Author Topic: HNL Add-on Buildings Missing **SOLVED**  (Read 17076 times)

James8133

HNL Add-on Buildings Missing **SOLVED**
« on: October 03, 2017, 11:21:40 pm »
Good afternoon.
 I am having some weird issues with my Honolulu Int'l Airport. Every time I load my plane at the airport, this is what happens. Has anyone else had these issues before? I look forward to hearing some answers.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 09:46:57 am by virtuali »
Sincerely,

James Stump

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: HNL Add-on Buildings Missing
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 08:43:45 am »
Be sure you are installing using the current installer.

Do you have both the Addon Manager and the Couatl menu under the "Addons" menu ?

James8133

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 07:14:20 pm »
Yes, I did do that and it's still happening. It's happening at DFW as well.
Sincerely,

James Stump

James8133

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 02:14:52 am »
I've tried using them and it's still not working.
Sincerely,

James Stump

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2017, 09:49:54 am »
Does the Addon Manager reports the scenery as being installed ? Which simulator you use ?

MTN1794

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 06:02:14 am »
Buildings are present for several minutes and then they disappear.  My Addon Manager says I'm in the trial period for PHNL just fine.  All should be well.  I'm using P3D v4.1 (and I had disappearing buildings in version 4.0 too).  Any ideas?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2017, 08:47:05 am »
Buildings are present for several minutes and then they disappear.  My Addon Manager says I'm in the trial period for PHNL just fine. 

That's precisely what is supposed to happen, when the scenery is in Trial mode. So, if you bought it, you just have to activate it with your Serial Number.

MTN1794

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2017, 02:12:18 pm »
I re-read the trial language on the website and it does say the download in trial version will last 5-6 minutes.  I missed that sentence somehow.  If anyone else misses that little item I think they might not purchase it thinking it was incompatible.  I like what you've done well enough to have written in the forum to get the clarification (which was my fault for missing it in the first place I realize).  Just a thought - make that sentence bold or underlined to make it stand out for guys like me who incorrectly presumed it would work completely for the trial period.  This request is a self-critique obviously, but this tiny change might increase sales among others who miss that little tidbit; who knows?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2017, 12:46:03 pm »
Just a thought - make that sentence bold or underlined to make it stand out for guys like me who incorrectly presumed it would work completely for the trial period.

The scenery DOES "work completely for the trial period". It's just the Trial period only lasts 5-6 minutes. Per session, of course, not 5-6 minutes in total.

And, when the 5-6 minutes end, the buildings do not just disappear. A RED sign will appear on the screen, saying the Trial has ended. You must have missed that one too...

And of course, the manual that comes with the scenery also explain this, at Page 3, with screenshots of the scenery before and after the Trial period.

James8133

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2017, 09:48:08 pm »
Does the Addon Manager reports the scenery as being installed ? Which simulator you use ?

I am using FSX. and the Add-on Manager says that it's fully installed. It's just that the buildings aren't there. Would you like to see a different screenshot from a different angle?
Sincerely,

James Stump

James8133

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2017, 10:34:12 pm »
Be sure you are installing using the current installer.

Do you have both the Addon Manager and the Couatl menu under the "Addons" menu ?

How can I find out if I'm using the current installer?
Sincerely,

James Stump

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2017, 10:35:42 pm »
How can I find out if I'm using the current installer?

By downloading the current one, that's surely the latest one.

MTN1794

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2017, 04:17:04 pm »
I appreciate the "red sign" additional information that I did miss, yes.  However, the buildings did in fact disappear without a red sign.  I had presumed they disappeared because the 5-6 minutes had passed.  Now I'm thinking it was a different problem.  The good news is the paid version's buildings do not disappear.  That solved any problem there might have been in my case anyway.

James8133

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2017, 09:38:32 pm »
It is still not working.
Sincerely,

James Stump

James8133

Re: HNL Add-on Buildings Missing **SOLVED**
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2017, 09:40:22 pm »
And I do have the current installer, but it's still the same.
Sincerely,

James Stump