Author Topic: FSXBA F/A-18C HORNET  (Read 282949 times)

Blue Angels

Re: FSXBA F/A-18C HORNET
« Reply #345 on: October 10, 2018, 03:20:41 pm »
So when will a FSXBA F/A-18C HORNET v.19 be available for download on FSX Blue Angels.com with the  Blue Angels textures alone and also will there also be an FSXBA F/A-18D HORNET for download on  FSX Blue Angels.com also with the Blue Angles textures alone
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 02:16:10 pm by Blue Angels »

PhantomTweak

« Reply #346 on: October 10, 2018, 08:39:16 pm »
Does the FSXBA F/A-18C HORNET v18.4.131 come with an AI so that you can do a Blue Angel Airshow in FSX Acceleration
You mean like an AI Hornet? No.
Having said that, there are a number of recorder software of different kinds so you can record what you do, and then play it back, flying formation with it as it goes. Things like FSRecorder, FormationSetup.zip by Jerry Beckwith, and  so on. Just Google AI Formations FSX and you'll get several viable links to different softwares to accomplish what you want.

and does it also come with all of the Marine and Fleet Textures as well as the Blue Angels Textures
Yes, it does. As has been mentioned before, make sure the little box at the bottom of the Aircraft Select screen marked SHOW ALL VARIATIONS is checked, and select FSX Blue Angels as a manufacturer. You will see all the different paints available.

Hope this helps...
Pat☺

Ah-Menace

« Reply #347 on: October 11, 2018, 04:31:37 am »
Jimi,
Hey man I finally fixed it. For some reason I had to switch the Blues UFC Folder with the Fleet one,now I'm good, thanks for trying tho!
Blue Angels

Ah-Menace

« Reply #348 on: October 11, 2018, 04:36:49 am »
Blue Angels,
Hey, your coming off as a suspect of being a past or present real Blues pilot, is this possible? Lol

Ah-Menace

« Reply #349 on: October 11, 2018, 08:27:49 am »
fellas,
 Just touching in with ya'll real quick, after a bar night, if u can afford it, build ur own rig, get Oculus Rift,Fly Inside, and @ least FSX Steam Edition and u will never go back to 2D again! I love flying over home! (Va.Beach) "Oceana"! I7 8700K,GTX 1080 TI,and enough to push them! Later!

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #350 on: October 11, 2018, 07:21:42 pm »
fellas,
 Just touching in with ya'll real quick, after a bar night, if u can afford it, build ur own rig, get Oculus Rift,Fly Inside, and @ least FSX Steam Edition and u will never go back to 2D again! I love flying over home! (Va.Beach) "Oceana"! I7 8700K,GTX 1080 TI,and enough to push them! Later!

Agreed. Oculus is a game changer for immersion! Just sucks that you have to feel around for everything lol

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

PhantomTweak

« Reply #351 on: October 11, 2018, 07:49:53 pm »
Agreed. Oculus is a game changer for immersion! Just sucks that you have to feel around for everything lol
Sux worse that some are physically incapable of using VR. You need 2 good eyes to use any VR system. Leaves me out entirely.

Oh well, them's the breaks of NavAir, as we used to say :D
Have fun, all!
Pat☺

D5turbi

« Reply #352 on: October 13, 2018, 10:07:20 am »
Hi Pat,
I do not have good eyes, (astigmatic and hyperopic) and I fly without problems in VR with an Oculus Rift. I do not wear the glasses under the helmet. ;)
Jean

PhantomTweak

« Reply #353 on: October 13, 2018, 08:54:08 pm »
Ahh, but at least you have the requisite TWO eyes, Jean.

VR doesn't work with just one. It uses the different pictures on the two sides to "fool" your brain into thinking what it's receiving is in 3D. It works much like reality. You get two slightly different views in your two eyes, and your brain interprets it as a 3D world. It's one of the important things your brain learns early on in you existence.

I haven't seen the world in 3D since '92, when a wild mustang ran across in front of my bike. No way to stop at 60 MPH. Scraped me right off the back of the bike, and we all went bouncing down the highway together for a ways. Thank whatever deity you prefer for helmets, though! Apparently my head bounced of the centerline for a while, as it wound up with the neatest, bright yellow stripe down the side of it. Knocked the retina off the back of the eyeball on the left side.
Went through surgery to try and repair it, but to no avail. No retina, eyeball no worky.
Took me a while to learn the new way of seeing. Try closing one eye, and viewing the world. It appears the same at first glance, but try and pick up a pencil off the table, or have someone toss you a ball. You won't catch it, I promise. Made driving a REAL adventure, at first.  ;D

So yeah, that's my long winded way of saying that I am sure VR is a wonderful thing, but I'll never be able to use it, for anything. Flying or not.

Just a "thing" one has to deal with, like it or not. I would have loved to toss a football with my kids, or play Ultimate Frisby, like I did in high school, or juggle, as I used to be able to do rather well, but hey, wish in one hand...  :D

If you have a VR system, utilize it, and enjoy it!  ;)
Pat☺

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #354 on: October 14, 2018, 05:38:26 am »
Ahh, but at least you have the requisite TWO eyes, Jean.

VR doesn't work with just one. It uses the different pictures on the two sides to "fool" your brain into thinking what it's receiving is in 3D. It works much like reality. You get two slightly different views in your two eyes, and your brain interprets it as a 3D world. It's one of the important things your brain learns early on in you existence.

I haven't seen the world in 3D since '92, when a wild mustang ran across in front of my bike. No way to stop at 60 MPH. Scraped me right off the back of the bike, and we all went bouncing down the highway together for a ways. Thank whatever deity you prefer for helmets, though! Apparently my head bounced of the centerline for a while, as it wound up with the neatest, bright yellow stripe down the side of it. Knocked the retina off the back of the eyeball on the left side.
Went through surgery to try and repair it, but to no avail. No retina, eyeball no worky.
Took me a while to learn the new way of seeing. Try closing one eye, and viewing the world. It appears the same at first glance, but try and pick up a pencil off the table, or have someone toss you a ball. You won't catch it, I promise. Made driving a REAL adventure, at first.  ;D

So yeah, that's my long winded way of saying that I am sure VR is a wonderful thing, but I'll never be able to use it, for anything. Flying or not.

Just a "thing" one has to deal with, like it or not. I would have loved to toss a football with my kids, or play Ultimate Frisby, like I did in high school, or juggle, as I used to be able to do rather well, but hey, wish in one hand...  :D

If you have a VR system, utilize it, and enjoy it!  ;)
Pat☺

Unfortunate story Pat.  Played around with Oculus Rift a little tonight, minus the use of one eye.... Obviously the 3D effects are gone as you've previously mentioned, but even so, the sense of scale and the very accurate head tracking that you get with it is still worth the investment if you can.  I'll have to warn you though, it is a costly investment.  Especially if your rig isn't already ready to handle it and you have to make upgrades...

my two cents....

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

D5turbi

« Reply #355 on: October 14, 2018, 09:12:30 am »
Hi Pat,
Sorry for your traffic accident and its aftermath.

I was going to test the vision in the oculus by closing an eye, but jimi08 was faster.
For me, the big advantage of the RV is that we are "in" the plane.

You should be able to try one.

Jean

PhantomTweak

« Reply #356 on: October 14, 2018, 08:44:14 pm »
Thanks guys. I appreciate to comments. :D

IF, and as you can see, it's a big IF  ;D , we can scrape the cash together, I'll get a VR of some sort, if for no other reason than the immersion factor. I may not get true 3D, as y'all noticed, but it may well be worth it. If nothing else, it'll give my lovely wife a new techno-toy to play with when she goes flying  ;)
Now, I just have to talk her into it LOL!

Thanks again for the concern, all!
Have fun.
Pat☺

Kea

« Reply #357 on: October 16, 2018, 08:32:59 am »
Hey Jimi, I'm transitioning slowly across to P3D and I've downloaded the latest prototype version for v4, but every time I install it (yes, I've tried several times), I don't have a HUD or FLIR. Am I missing something obvious? Is anyone else having the same problem?
Cheers

Blue Angels

« Reply #358 on: October 16, 2018, 05:22:00 pm »
I downloaded the AIRound V2.0 for FSX can this be used to create a Blue Angel Airshow using the FSXBA F/A-18C HORNET v.18.4.103 for fsx
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 05:23:59 pm by Blue Angels »

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #359 on: October 17, 2018, 12:50:10 am »
Hey Jimi, I'm transitioning slowly across to P3D and I've downloaded the latest prototype version for v4, but every time I install it (yes, I've tried several times), I don't have a HUD or FLIR. Am I missing something obvious? Is anyone else having the same problem?
Cheers

The latest unofficial releases that have been released are for FSX and not P3D.  Since FSX tends to be more picky about coding format than P3D, I tend to do most of my developments in FSX then adapt to P3D.   P3D had a completely different way of implementing the FLIR so I still have to do that as well.

When I get time, I'll post aP3D prototype version.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels