Author Topic: FSXBA F/A-18C HORNET  (Read 285250 times)

PhantomTweak

Re: FSXBA F/A-18C HORNET
« Reply #360 on: October 19, 2018, 09:11:01 pm »
So I am not a suspect of being a past or present Blue Angel Pilot and plus I am not in the Navy or a real Naval Aviator

I'm not a real Naval Aviator, but I play one in the sim world!  :D

Sorry, just a little joke, if you recall the commercial with "I'm not a doctor, but I play one on TV..."

Gad, it's been a long time since I saw that commercial...sheesh...  :P  ::)

Have fun, all!
Pat☺

Ah-Menace

« Reply #361 on: October 21, 2018, 06:40:16 pm »
Blue Angels,
Lol, I'm right there with you! When I was 8yrs, and first saw B.A.5 do his dirty roll on take off, I've been infatuated with them ever since. I've got some nice shirts coming soon too.

Ah-Menace

« Reply #362 on: October 21, 2018, 06:44:35 pm »
Jimi,
Hey bro, got a question,I can't seen to get the TacPac or Super Hornet to function right in the Rift,have you had any problems like this with your install?

RivasSim

« Reply #363 on: October 22, 2018, 05:48:03 am »
Problems with Tacpack in the RIFT is mayor with the Video Features, so basically your FLIR and I think NVGs will not work, I find out last week playing with the Aerosoft Tomcat.  I see how busy I am tomorow to post my Tacpack Config for the Rift.

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #364 on: October 22, 2018, 05:51:24 am »
Agree with Riva. If you are using Fly Inside FSX, you will have to turn off "experimental features" in the TACPACK Manager. This means no FLIR and NVG.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

Blue Angels

« Reply #365 on: October 22, 2018, 05:46:54 pm »
It's ok how do you create a Blue Angels Formation and also Solo demonstration in FSX

PhantomTweak

« Reply #366 on: October 23, 2018, 07:34:18 am »
Solo demo: Get in plane. Fly around. Solo demo complete.

Most use FSRecorder to make formations of planes. You go in, like any regular flight, with FSRecorder running. When you finish, you have it replay the flight you just did, and go in and fly close formation on the plane it shows. Again, with FSRecorder running. Now you have 2 airplanes flying the demo in close formation. Replay the 2 plane flight, and join them, as before. Now, you have 3 planes. Replay the first saved flight again, there will be 4 planes now. If you join them, there will be 5, so you could do the job of #5. IE: Fly the solo demo while the other 4 are doing the regular demo you created. Only maneuver I don't see how to do would be a "bomb-burst". Either vertical or horizontal. Other than that...

Have fun!
Pat☺

Ah-Menace

« Reply #367 on: October 29, 2018, 01:46:24 am »
Jimi,
 Hey bro, quick question, is it possible for you guys to give our Hornet this effect in the cockpit?

PhantomTweak

« Reply #368 on: October 29, 2018, 06:20:14 am »
That looks to me like the LEX Vapor effect. It should work fine in the v18.3 or v18.4.
You just have to have the right conditions. >=4.5G, <20, 000' Baro, >210KIAS.

Best way to see it is the tropics, with a realistic weather (high humidity, warm temps), get going about 300KIAS, low down, like around 1000', and do a tight pull. Just watch the G, otherwise you'll get GLOC, and not see a darned thing  :D

Does this help at all?
Pat☺

simaddict

« Reply #369 on: November 13, 2018, 03:47:23 am »
Hmmm....been a little quiet around here :) just wondered if Jimi's been working on the p3d 18.4 version? Having fun with the last version, but just wondering.
Thanks!
Mike
Cooler Master Tower.
TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) MOTHERBOARD
AMD Ryzen 5 5900X CPU-LIQUID COOLED
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
32GB RAM G-SKILL TRIDENT Z
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

PhantomTweak

« Reply #370 on: November 13, 2018, 07:43:05 am »
Hi, Mike!
Yes, the short answer is that he's working on it as best he can.
The long answer is that he's traveling all over Europe for his job, and that takes up a lot of his time and effort. Doesn't leave a whole lot of either  for working on the Hornet, but he's doing his best. Mostly working on the Manual for it, as far as I know, and checking out possible coding errors I find as I try my best to integrate the HARM missile into it. So, hopefully, there will be some real steps ahead when the next version is published.

BTW, I can't promise I'll have the whole HARM system 100% going by the next update, but I believe I will have a "fire-n-forget" version going. Maybe no PB or TOO functions, but if you get painted by a SAM or AAA radar you should be able to just point somewhere near the site and turn it loose. It SHOULD fly down the radar beam and nail the transmitter. A kind-of, sort-of, SP mode. It may or may not have the MFD and RWR displays, but I'm trying to get them too. MFDs are not an area I'm very familiar with, though.
I'm pretty sure it'll be able to stay on a transmitter that shuts off, and maybe even moves afterward. Best description of it I heard was from a Phantom Wild Weasel pilot. He said it has a "home on animosity" feature. It hates the radar vans it detects, and flies to them and destroys them with great glee, and accuracy.
Anyway, I'm working on it as fast as I can. Almost to the basic testing phase. More to come!

Far as I know, that's what going on right now :)
Does that help at all?
Pat☺

simaddict

« Reply #371 on: November 13, 2018, 12:52:56 pm »
Thanks' Pat. Just wondered, and I understand. It must be a lot of work, especially trying to work around traveling for work! Thanks for the update!
Take care,
Mike
Cooler Master Tower.
TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) MOTHERBOARD
AMD Ryzen 5 5900X CPU-LIQUID COOLED
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
32GB RAM G-SKILL TRIDENT Z
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

fsafranek

• Mirage Aircraft for Flight Simulator
« Reply #372 on: November 14, 2018, 03:46:12 pm »
I'm not a real Naval Aviator, but I play one in the sim world!  :D

Sorry, just a little joke, if you recall the commercial with "I'm not a doctor, but I play one on TV..."

Gad, it's been a long time since I saw that commercial...sheesh...  :P  ::)

Have fun, all!
Pat☺
Here Pat: 

killer

« Reply #373 on: December 05, 2018, 11:46:13 pm »
I've tried twice to download the 18.3 version and I keep getting a Queued (pending resolution error on parent folder). I extracted on Zip Extractor to get this queued signal and I am thinking I should try another Zip file. My question is what has worked. I feel the error is on my end as all the replies have been positive about the FSXBA F/A -18C Hornet. I'm using FSX Stream, which I just loaded into my computer. Appreciate any help.

PhantomTweak

« Reply #374 on: December 06, 2018, 08:02:16 am »
Try using 7Zip to unzip it. That is, IMHO, the most versatile zipfile manager I've ever found.
It's readily available, and it's freeware. Just Google 7Zip .

I won't promise that's your entire problem, since I don't have Zip Expander, but I'd bet on it. Additionally, Jimi often uses 7Zip to create the zipfiles, so it's an excellent choice for unzipping it :D

Also, if you have Win10, please o please tell me you didn't allow Steam to install it's self or FSX into C:\Program Files(X86). If it did, I strongly suggest un-installing it, at least FSX, and installing someplace else. This is relatively simple and easy with Steam.
Win10, especially, has a severe problem with allowing alterations to ANY programs or files in that folder, as well as C:\Program Files. It will make your life MUCH simpler and easier to keep FSX out of either of those two folders.

Hope this is a little help :)
Pat☺