Author Topic: FSXBA F/A-18C HORNET  (Read 283103 times)

PhantomTweak

Re: FSXBA F/A-18C HORNET
« Reply #210 on: July 08, 2018, 08:37:14 pm »
Yeah, that's a problem I noticed as well. In the v17.3, you could punch in 57X for the Nimitz, for example, and it would have the correct frequency in the NAV1 radio. Now, you have to actually enter the correct frequency, not just the TACAN number.

A small detail. No big, once I figured it out.
Is this setup true-to-life? I have no idea. More research is needed, at least on my part.
If it is, I am sure they will just leave things as-is. If not, they'll correct it :D

Enjoy!
Pat☺

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #211 on: July 09, 2018, 11:34:23 pm »
Gents,

I'll give it a look/ once I return home and get the chance.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

PhantomTweak

« Reply #212 on: July 10, 2018, 09:20:09 am »
Hi, Jimi!
Good to see ya, as always :D

Take your time on this. Like I said, it's a small detail.
Another small detail: The CSEL line on the HSI, and the NAV line on the HUD (the little arrow line that points at the NAV1 source), go totally nuts when the NAV is set to a carrier, and you're within range of it. 99 miles I think is max range, isn't it?
The ILS system, the two line-up bars, works fine. The CSEL and NAV line work fine with airports. It's just with carriers they are all over the compass. It almost looks like they are going around in a circle, but if you watch them, they are randomly scanning through all headings.

I've looked at the HUD's xml files but I can't seem to see the trouble. What a surprise, huh?  ???  :D

One last thing: I've been getting a lot of requests for at least the install instructions in a Readme file included in the download files. I know, they're pretty self explanatory, but still...
Could you either add a Readme file, or make the whole thing into an auto-installer, like it used to be? Including the download/install of the C++ Redist file it needs? It would be a big help. Also, where to get the FA_18.dll. A lot of folks only have P3D, and have never had FSX.
Just a thought :)

Have fun! We'll see ya when you get back. No rush, though...
Pat☺

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #213 on: July 10, 2018, 11:08:04 am »
Hey Pat!

Same here man.  Greetings from Norway lol.

I'll take a look at the instrumentation when i get back and will start including the autoinstaller.

Thanks again.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

PhantomTweak

« Reply #214 on: July 10, 2018, 11:34:47 pm »
Hello again!

Update to CSEL arrow difficulty. If you select NAV2 on the HUD Control Panel, the CSEL and TACAN direction arrow on the HUD stop their wavering, but nothing points at the boat. And yes, I did have 112.00 entered in both the ILS and TACAN windows, and ILS selected on the HSI.

Also, after numerous attempts, if BCN is selected on the UFC buttons, no numbers appear on the scratchpad display, and no key-presses show up on the scratchpad. Thus, no way to select the beacon to use.

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, which as we all know is a very distinct possibility.  :D

Good luck, and enjoy Norway! I'm still looking through the HUD and UFC xml's but so far, no luck.
A question real quick if I may: is there a difference between the paren symbol ( or ), and the bracket symbol { or }, in XML programming? I see some IF...ELSE statements have one symbol, some the other. Just curiosity, is all :)

Pat☺

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #215 on: July 11, 2018, 12:22:32 pm »
The CSEL issue might be a little more complicated to fix. I'll take a look at it and the BCN once I get back.

As for the parentheses and squiggly brackets, yes there is a difference. Squiggly brackets "{ }" are used to define "if" or "els" statements, while parentheses "( )" are sure for Vars (A: or E: ), LVars (L:) and Key events (K:)

Hope this helps

Jimi

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels

PhantomTweak

« Reply #216 on: July 12, 2018, 07:29:43 am »
The CSEL issue might be a little more complicated to fix. I'll take a look at it and the BCN once I get back.
No hurry  ;)
This is so much fun to fly, I'm in no hurry for anything. Of course, I'm too old and fat to hurry any way  ;D

As for the parentheses and squiggly brackets, yes there is a difference. Squiggly brackets "{ }" are used to define "if" or "els" statements, while parentheses "( )" are sure for Vars (A: or E: ), LVars (L:) and Key events (K:)

Hope this helps
Yup! That was exactly what I needed to know. Thank you!
If I not extremely careful, I learn something new every day. It's simply amazing to me...
 :o ;D

Thanks again Jimi! I appreciate all your hard work greatly. Just don't over-do and burn out!  :P
Pat☺

Johan

« Reply #217 on: July 21, 2018, 10:11:03 pm »
Hi Pat,

I have 2 different systems in 2 different locations. One is running WIN10, and the F/A-18 is working great on it (thank you team!), and the other one is running WIN7 and the plane cannot be controlled: the stick is vibrating, the flaps are shaking, no rolling possible....etc. Did anybody encounter this problem? I updated FSUICP today (like you did a few weeks ago), and it doesn’t solve the problem.
My other planes (like the Sludge) are working fine with WIN7.
Thanks for you help if you can.

Johan
PS: my sim is FSX Acceleration on both systems
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 12:58:16 am by Johan »

jp1

« Reply #218 on: July 21, 2018, 10:20:45 pm »
Hi,
can anyone help please?
I have installed the wonderful FSXBA F/A-18C and it flies great.
However I have tacpack, and while all the weapons show ok , I can't release any. Everything that is selected with the tacpack manager appears on the model and on the display. The only thing that works is the arming switch in the cockpit. None of the tacpack keyboard or stick commands have any effect.
Maybe I made a mistake with the install or I am missing some step. I couldn't find any details about this in the documents.
Could anyone advise, please?
jc    ??? ??? ???

PhantomTweak

« Reply #219 on: July 23, 2018, 08:40:21 pm »
Sorry, I don't have TacPac.

Wish I could be more help on this. You do have all the requisite Simconnects, .NET Framework, C++ redistributable, and the latest FSUIPC, all installed?
I don't know if those will be any use here but heck, ya never know!

Another thought, do you possibly have the key mappings TacPac requires in use by something else? Like the release trigger is used for flaps extension or something?

You are arming up with the Master Arm on, correct weapon station selected, and A-A or A-G selected over on the left side of the main instrument panel? I am not sure it's necessary, but do you also select the same mode and arming on the HUD Control panel? Do you have a target locked in of the correct version, like another airplane or a ground target?

I'm just guessing. Throwing out possibilities I think of...

Hopefully something in my babbling can be of use.
Pat☺

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #220 on: July 25, 2018, 12:03:53 pm »
JP1,

Did you select the particular weapon to be used in the DDI prior to trying to release the ordnance.  If not, follow this procedure:
1.  Click on AA or AG Master Mode button
2.  In the DDI, go to MENU > SMS
3.  From there, click on the softbutton (grey button) next to the weapon to be used.  Once clicked, a box should appear around the selection indicating that it's now selected.
4.  Arm the jet, by clicking on the MASTER ARM switch
5.  Press the Pickle Button (for AG ordnance) or pull the trigger (for AA ordnance) to deploy selected weapon.

I'll have to recheck the coding, but I don't believe there are a lot of keyboard commands configured to the jet yet.  I'll have to check when I get a chance.

Johan,

My initial thoughts are one of three things:
1.  Controller confliction.  Do you have more than one stick/yoke or other controller connected to that computer?
2.  Incorrect FCS version.  Are you getting the infamous "FCS FAIL" in your HUD?  Make sure you do not have the 64-bit P3D FCS.dll installed.  For FSX you should have the 32 Bit version.
3.  As Pat indicated, check to make sure you have the latest C++ redistributable installed.

Hope this helps gents...

Jimi

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels

Johan

« Reply #221 on: July 25, 2018, 06:59:56 pm »
[Johan,

My initial thoughts are one of three things:
1.  Controller confliction.  Do you have more than one stick/yoke or other controller connected to that computer?
2.  Incorrect FCS version.  Are you getting the infamous "FCS FAIL" in your HUD?  Make sure you do not have the 64-bit P3D FCS.dll installed.  For FSX you should have the 32 Bit version.
3.  As Pat indicated, check to make sure you have the latest C++ redistributable installed.

Hope this helps gents...

Jimi
[/quote]

Thanks for your response
1- I have the Thrustmaster Warthog attached, no other controller.
2- The HornetFCS.dll is the 75KB one that I took from the Folder "FSX Specific Files". I don't have the "FCS FAIL" in my hud.
3- I will check on my C++ install

I noticed 2 "FCS" folders in the "FA-18C_FSXBA_BA_18.3.00" download. One is in "FA-18C_FSXBA_BA_18.3.00\Panel.Fleet" folder and the second one is in "FA-18C_FSXBA_BA_18.3.00\Panel.Fleet\Avionics" folder. They seem to have both the same content. Is this on purpose?

Thanks again for your help. Again, the plane works great on WIN10 but is "temperamental" on WIN7.

Johan

PhantomTweak

« Reply #222 on: July 25, 2018, 09:06:05 pm »
I noticed 2 "FCS" folders in the "FA-18C_FSXBA_BA_18.3.00" download. One is in "FA-18C_FSXBA_BA_18.3.00\Panel.Fleet" folder and the second one is in "FA-18C_FSXBA_BA_18.3.00\Panel.Fleet\Avionics" folder. They seem to have both the same content. Is this on purpose?
Looking at the Panel.cfg entries, the one that's used is the one in Panel.Fleet folder. The one in the Avionics folder isn't called at all that I can see. It may be a back-up, or a place to keep the .xml files that are being edited, before transferring them into the \Panel.Fleet\FCS folder. Or maybe the other way 'round. The ones being changed maybe are in the \Panel.Fleet\FCS folder, and the ones in the \Panel.Fleet\Avionics\FCS are an emergency back-up sort of thing.
I can take a look in my older version archives and see if the \Avionics\FCS folder is used in an older version, if you desire. I don't think it's a big deal though. Just ignore the one in the \Avionics\FCS folder. Forget it's even there  ;)

I don't have the "FCS FAIL" in my hud.
Then you are using the correct HornetFCS.dll file. Takes THAT possibility off the table :)

I'll be installing TacPac later today, and I can start testing to see if I can figure out your trouble. I have the same controller as you do, Johan, so I'll be able to test and see what's going on.
Did you download and install the proper driver for that controller off their website?
And once again, do you have the correct FSUIPC file in use? You need v4.974, unless Mr. Dowson has invented a new one lately. NOT the ones he has created for P3D.
The C++ version you need is the 2005 one, X86. The 32 bit version, although I have both installed. The 32 bit and the 64 bit.

Are you running both FSX and TacPac as Administrator?

Good luck! Let us know how it goes :D
Pat☺

Johan

« Reply #223 on: July 26, 2018, 12:51:56 am »
Thanks Pat, I will definitely let you know when I find out.

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #224 on: July 26, 2018, 11:17:58 am »
Johan,

Can you check in your FSX (Win7) settings, in the Controls/Axis tab and confirm that you do not have multiple things assigned to the X and Y axis? 

With the Warthog, I'd imagine that you have separate entries for both stick and throttle.  Use the pull down tab and select the flight stick and make sure that the aforementioned axis' are properly assigned. Then use the pull down tab and select the throttle, go back to the axis tab, and confirm that there are no assignments to the X and Y axis. 

I'd do the same for flaps as well.  Make sure the flaps are not assigned to any axis, but to switches, buttons or keys instead.

Hope this helps.

-Jimi

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels