Author Topic: Cannot locate sim  (Read 2113 times)

kobijo128

Cannot locate sim
« on: September 24, 2017, 11:34:16 pm »
Hi there, just trying to reinstall GSX after I had to reinstall FSX_SE, I installed it into a different hard drive as my C drive can't handle it. Because of this, I cannot select to install GSX into FSX_SE.

Thanks a lot

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Cannot locate sim
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 08:36:29 am »
Please clarify what do you mean with "I had to reinstall FSX_SE, I installed it into a different hard drive". If you moved it manually, nothing will ever work, because the FSX registry keys are still pointing to the old folder.

Also, if you once had FSX standard, then you removed it, you should also uninstall/reinstall FSX:SE again, because the sim it's configured in two different modes, depending if you had FSX standard at the time of the FSX:SE installation.

Changing from a dual FSX+FSX:SE installation to an FSX:SE only installation cannot be done by simply uninstalling FSX. The proper procedure to switch from FSX+FSX:SE to FSX:SE is:

1) Uninstall all your add-ons from FSX

2) Uninstall FSX. Remove the old FSX folder too.

3) Uninstall all your add-ons from FSX:SE

4) Uninstall FSX:SE. Remove the FSX:SE folder.

5) Reinstall FSX:SE and run it at least once, this is required, in order to have all the registry keys set properly, which is only done by Steam after you run the game at least once, and it will configure to run FSX:SE in its "Single" mode with no FSX installed, posing as FSX.

6) Install all the addons in FSX:SE.

kobijo128

Re: Cannot locate sim
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 01:42:29 pm »
That worked, thanks a lot for your help!