Author Topic: Airport Visability  (Read 3579 times)

flyboy05

Airport Visability
« on: October 02, 2017, 06:38:29 pm »
Hello FSDT,

I don't know if this has happened before, but recently I was flying online and at night VFR. ATC gave me the visual approach 31L, "report the field in sight" I was 8NM out and nothing, 5NM and still I couldn't see anything, then all of a sudden at 3NM the airport just popped out and loaded completely ....  I also experienced this in the KDFW scenery as well. I don't know why the airport is loading at a short distance.

is there anyway to increase the airport visibility range?? or a fix??

all other airport scenery I disabled in the vicinity of JFK while flying in and out.

Windows 7
FSX:SE
ORBX FTX Global Scenery's   

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Airport Visability
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 05:06:39 pm »
All our airports have a loading range from 10 NM to 16 NM. The only exception is JFK, which has a loading range of 7NM, in order to save memory and fps due to the close proximity to LGA, so we don't load JFK when the sim has loaded LGA too.

Loading at 3NM simply cannot happen, and there's nothing in the software that could reduce the loading range of the airport, not the main buildings at least.

You can increase the loading range of the smaller objects using the "Anti pop-up" setting of the Addon Manager so, at the maximum setting they will all load together with the main buildings, up to the maximum range of the scenery ( 7 NM at JFK ), but the main buildings will always load (at JFK) at 7 NM out.