FSDreamTeam forum
July 16, 2018, 05:27:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]
  Print  
Author Topic: FSXBA F/A-18C HORNET  (Read 25373 times)
PhantomTweak

« Reply #210 on: July 08, 2018, 07:37:14 PM »

Yeah, that's a problem I noticed as well. In the v17.3, you could punch in 57X for the Nimitz, for example, and it would have the correct frequency in the NAV1 radio. Now, you have to actually enter the correct frequency, not just the TACAN number.

A small detail. No big, once I figured it out.
Is this setup true-to-life? I have no idea. More research is needed, at least on my part.
If it is, I am sure they will just leave things as-is. If not, they'll correct it Cheesy

Enjoy!
Pat☺
jimi08

« Reply #211 on: July 09, 2018, 10:34:23 PM »

Gents,

I'll give it a look/ once I return home and get the chance.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1
PhantomTweak

« Reply #212 on: July 10, 2018, 08:20:09 AM »

Hi, Jimi!
Good to see ya, as always Cheesy

Take your time on this. Like I said, it's a small detail.
Another small detail: The CSEL line on the HSI, and the NAV line on the HUD (the little arrow line that points at the NAV1 source), go totally nuts when the NAV is set to a carrier, and you're within range of it. 99 miles I think is max range, isn't it?
The ILS system, the two line-up bars, works fine. The CSEL and NAV line work fine with airports. It's just with carriers they are all over the compass. It almost looks like they are going around in a circle, but if you watch them, they are randomly scanning through all headings.

I've looked at the HUD's xml files but I can't seem to see the trouble. What a surprise, huh?  Huh  Cheesy

One last thing: I've been getting a lot of requests for at least the install instructions in a Readme file included in the download files. I know, they're pretty self explanatory, but still...
Could you either add a Readme file, or make the whole thing into an auto-installer, like it used to be? Including the download/install of the C++ Redist file it needs? It would be a big help. Also, where to get the FA_18.dll. A lot of folks only have P3D, and have never had FSX.
Just a thought Smiley

Have fun! We'll see ya when you get back. No rush, though...
Pat☺
jimi08

« Reply #213 on: July 10, 2018, 10:08:04 AM »

Hey Pat!

Same here man.  Greetings from Norway lol.

I'll take a look at the instrumentation when i get back and will start including the autoinstaller.

Thanks again.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1
PhantomTweak

« Reply #214 on: July 10, 2018, 10:34:47 PM »

Hello again!

Update to CSEL arrow difficulty. If you select NAV2 on the HUD Control Panel, the CSEL and TACAN direction arrow on the HUD stop their wavering, but nothing points at the boat. And yes, I did have 112.00 entered in both the ILS and TACAN windows, and ILS selected on the HSI.

Also, after numerous attempts, if BCN is selected on the UFC buttons, no numbers appear on the scratchpad display, and no key-presses show up on the scratchpad. Thus, no way to select the beacon to use.

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, which as we all know is a very distinct possibility.  Cheesy

Good luck, and enjoy Norway! I'm still looking through the HUD and UFC xml's but so far, no luck.
A question real quick if I may: is there a difference between the paren symbol ( or ), and the bracket symbol { or }, in XML programming? I see some IF...ELSE statements have one symbol, some the other. Just curiosity, is all Smiley

Pat☺
jimi08

« Reply #215 on: July 11, 2018, 11:22:32 AM »

The CSEL issue might be a little more complicated to fix. I'll take a look at it and the BCN once I get back.

As for the parentheses and squiggly brackets, yes there is a difference. Squiggly brackets "{ }" are used to define "if" or "els" statements, while parentheses "( )" are sure for Vars (A: or E: ), LVars (L:) and Key events (K:)

Hope this helps

Jimi

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
PhantomTweak

« Reply #216 on: July 12, 2018, 06:29:43 AM »

The CSEL issue might be a little more complicated to fix. I'll take a look at it and the BCN once I get back.
No hurry  Wink
This is so much fun to fly, I'm in no hurry for anything. Of course, I'm too old and fat to hurry any way  Grin

As for the parentheses and squiggly brackets, yes there is a difference. Squiggly brackets "{ }" are used to define "if" or "els" statements, while parentheses "( )" are sure for Vars (A: or E: ), LVars (L:) and Key events (K:)

Hope this helps
Yup! That was exactly what I needed to know. Thank you!
If I not extremely careful, I learn something new every day. It's simply amazing to me...
 Shocked Grin

Thanks again Jimi! I appreciate all your hard work greatly. Just don't over-do and burn out!  Tongue
Pat☺
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]
  Print  

Jump to: