Author Topic: HNL Add-on Buildings Missing **SOLVED**  (Read 17074 times)

bravotango

Re: HNL Add-on Buildings Missing **SOLVED**
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2017, 01:41:44 am »
Thank you Virtuali for your patience and help. I am extremely slow understanding simple things.

When you mentioned bglmanx.dll I realized what I was doing wrong. My mistake was installing the standalone Addon Manager which explains why I was getting two Addon Manager buttons. By installing any product the bglmanx.dll is installed so there is no reason for standalone Addon Manager.
I saw references to the standalone app in other posts and wondered what it was. Now I know it is to be avoided like the plague.

Now all the scenery is running as it should and I can start adding the other Hawaii sceneries.

Thanks again for everything.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2017, 02:24:50 pm »
My mistake was installing the standalone Addon Manager which explains why I was getting two Addon Manager buttons.

Installing the Stand-Alone Addon Manager would not create double entries. Installing an OLD version (one made before June 2017) of it would, if you did that after installing any product using an installer newer than June 2017.

bravotango

« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2017, 02:11:45 am »
Hello again, it may be true that the standalone addon manager would not cause trouble but What I was also doing wrong was mixing it with OLD downloads. So I was not getting the message that I should download the latest copy of each addon. Once I understood this and downloaded all the latest files the PHNL installation places itself with the addon manager in the place I designate and each subsequent addon just saw where to place the new files.
Completely different to what it used to be.
Now I have PHNL and Hawaii1 and 2 and GSX all working. Sorry for causing so much confusion. I will impose a penalty on myself and browse your nice website to see if there is another scenery I can add.