Author Topic: Only option: disable  (Read 2225 times)

Balogh Ádám

Only option: disable
« on: September 22, 2017, 08:37:57 am »
Hi,

GSX worked fine on my computer for years until I replaced the motherboard. After the hardware update couatl.exe exited after I loaded a flight. I suspect there could be license problems. Neither GSX nor any FSDT scenery worked. Addon manager claimed them to be active but deactivation did not work, they remained active.

I uninstalled every FSDT product and reinstalled them. Activation worked, although I got no messages about successful activation after entering the code. Now Addon Manager shows every scenery I bought active. The sceneries work fine, couatl.exe is running. I also have Addon Manager, Couatl and GSX menus in the Addon menu. However, the only option in GSX menu is "disable". Ctrl-F12 works in e.g. KJFK, but I can only handle the hangar doors. Shift-Ctrl-F12 does not do anything.

I tried to start FSX as Administrator (I never do that, instead I have full control in every FS-related directories as a standard user). There GSX menu has more options and works fine (I had to activate it separately). So I suspect this is something user-related thing. The files exe.xml and dll.xml are the same (regarding FSDT products), I also have the same simobjectspath entries in both FSX.cfgs. AppData/Roaming/Virtuali directories have the same content. HKU/.../Software/FSDreamTeam keys are the same for both both users.

I do not intend to use my FS as Admin, but I need to solve the problem. How to proceed?

Thx!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Only option: disable
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2017, 10:05:24 am »
I do not intend to use my FS as Admin, but I need to solve the problem. How to proceed?

GSX doesn't require FSX to start as Admin. However, there might be issues if your Windows user account has limited permissions. In any case, try this:

- Uninstall every FSDT product you have, both sceneries and GSX. Reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager?" and "Do you want to remove the Couatl engine?".

- Be sure you download and install the CURRENT version of every FSDT installer. Do not use older installers, ever.

- Install in the suggested location, which is C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager