. But then, AES should add its own jetways, which is step #2.

So, clearly, if you have AES and are missing jetways, it means that AES managed to complete #1 successfully, but failed to do #2. I don't know how else I could explain it but, it should be obvious that it can only be an AES problem.

Did Aerosoft offered any explanation why they think it's an "FSDT problem" instead ?

James8133

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2017, 06:01:44 pm »
So, I was able to figure out the main problem. When the people over at Aerosoft asked me if my AES was up to date, I didn't know if it was. So when I went to check, I found out that it wasn't. So I updated it and now it works.
Sincerely,

James Stump