Author Topic: Aircraft wheels slightly below runway surface  (Read 4509 times)

C130

• "With your eyes turned skywards...."
Aircraft wheels slightly below runway surface
« on: October 03, 2017, 09:23:30 am »
Firstly thank you for this wonderful airport add on. I know it started out life in FS9, so its marvellous to see it so good in P3d. (P3dv3.4)

However, the only issue I personally see is that the runway elevation looks slightly off.

The aircraft wheels appear to be below the runway surface slightly, perhaps half a wheel below. Also the yellow runway marker lines are slightly higher than the runway surface. 4096 resolution and 7cm texture is set. Best regards.

I use Orbx Global, Orbx NA LC and Orbx NorCal.

"Suspension of Disbelief". Flight Simulators! My You Tube Channel is "David Herky".

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Aircraft wheels slightly below runway surface
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 04:56:48 pm »
The elevation is not off, the scenery is made with multiple layers so, to prevent flickering, they must be slightly raised so, what you see it's entirely normal.

It will probably go away when we'll eventually release a native P3D version (not compatible with FSX). We don't have any release date for it at this time.

C130

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 12:55:47 am »
Thank you Umberto.

KLAX is a magnificent airport add on. How many people notice those Palm trees that move in the wind? Or the super detailed glass terminal buildings, which at night look like there should be people walking about inside?

I look forward to the P3d specific version. Who knows, in 64 bit perhaps?

Best regards.
David
"Suspension of Disbelief". Flight Simulators! My You Tube Channel is "David Herky".

marknie

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2017, 12:00:56 am »
What is working for me is to become an expert in the Scenery Library and learn exactly how to layer the scenery areas before each flight. I also use Addon Organizer ver 1.14 to do this.  Orbx
scenery is very picky about its order in layering, so I had to learn how it works. But this helped me a lot through alot of experimenting to find how to get good visuals, no crashes and run smoothly. 
Capn Mark Niebauer

C130

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2017, 11:39:58 pm »
What is working for me is to become an expert in the Scenery Library and learn exactly how to layer the scenery areas before each flight. I also use Addon Organizer ver 1.14 to do this.  Orbx
scenery is very picky about its order in layering, so I had to learn how it works. But this helped me a lot through alot of experimenting to find how to get good visuals, no crashes and run smoothly. 

Thanks, but as Umberto has said, the problem will go away when they release a specific P3d version. So they are aware of the issue. Considering it's an old airport it's very good. I would eventually move to P3dv4, when it's settled down. With 64 bits I bet FSDT could really produce something spectacular.

Cheers.