Author Topic: KCLT elevation error  (Read 6875 times)

bvanhout

KCLT elevation error
« on: September 30, 2017, 12:18:42 pm »
Hi

I am experiencing the issue as seen in attached image where there appears to be an elevation error with KCLT.  This is in P3Dv4.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KCLT elevation error
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 09:56:21 am »
That's not an error, it's just the runway is not at the same level as the surrounding scenery.

In real life, it would be less noticeable but, since the sim doesn't really support sloped runways without causing lots of other problems to AI and ATC, we are forced to have runways set to their real published altitude across their entire length (while in reality they would be sloped), which would result in more visible elevation differences in some areas.

bvanhout

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 11:43:14 pm »
How come this doesn't happen at any of my other FSDT sceneries.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 11:49:15 pm »
How come this doesn't happen at any of my other FSDT sceneries.

Not all airports have sloped runways in real life, enough to be noticeable in a sim that doesn't support them.

Lude2Envy

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2018, 06:53:22 pm »
I too am having this issue. KCLT isn't one of the airports with elevation corrections made by ORBX Vector, so it can't be excluded with the AEC tool. I've also tried different mesh resolutions. It doesn't appear that the textures change when I choose different seasons as well. I didn't have this problem prior to installing v4.2. KCLT is also at the top of my scenery library. Has anyone found a solution for this? Thanks.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ttv3e9k8gpgt9hi/2018-3-1_13-7-56-356.jpg?dl=0

« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 07:18:39 pm by Lude2Envy »
Ian

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz
16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4
ASUS Z170-Deluxe
Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
Samsung 950 Pro SSD x2, Samsung 850 Pro SSD

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2018, 04:48:31 am »
I too am having this issue. KCLT isn't one of the airports with elevation corrections made by ORBX Vector, so it can't be excluded with the AEC tool. I've also tried different mesh resolutions. It doesn't appear that the textures change when I choose different seasons as well. I didn't have this problem prior to installing v4.2. KCLT is also at the top of my scenery library. Has anyone found a solution for this?

Do you have any mesh products installed?

Lude2Envy

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2018, 04:50:43 am »
Do you have any mesh products installed?

Nope.
Ian

ASUS Z170-Deluxe
Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti

Lude2Envy

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2018, 11:10:03 am »
Not all airports have sloped runways in real life, enough to be noticeable in a sim that doesn't support them.

Any idea why I’m getting this now and didn’t get it before? I don’t see this issue in the screenshots on the CLT product page.
Ian

ASUS Z170-Deluxe
Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2018, 11:13:47 pm »
 The terrain is like this IRL, have a look on Google Earth and in those areas you will see that the terrain is often 10-20 feet lower than the taxiways etc.  The only thing is that in FSX/P3d etc you can't add that kind of slope or deviation to such a small area without causing it to look how we see it in the sim.

contractpilot

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2018, 02:54:50 am »
Umberto/Dave...experiencing same problem as noted in previous messages...CTD at KCLT landing on Rwy 36R.  Have FTX Global and lc NA.  Unable to configure KCLT in FTX Vector/AEC since it isn't recognized. Able to correct elevation problems with other FSDT airports - i.e. KLAS, KDFW and KMEM.  Is KCLT that unique or different from many other airports?

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2018, 03:04:28 am »
 Pretty much as Umberto has said above, there's nothing to fix elevation wise. A CTD, however, can come from a number of reasons, do you get any info about it from the event viewer?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2018, 10:55:44 am »
We cannot replicate any crashes, and nobody reported them, surely not in P3D, where available memory is plenty.

The most common cause of crashes in P3D4, are AI airplanes not made for FSX/P3D (usually the ones converted from FS9), and they are easily confused for being a problem of the airport, because not all airports have the same AI schedules, so it's easy to be mislead the cause it's the airport ("it doesn't happen elsewhere!"), when the issue is a particular combination of AI/livery that won't appear elsewhere or might not be very common in other places.