Author Topic: Kord  (Read 3782 times)

moz2

Kord
« on: September 21, 2017, 02:44:19 pm »
Can i ask when will there be a update for KORD for P3DV4 there are runways and taxi ways missing

bradl

Re: Kord
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 08:42:52 pm »
Can i ask when will there be a update for KORD for P3DV4 there are runways and taxi ways missing

From Umberto, in the 4 - 5 different threads about this:

- When we announce a new airport, people ask for updates for existing ones.

- When we do an update for an existing one, people ask why developers always do the same airports and "why nobody has ever made xxxx"

We are obviously doing BOTH, and this is being made by entirely different teams:

The KCLT team is working on KPIT (Pittsburgh) now, and the KSDF team is working on LSFB (Basel/Freiburg)

The O'Hare team is working on a complete remake for KORD and will then move to JFK and then KLAX.

In this case, we must follow a strict priority order. KORD is in dire need of an update, because runways has changed and it's the oldest of the group. JFK has changed terminals a bit, but not the runways, so it will be next, and it's the next oldest one (it was released the year after KORD). KLAX is the most recent one, and the only issue it has, is that we already modeled things that were supposed to be completed by now, but still haven't and it's not sure if they will ever be so, is the one that doesn't require an update as urgently as the other two, so it will be the third one to be remade.

We have an entirely new team that is working on a large International airport. We haven't announced it yet, because being the first work they are doing for us, we don't have any expected released date for it.

And, the Geneva team is working on an update of Geneva.

KSDF is done, we are only working on an entirely new feature, never done before, which requires a GSX update to work.

BL.

Awemeter

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2020, 05:08:09 pm »
So how long has it been like idk 3 years and still no update for kord? I have kord on fs2020 and I am missing runways. This means my navigraph won't work for this airport. This is outrageous would have never bought this product If I knew about this huge problem.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2020, 12:50:21 am »
So how long has it been like idk 3 years and still no update for kord? I have kord on fs2020 and I am missing runways. This means my navigraph won't work for this airport. This is outrageous would have never bought this product If I knew about this huge problem.
Are you aware that a new version of KORD was released a little over a year ago for P3D V4 and one for FS2020 was released in September?
Captain Kevin

Papagiorgio

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2020, 10:42:34 pm »
I think he's talking about 27C/9C and the associated taxiways

Gnacino

Awemeter

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2020, 01:55:07 am »
yes I am in fs2020 and I am missing runways and taxiways and that means navigraph does not work

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2020, 01:03:57 pm »
yes I am in fs2020 and I am missing runways and taxiways and that means navigraph does not work

Then why, exactly, you started with that misleading comment about "no updates in 3 years", when the scenery HAS obviously been updated, last year for P3D and in September for MSFS ? Reading your comment, it seemed you missed entirely the complete makeover of the scenery that we made in 2019.

As far as I know, RWY 9C has been opened November 5th 2020, that is just 2 week ago, not "3 years", are  you really trying to say the scenery should have been updated already ? Maybe you don't know much about scenery design but, updating as scenery is not exactly the same as taking data from a database made by others you have licensed from, which is what Navigraph is, you cannot expect or demand we'd update the scenery with the same frequency, ESPECIALLY considering you haven't bought a "subscription" to the scenery, like you have with Navigraph.

So yes, the update will OBVIOUSLY come, but it will take some time.