Author Topic: GSX menu does not show p3d V4  (Read 4741 times)

ai1

GSX menu does not show p3d V4
« on: October 02, 2017, 10:45:52 am »
Recently the GSX menu is not showing any more in P3D V4, nothing happens when pressing ctrl+F12 or selecting via top menu.
If I go to GSX setting and then check the error logging on and press apply, I can get the menu to show like normal. If I switch the error logging back off it still works, and also vice versa. It is just as if GSX needs to be "woken up" (or given the ability to show the dialog). This only started to happen after updating my fsdt addons via live update.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thank you. Kind regards,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX menu does not show p3d V4
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 12:49:00 pm »
Check the GSX error log.

ai1

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 08:57:33 pm »
When I said said switching on or off the error logging  in my previous message, I meant the diagnostic logging.
There is no .err log in the virtuali folder only Couatl.log.
I have  now been able to get the GSX menu without switching on or of the log setting, by restarting couatl (probably  couatl automatically restarts when changing the logging setting).

So can it be that couatl.exe does not start with p3d? All the menu's seem to be present in the top addon menu (also GSX settings and so on, but cannot get the actual GSX dialog menu before restarting couatl). FsDreamTeam Addon Manager is active as addon in p3d and there is an couatl.exe entry in the addon xml file (p3d v4 addons folder). Could it be a formatting error in an xml file?

It's not such a big issue now that I know I can get it to work, but it would still be nice to find the cause...

Thank you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 05:02:55 pm »
When I said said switching on or off the error logging  in my previous message, I meant the diagnostic logging.

That's what I've asked for.

There is no .err log in the virtuali folder only Couatl.log.

That's normal. If you turn on Logging, everything will be logged in the Couatl.log, including eventual errors.

Could it be a formatting error in an xml file?

We don't use the exe.xml anymore but, if you have an error in your exe.xml, the executables in the add-on.xml files (which we do use), will not load. This is a P3D V4 bug, but it should have been fixed in the Hotfix 1.

compumark

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2017, 09:07:55 am »
have you made sure that the engines are shutdown and the parking brake is set? Check the GSX MenĂ¼ and Settings. Set the "Message verbosity" to full right. Maybe GSX shows you a message whats wrong.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 02:09:31 pm by virtuali »

ai1

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2017, 03:54:21 pm »
The issue now seems to be fixed. I had a look at the main exe.xml file and there was an entry there for a .dll. I let p3d build a new exe.xml and problem seems solved. I put the entry for the dll in the dll.xml.
I am on hotfix 1 for p3d V4, so normally errors in exe.xml files should not cause other .exe 's not to start. I have read somewhere that some people did still have this problem even with the hotfix applied (me including it seems).   

Anyway, thank you for all the suggestions !