Author Topic: FSXBA F/A-18C HORNET  (Read 286362 times)

Johan

Re: FSXBA F/A-18C HORNET
« Reply #225 on: July 26, 2018, 07:45:56 pm »
Johan,

Can you check in your FSX (Win7) settings, in the Controls/Axis tab and confirm that you do not have multiple things assigned to the X and Y axis? 

With the Warthog, I'd imagine that you have separate entries for both stick and throttle.  Use the pull down tab and select the flight stick and make sure that the aforementioned axis' are properly assigned. Then use the pull down tab and select the throttle, go back to the axis tab, and confirm that there are no assignments to the X and Y axis. 

I'd do the same for flaps as well.  Make sure the flaps are not assigned to any axis, but to switches, buttons or keys instead.

Hope this helps.

-Jimi

Hi Jimi,

Thanks for your response and yes, you make an excellent point. The TM Warthog is driven by FSUIPC coding, so I need to make sure in the FSX settings that the check box for the stick is unchecked. I might have inadvertently checked it back on with a Ctrl + K (joystick on/off). That would explain the erratic behavior of the plane. I am going back home next weekend and will let you know if this was the problem.
Thank you again,

Johan

Helice

« Reply #226 on: August 20, 2018, 12:08:14 am »
The first i want to say thanks for your work. I love this plane is so beauty and i am enjoying fly it. I'm new here so i want to take advantage to say HI and great job!

I have a little problem, i cannot use ILS to land and right now i have to do it 100% visual. Most of the times in the UFCP i cannot swicht the ILS frequency to ON. Even if the display says ON, the ILS HUD bars doesn't work.

I am trying to land in USS Nimitz by Javier Fernandez. I think it works fine because Dino Cattaneo's T45 and F14 can catch the carrier ILS.

To see if it's my problem i tried to land in my local airport but i have same problem.

I give you a couple of screenshots if you want to check everything is right.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/453512420267261952/480854294963290122/unknown.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/453512420267261952/479291906036203533/unknown.png

For the record: I press ILS UFPC button -> then i press 112000 and ENTER button. IILS in right DDI is enabled. Also in the shift+2 HUD panel instrument the ILS and CAGE are ON.

Am i forgetting anything???

Thanks in advance and excuse my basic english. I hope is understable.

Edit: P3Dv4 (4.2) and FSXBA 18.3 for P3D
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 12:59:27 am by Helice »

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #227 on: August 20, 2018, 01:48:07 pm »
Helice,

Firstly, welcome to the forums here, and secondly, thanks for the good words, I'll be sure to pass them along.

As for the ILS, it's not you, it's me lol. It's a know issue that currently being worked on. Should have a update coming out soon that will fix it in about a week or two.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

Helice

« Reply #228 on: August 20, 2018, 03:34:08 pm »
Thanks for the welcome :D

Nice to know everythink is OK. I feel less idiot now XD

No problem for the fix, take the time you need. While i wait the update i can enjoy fly the plane anyway because the F18 is lovely. For me is an big icon of modern aviation. My little project is land on carrier at night with closed storm. I loved years ago that missison in FSX Acceleration and i would like to reproduce it.

Thanks again for such a good bird.

... it's not you, it's me lol...

Dang i hate this phrase. It remembers me a girlfriend ending a relationship XD

72westy

« Reply #229 on: August 20, 2018, 09:16:35 pm »
Does installing the current version still require the FA_18_dll or is it included in the package?
Win10 Pro 22H2 19045.3448/Core i7 3770K/G-Skill 32GB DDR3 RAM CL7-8-8-24/Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 BIOS F10/Asus RTX 2070 OC 8GB/Crucial MX 500 1TB SSD/(x3)1TB RAW Mushkin SSDs/LG Blue Ray DL Burner/Corsair RM-750/Rosewill Mid Challenger Tower/X56HOTAS/TrackIRPro5/Oculus Quest 2/Inateck KU5211

PhantomTweak

« Reply #230 on: August 20, 2018, 10:53:41 pm »
Which sim?
P3Dv3, yes. P3Dv4 and higher, no.
Remember, the Hornet for FSX, and P3Dv3, are the same, and the P3Dv4 bird is a separate plane.

Does that help?
Pat☺

Helice

« Reply #231 on: August 22, 2018, 12:48:49 am »
Edit:

For some reason in P3D 4.2 i only need copy FSXBA\P3D Specific Files\Gauges\HornetFCS.dll to \Prepar3D v4\gauges\ to avoid the "FCS FAIL". (109KB size)

But in P3D 4.3 i overwrite also the FSXBA\panel.fleet\HornetFCS.dll (75KB) with the 109KB version.

If i don't replace the panel.fleet one i cannot fix the FCS FAIL.

Am i doing right?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 02:19:27 am by Helice »

PhantomTweak

« Reply #232 on: August 22, 2018, 07:54:13 am »
Well, if it gets rid of the FCS FAIL mesage, it must be the right thing to do :D

I was under the impression that the P3D sims only needed it to be in the ...P3D\Gauges folder. I have the funny feeling it was the mere presence of the 76kb version in the Panel.Fleet folder that was making things messed up, but heck, I might be wrong on that.
As an experiment, you can try moving both the 76kb AND the 109kb versions out of the Panel.Fleet folder. Just make yourself some folder under the main plane's folder, like ...\BAX, or whatever you want to call it, and cut-n-paste ANY .dll file in the Panel.fleet folder to that. Not copy-n-paste, but cut-n-paste. In other words, remove any HornetFCS.dll file at all from the Panel.Fleet folder, and place it, gently, of course ( ;D ), into your just created folder so you can find it (them) again quickly and easily. Then see if you get the FCS FAIL message.
If you do, just put the 109kb file back into the panel.fleet folder, and enjoy the plane :D
If you don't get the FAIL message, well, you know that the HornetFCS.dll (109kb) only needs to be in the \P3D\Gauges folder to function properly.

Remember to either have the sim totally shut down while you're moving files around. Is it NECESSARY? Probably not. You could probably get away with just being in the Free Flight menu area while doing it, but I think it might be safer to have the sim closed completely.

I would try this for you if I could, but I don't have P3D. Sorry about that.
If you would, please let us, or me, anyway, know how this all falls out. That we, or at least I, can pass this on to someone else who has the same, or a similar, problem. Thanks!

Good luck!
Pat☺

Helice

« Reply #233 on: August 22, 2018, 12:32:09 pm »
Hey Pat! Test done and works fine with no FCS FAIL.

Right now there is not HornetFCS.dll in FSXBA\panel.fleet (neither 79kb nor 109kb)

My guess is the priority of load dll's folder has changed from 4.2 to 4.3. Maybe in 4.2 loads first the main gauges folder and this is why works fine.

Looks like P3D_4.3 loads first the plane\panel.fleet folder and the 79KB  is not the right one (which is there when you download the plane).

I hope this helps.

(oc we are talking about the download of the FSXBA 18.3 for P3D)

PhantomTweak

« Reply #234 on: August 22, 2018, 08:45:19 pm »
Thanks for the update, H!

I appreciate the info. Now, if it comes up for others, or on other forums, maybe I can help them a little.

I AM glad you got it working.
Who knows what Lockheed is doing to the poor sim. I'll not comment further on Lockheed. I used to work for them, so I know how they work. It wouldn't surprise me to know they changed the gauge search/load order. They did it once, why not again?

ANYWAY...

Now, I insist you go up flying in the v18.3 and enjoy it. This is a requirement for using the airplane  ;D
And don't forget AICarriers, vLSO, and so on. They only add on to the greatness that this plane is, and is becoming as they go.

If you have TacPack, by the way, it works well in the Hornet v18.3, but will work so much better in the next update, which is coming soon. I just got TP, and I'm really enjoying it. I just shot down an AI Dash 8 over MCAS Yuma. Not a fair fight, but it was a blast, gunning his tail off.

Have fun, and thanks again for the testing. It will help others  ;)
Pat☺

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #235 on: August 27, 2018, 02:04:05 am »
Hello Gents,

I know it's been a little while since we've put out an update on the Hornet so I'll quickly fill you in on what we've been up to:

1. RADIOS:  Lot's of work on revamping both the COM and NAV radios that they have better functionality.  The new radios allow both VORTAC Freqs as well as TACAN channels to be entered and tuned.  ILS needles and CRS arrows have been fixed as well.  This includes both land and carrier ops.

2. AUTOPILOT:  Autopilot functionality has been fixed.

3. TACPACK Ordnance Fire Control:  Has been redone and adjusted. (TACPACK ONLY)

4. DDI Menu Layout:  The new DDI Menus have both TAC and SUPT menu pages to more accurately reflect that of the F/A-18C Hornet

5. RWR: New RADAR Warning Receiver (RWR) has been implemented below the right DDI to warn of incoming threats (FSX TACPACK ONLY)
6. EW: New Electronic Warfare (EW) Page which shows same info as RWR but on DDI along with Chaff/Flare status and option to arm Jammer (FSX TACPACK ONLY)

7. FLIR:  New basic Forward Looking Infrared (FLIR) capability added to the jet that is synced with the RADAR (TACPACK ONLY)

8. HMD: New, very basic Helmet Mounted Display (HMD) added to the jet.  Just shows basic HUD info currently (FSX TACPACK ONLY)

9. FUEL SYSTEM:  New fuel system actually takes into account whether or not external stores are hung onto the jet and adds fuel accordingly

10. RADAR: New TMAP Radar installed on the aircraft that brings better capability for TACPACK operations (TACPACK ONLY)

11. FCS RESET BUTTON:  Resets the FCS PIDs if the FCS starts to go crazy.

12.  TEXTURES:  Updated cockpit textures.

Well those are the biggies.  Bunch of other smaller fixes and adds.  More details on each will be put out once the update is actually released.  Big thanks goes to Corrado, PhantomTweak, and Kea for all the updates, textures help and testing!

Hoping to get this wrapped up and pushed out either just before or sometime in September.

-Jimi
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 02:46:40 am by jimi08 »

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

Helice

« Reply #236 on: August 27, 2018, 12:37:24 pm »
KREYGASM These are very good news @jimi08. Cannot wait the update to try ILS on USS Nimitz.

@PhantomTweak : YOur welcome. A pleasure help a bit. The Tacpack sounds good but i don't own it. For the price maybe i preffer a plane in DCS. Not sure.

D5turbi

« Reply #237 on: August 27, 2018, 02:13:53 pm »
While waiting for this future update, I managed to modify the HUD to obtain the correct display of the ILS:

attached image.

Jean

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #238 on: August 31, 2018, 10:18:16 am »
New version out on page 1 of this thread.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels

D5turbi

« Reply #239 on: August 31, 2018, 11:31:07 am »
Hello Jimi08
Should the file "panel.cfg" in the "Panel.fleet" folder be replaced with the one contained in "P3D specific files"?

Jean