Author Topic: Is it possible to properly uninstall?  (Read 3723 times)

mspencer

Is it possible to properly uninstall?
« on: October 02, 2017, 07:36:24 am »
I believe the uninstaller has caused an issue with scenery.cfg. It keeps telling me the area was not found and yes/no to unload.
I know how to fix this with a traditional installed area, but how do I do it with addonmanager adding the area in my cfg?!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Is it possible to properly uninstall?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 09:38:23 am »
The installer hasn't caused any issue to the scenery.cfg. Your reference to a "traditional installed area", seems to indicate you are installing into P3D 3.4 or 4.0, which means we are not using the scenery.cfg anymore!

However, if you installed coming from an old version, the installer has "migrated" your old installation into one using the new method of the add-on.xml.

At that time, it had to *remove* the scenery area from the scenery.cfg, because now the scenery will be referenced from its add-on.xml file. If, at that time, your scenery.cfg was already corrupted, usually because you edited it by hand, or another product or utility corrupted it, the installer haven't touched it, so the old line is still there.

You can just reply Yes to the suggestion to remove the orphaned area and the error will go away.

mikestout

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 10:28:56 pm »
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post. So KJFK works in P3D v4.1 and if so it will install no problem? If so I buy
when this is answered////Thanks. Owner of many of your airports.....

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 09:53:14 am »
ALL our products works fine in P3D 4.1, with the only exception of KJFK V1, which is a 2008 product that won't be updated anymore and we never suggested even to FSX users, after we released V2 in 2013, with a very favorable upgrade price from V1.

Of course, as with all our products, they are all available in Trial version so, you can download and install them, and see how they work on your system.