Author Topic: FSXBA F/A-18C HORNET  (Read 283060 times)

simaddict

Re: FSXBA F/A-18C HORNET
« Reply #270 on: September 06, 2018, 04:33:54 am »
Hi, Jimi. No luck, Experimental Features checked or unchecked. Am I the only one? If so, I must have some setting wrong.
Thanks,
Mike
Cooler Master Tower.
TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) MOTHERBOARD
AMD Ryzen 5 5900X CPU-LIQUID COOLED
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
32GB RAM G-SKILL TRIDENT Z
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

PhantomTweak

« Reply #271 on: September 06, 2018, 07:22:46 am »
Just to be certain, which version of TP are you using? They published a new, updated, version fairly recently...v1.5.0.4
When you unistalled and re-installed TP, did you make certain it was ALL gone? The folder in P3D, the TPM folder on your hard drive...all of it?
Are you certain you DL'd the correct version of the Hornet, AND the correct TP version? The ones for P3D v4?

When you uninstalled and re-installed TacPack, did you uninstall the Superbug too? And re-install it if you choose, of course. But you have to install and activate TP first, and only then install the Superbug.

I'm just trying to think of possibilities here. I don't know whether any of them will be of any use for you, though.

Hope you get it going!
Pat☺

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #272 on: September 06, 2018, 02:53:05 pm »
Hey Mike,

MY APOLOGIES.  Just went back over our dialogue to see what I missed.  Currently, I don't have FLIR working for P3Dv4 yet.  Only FSX as of now.  Hoping to have FLIR for P3Dv4 up and running soon though.

Jimi

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

simaddict

« Reply #273 on: September 06, 2018, 03:09:46 pm »
Thanks Pat and Jimi. Now I can stop letting it bug me, and wait for the next update! Great work, I'm actually surprised that it's not payware! 

Thanks again!
Mike
Cooler Master Tower.
TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) MOTHERBOARD
AMD Ryzen 5 5900X CPU-LIQUID COOLED
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
32GB RAM G-SKILL TRIDENT Z
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #274 on: September 07, 2018, 06:43:05 am »
Much appreciated Mike.  Hopefully we'll have the P3D one out soonest.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

D5turbi

« Reply #275 on: September 07, 2018, 03:29:00 pm »
Hi jimi,
Continuing my learning of the F-18, I test the functions of the Air / Air radar.
(I do not have the TackPack).
Are there videos explaining the operation that looks different from the outdated radar of the F-18 FSX?

I do not quite understand the indications in the HUD:

In the first screenshot, I selected a target airplane using the TUP and TDN keys. The radar spot become red.
In the HUD, the selection square does not follow the target.

The second screenshot shows a second square positioned lower than the 1st and a circle that appears to be the collimator of fire.

The third screenshot shows the position where we are allowed to shoot.
To achieve this, I have to stack the two squares in the circle. But I am too low compared to the target and the shot goes under it.

If I try to go up the circle / squares set, the SHOOT indication disappears.

The documentation is wordless, and that of the original F-18 FSX no longer corresponds to this new version.

Thanks in advance.
Jean

New issue :
A crash to desk with screenshot 4 notification. A file not found (or an error in a .xml ?)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 07:07:12 pm by D5turbi »

PhantomTweak

« Reply #276 on: September 07, 2018, 08:39:57 pm »
Right off the bat, and once again, I don't have P3D, but looking at the HUD and two DDI's it looks to me like you locked onto the target past the one that's closest to you. That's why, when you shoot, it LOOKS like the rounds are going under your tgt. They're aimed at the next target, not the closest one to you. Again, this is ALL "it appears to me as though"...
I know it's very difficult to duplicate a situation like this, so you may not be able to re-try this particular scenario.
Try this, if the same situation arises again: When you lock up a tgt, switch the radar to ST mode, upper left corner. Click the soft button twice from RW mode to get ST mode. That way, the radar will only display one target. Only the one you have locked up. Also, lower the radar's range to 5 mi, to get more detail of the close-up targets, so you can be certain you're locked to the target you actually want. You should also only get one TD box on the HUD in ST mode, and all the ranging information, the circle showing range and Vc and so on will be on the one target you want.

Hope this is some help...
Pat☺

D5turbi

« Reply #277 on: September 08, 2018, 10:59:46 am »
Hi Pat,

In ST mode, the radar always displays multiple targets, and the choice using the TUP and TDN keys is not retained. The locked target returns to the nearest one.

When the target is near and the range of the radar is set to 5, the target remains locked.

In the HUD, the TD box is not locked to the chosen target. When approaching the target, the circle appears, accompanied by a second TD box  locked UNDER the target and, when this second TD box is brought into the circle, the authorization to shoot is displayed in the HUD.

I will take the old version of the F / A-18 to compare.

Jean

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #278 on: September 09, 2018, 02:19:29 am »
Looks like a HUD symbology alignment issue.  I'll have it fixed in the next release.  Thanks.

Jimi

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels

D5turbi

« Reply #279 on: September 09, 2018, 09:32:14 am »
OK Jimi,

Another issue when I extend the probe (see screeshot)
And the supply is erratic.
The percentage and amount of fuel vary more, then less and again more.
I do not know if it's related to this problem, but P3D finds an error in the gauge:

error = Gauge / Script Error
Type: Gauge
Name: RefuelingGauge
Error: Invalid script: "@Vehicle_AirSpeed (> L: Vehicle AirSpeed, kts) (A: PLANE LONGITUDE, radians) / - / (C: ITrafficInfo: S: PLANE LONGITUDE, radians) / - / - sin (C: ITrafficInfo: S: PLANE LATITUDE, radians) cos *

I am preparing a short video that I will send you by mail.

Jean
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 09:59:23 am by D5turbi »

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #280 on: September 09, 2018, 11:55:03 am »
Jean,

Good catch on the HUD. Not sure why it would be duplicated. Can you remind me of your setup?  FSX? TACPACK?

Either way, I'll add it to my fix list and take a look at it once I return home next week.

As for the fueling amount, I suspect that it is affected by the new fuel gauge that now takes into account external stores. So you will not getting 100% unless you have all three external tanks loaded and filled.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels

D5turbi

« Reply #281 on: September 09, 2018, 01:57:56 pm »
Hi Jimi,
My configuration is P3D v4.3 without tackpack.

I am not trying to get 100% fuel, but I point out that the percentage and the total fuel fluctuates during refueling. The percentage varies from 92 to 62% and / or the total fuel passes from 13410 to 10650 before going up.

Jean

Crash19

Re: FSXBA F/A-18C HORNET 18.4
« Reply #282 on: September 09, 2018, 10:23:11 pm »
I recently downloaded the latest edition of the Hornet 18.4, and every time I take off, the frame rates drop to where it is uncontrollable due to the lag of 7fps. Everything else on the aircraft works great, it just will not run smoothly after take off. Can anyone help me with this issue?

Thanks,

Crash

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #283 on: September 10, 2018, 11:00:54 am »
I recently downloaded the latest edition of the Hornet 18.4, and every time I take off, the frame rates drop to where it is uncontrollable due to the lag of 7fps. Everything else on the aircraft works great, it just will not run smoothly after take off. Can anyone help me with this issue?

Thanks,

Crash

Can you give me your setup please?

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels

Crash19

« Reply #284 on: September 12, 2018, 02:54:37 am »
Setup is FSX:Acceleration boxed edition.

Computer has:
2gb vram
3.5ghz processor
8gb ram