Author Topic: FSXBA F/A-18C HORNET  (Read 285407 times)

Ah-Menace

Re: FSXBA F/A-18C HORNET
« Reply #405 on: May 08, 2019, 05:44:18 am »
Fellas,
 I'm just checking in and hope all is well with everyone. Hey Jimi,is there an update coming or anything new for us?

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #406 on: May 08, 2019, 07:45:10 pm »
Hey Ah-Menace,

No Sir, nothing new as of late or on the close horizon..

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

arwasairl

« Reply #407 on: May 30, 2019, 05:17:16 am »
What's this issue with the standby attitude indicator? It's flipped to the bottom...
Aaron Kim

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #408 on: June 02, 2019, 01:29:18 am »
Looks like a texture issue, I'll have to take a look when I get the time.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

PhantomTweak

« Reply #409 on: June 03, 2019, 12:41:48 am »
Hi all!
I am pretty much back...  8)

I am still...again?...working on getting the HARM integration for this wonderful plane done. I've got it to where the missiles show up on the plane, and will fire when parameters are met. A target available, the HARM selected on the Weapons Select screen of the MFD (only the left one so far), and so on. I don't have ALL the HARM modes set up yet, but you can fire them off and nail a SAM RADAR that painting you, within about 85° of your nose, and I can't recall the range. But it's outside the SAM's range  ;D
I am pretty sure it works vs ship fire control radars as well including CWIS.
Next, I will be working on getting the HARM integrated to all 3 MFD's, and getting the Pullback mode fully operational. That's where, if you get painted by an enemy SAM radar, the system will immediately switch to HARM mode, whatever else you had selected, and all you need do is pickle a missile off. It's great for surprizes where you're chasing a plane, or setting up a bomb run, and need to make a snap-shot to save yourself from an enemy SAM site you didn't even know was there. I'm working on it... :o

@arwasairl: That's been a known issue for quite a while. Other problems took precedence, though. Never fear, it's on...THE LIST! :D

It's a great feeling to be back, folks.
Great to see you all again, as well. I do love this plane!
Pat☺

simaddict

« Reply #410 on: June 04, 2019, 02:33:58 am »
Welcome back, Pat !! Looks like you have some great things in the works ! I love this jet !!
Cooler Master Tower.
TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) MOTHERBOARD
AMD Ryzen 5 5900X CPU-LIQUID COOLED
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
32GB RAM G-SKILL TRIDENT Z
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

Beat578

« Reply #411 on: June 13, 2019, 08:15:51 am »
Hi all.
I have a very silly question: I own FSX Acceleration but I don't have it installed anymore. I switched to Prepar3dV4.5 lately. If I donwload the installer from this topic, would it install the whole FA-18 for Prepar3d? Or do I have to install my old FSX again, just to move the plane over before I can upgrade it?
Thanks for your help. It would be cool using your FA-18 again. I liked it very much in the FSX days.
Beat578

PhantomTweak

« Reply #412 on: June 13, 2019, 10:11:36 pm »
Go to the first post in this thread, and down load the v18.3 specifically marked as being for P3Dv4. To be specific, it's the second download listed.
I can post the DL link here if you want.
I believe it should have an auto-installer. If it does, just let it run. I do hope you do NOT have your P3D installed in th C:\Program Files folder. In any event, ensure you run the installer as Administrator. Yes, it will install a whole new plane to P3D.
Make sure that once it starts to install the .NET Framework file, you allow it to finish. It can APPEAR to freeze, or stop functioning. It HAS NOT. Just let it run. It can take upwards of 15-20 minutes to finish completely. Just let it run. Go get some coffee, take a walk outside, whatever.

If no  auto-installer, unzip the plane to a Temp folder someplace, and copy it to your P3D installation. Make sure that the HornetFCS.dll in the Panel.Fleet folder is the newer, slightly larger version. 107 or 109kb, iirc.
If not, go to the folder Extras under the plane's main folder. In that, should be a folder named P3D Specific Files . Inside THAT, are two sub-folders, named Panel.Fleet and Gauges, as well as several "loose" files, ie: not contained in any subfolder of the P3D Specific Files folder. Copy the "loose" files to the main aircraft folder, allowing Overwrites where requested. Copy the contents of the two folders to the appropriate locations, again allowing overwrites. IE:, copy the Panel.Fleet folder to the plane's main folder, telling it to Merge with what's already there, and allowing overwrites. Copy the contents of the Gauges to P3D's gauges folder.

Finally, Copy the Effects folder, contained within the Extras folder, to the P3D Effects folder. Ensure you permit it to Merge both the Effects and Texture folders, and allow overwrites, as always.

Does this help?
Pat☺

MIZ19

« Reply #413 on: June 14, 2019, 06:48:21 am »
Looking for the 'F-18.dll' gauge from the old FSX Acceleration pack.

Anyone know if this tool, (link below), can provide it ?

https://www.rikoooo.com/downloads/viewdownload/8/256

Anyone know of any other options to get this one gauge besides physically re-purchasing entire FSX sim, which I really do not want to do ?  

Thank-you,
M.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 03:55:39 am by MIZ19 »

Beat578

« Reply #414 on: June 14, 2019, 07:23:29 am »
Hi pat
Thanks worked like a charm. Only problem, I could not sleep afterwards because of my slow computer it ended in more than one coffee!
Great work! Thank you very much!
Beat578

PhantomTweak

« Reply #415 on: June 14, 2019, 09:49:52 pm »
@Beat578: Glad I could help a little. After all, you and your computer did all the heavy lifting. I just kibbitzed  :D

@MZ196: That gauge recovery tool is, from what I hear, a very useful item. Big, but useful :)
It may, or may not, recover the F18.dll file, I honestly don't know. I've never used it.
If it were me, which you're not but what the heck, I would look on the Acceleration disk, if you still have it, for the file. You'll need a decent zip file extractor, like 7Zip to get it off the disk alone.
Only alternative I can think of, would be to uninstall and then reinstall Acceleration. Since I use FSX:SE, I can't say how easy, or difficult, that might be.
Are you certain you do NOT have the F18.dll file anywhere anymore? Did you look carefully in the ...FSX\Gauges, ...FSX\Simobjects\Airplanes\FA-18\Panel, ...FSX\Simobjects\Airplanes\FA-18, and the ...FSX folders for the file?
May I ask just how it may have vanished? If you accidentally deleted it, did you maybe check the Recycle Bin, to see if it was still in there?

As an absolute LAST resort, after all, you can purchase FSX:SE. It normally runs a very reasonable $25.00, and is often on sale for roughly $10.00. Sometimes a bit less, sometimes a little more. But they have it on sale pretty often. Once it's fully installed, you should be able to find it in the ...FSX\Gauges folder. Or just install fly in SE. I really like it, personally. Since I got it the day it came on the market, for $5.00 (I'm very cheap...errr FRUGAL. Yeah, frugal...), I've had ONE CTD, and no OOM crashes.

Good luck to you all!
Pat☺

MIZ19

« Reply #416 on: June 15, 2019, 03:39:59 am »
Pat,

I discarded FSX-A discs a several years back when I switched to a newer machine and installed P3Dv3.5.
P3D does not have a F-18.dll AFAIK - I checked.
I will be doing another CPU/GPU upgrade later this year and really do not want to buy another 32 bit sim, since everything now is 64bit.

Thanks,
M.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 04:21:20 am by MIZ19 »

MIZ19

« Reply #417 on: June 19, 2019, 04:09:55 am »
I think I'll have to wait and see is FSX Steam Edition goes on sale this summer and hopefully I can get the F-18.dll gauge from it, as I don't know how else to obtain this gauge, now that I've discarded my old FSX Acceleration discs.

Azframer

« Reply #418 on: July 04, 2019, 09:09:42 pm »
Looking for the 'F-18.dll' gauge from the old FSX Acceleration pack.

Anyone know if this tool, (link below), can provide it ?

https://www.rikoooo.com/downloads/viewdownload/8/256

Anyone know of any other options to get this one gauge besides physically re-purchasing entire FSX sim, which I really do not want to do ?  

Thank-you,
M.

I actually posted a link to that very file. I zipped it and put it on media fire. It was some time ago.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/cirystyypowtrec/FA_18_dll.zip/file
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 09:14:23 pm by Azframer »

Butch

« Reply #419 on: October 03, 2019, 01:41:50 pm »
Which version is best for P3D V3.4? As of V18.1, I see only a FSX or P3D V4 offered.

Thanks