Author Topic: FSXBA F/A-18C HORNET  (Read 283099 times)

Ben Dudley(Razor)

• FSX Blue Angels
Re: FSXBA F/A-18C HORNET
« Reply #120 on: May 07, 2018, 09:33:13 pm »
Great job as usual Jimi, looks great.

Thank you Sir. Would like to see a VFA-106 repaint.

Regards,
Reggie

Hey Reggie, if you are looking for the one they used during their demo season last year it is in the pack, but as VFA-15 since that's the markings on the jet... If you are looking for a combat one though, you'll have to talk to the GLS guys.

FSX Blue Angels
Benjamin "Razor" Dudley

brunofer

« Reply #121 on: May 08, 2018, 11:37:53 pm »
Thank you for this new version 18.3 !
The only problem is about the course (CSEL) that doesn't work, with the ILS it's impossible to set the desired course in the HSI,  I mean : the digital readout changes in a strange way and also
during turns it change value (never seen this behaviour).

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #122 on: May 08, 2018, 11:50:56 pm »
The only problem is about the course (CSEL) that doesn't work, with the ILS it's impossible to set the desired course in the HSI,  I mean : the digital readout changes in a strange way and also

Good feedback!  I'll take a look once I get back home. Thanks again.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

PhantomTweak

« Reply #123 on: May 09, 2018, 08:46:29 am »
Well, I seem to have done SOMEthing wrong.

I DL'd and installed the v18.3, and I have the red FCS FAIL across my HUD.
No matter what I try.
I DID copy the FSX Specific files into the Panel.Fleet folder, as I presume one must. I tried copying the Hornet_FCS.dll from the 17.1.31 into the Panel.Fleet folder. I even got wild and crazy, and copied the FCS and Gauges folder from the 17.1.31. No luck.

Do I need to make an entry in my DLL.XML for the Hornet_FCS.dll, maybe?

I'm doing something wrong. Any help would be HUGELY appreciated. I know, I jumped a few versions. The v18.3 SEEMS to fly like a dream, but I'd feel a lot better if that derned FCS FAIL message would be gone!
Derned thing, dag nabbit!  :D
Pat☺

Razgriz

« Reply #124 on: May 09, 2018, 11:23:30 am »

No matter what I try.
I DID copy the FSX Specific files into the Panel.Fleet folder, as I presume one must. I tried copying the Hornet_FCS.dll from the 17.1.31 into the Panel.Fleet folder. I even got wild and crazy, and copied the FCS and Gauges folder from the 17.1.31. No luck.

I'm doing something wrong. Any help would be HUGELY appreciated. I know, I jumped a few versions. The v18.3 SEEMS to fly like a dream, but I'd feel a lot better if that derned FCS FAIL message would be gone!
Pat☺

As far as I remember, I didn't change a thing in the panel or anywhere else for this version. No FCS FAIL msg in P3Dv4.

brunofer

« Reply #125 on: May 09, 2018, 12:28:10 pm »

Good feedback!  I'll take a look once I get back home. Thanks again.

Ok, I've forgot to mention that my platform is FSX-Gold / Windows 7
64 bit    THANK you

PhantomTweak

« Reply #126 on: May 09, 2018, 09:17:21 pm »

No matter what I try.

Pat☺

As far as I remember, I didn't change a thing in the panel or anywhere else for this version. No FCS FAIL msg in P3Dv4.
Thanks Raz, but I have FSX:SE. That's why I copied the files from the FSX Specific folder over to the Panel.Fleet folder. I presumed they were necessary. I will try again with the unchanged Panel folder, though, and see what happens.
Thanks very much for the response, though!
Pat☺

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #127 on: May 09, 2018, 10:41:32 pm »
Pat,

Have you tried selecting different jets?  Are you getting the same thing for each one?

No special steps should be required. Especially if you've had any of the 18 series or the 17.3 jet working before. Check to make sure that the door file names jive between the actual file name and what's listed in the panel.config.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #128 on: May 09, 2018, 11:30:38 pm »
Great job as usual Jimi, looks great.

Thanks Razor!

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels

PhantomTweak

« Reply #129 on: May 10, 2018, 07:59:43 am »
Check to make sure that the door file names jive between the actual file name and what's listed in the panel.config.
I've never heard the term "door file" before, but I believe that it refers to the names before the ! in a gaugeXX= line.
I checked, and yes, they match. Even to the .xml files involved. The file name following the ! .

I don't have TacPac. Could that be the trouble?

I removed the v17.1.31 from the ...\Airplanes folder. I just cut-n-pasted it over to my C:\ drive. I'm going to put it back and ensure IT still works right now. Not a problem if there are duplicate airplane neames. THAT I can fix.

Have you tried selecting different jets?  Are you getting the same thing for each one?
IE: different jets in the 18.3? Strangely, no, I keep using the VF-25 CAG bird. I will try selecting several others at random, and see what happens.

Thanks for the quick response, Jimi. More to come asap. I will also verify the correct .NET is still installed and running, as required.

Pat☺

Late update:
Boy, now I've done it!
I copied my v17.1.31 back over, and now IT'S got the FCS FAIL message. It was working perfectly before I installed the v18.3 . I have NO idea where I went wrong.
I plan next to re-download both versions from page one of this thread, and re-install them one at a time.
I thought the v17.1.3 had an auto-installer, but the one I have doesn't. My memory doth sucketh...

As I said before, I'll also re-download and install the .NET Framework. I have a sick feeling it may have gotten corrupted, and may be my problem.

I WILL overcome!! You just wait and see :D
Pat☺
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 08:59:57 am by PhantomTweak »

lucame

« Reply #130 on: May 10, 2018, 03:26:11 pm »
Hi Pat,
I don't know if it can help but I had the same problem with the 18.2 version.
As Jimi told me I reinstalled the Visual C++ (×86) and everything started to work fine.

Even the new 18.3 flies like a juwel, without red messages.

Greetings from Switzerland.     Lucame

PhantomTweak

« Reply #131 on: May 10, 2018, 08:38:01 pm »
Hi, lucame, and thanks for the answer!
Just so you know, the C++ Redist is the file I meant I was going to re-install. I get the C++ Redist and the .NET Framework mixed up every time. My brain adamantly refuses to remember that the C++ is for the F/A-18's FCS, and the .NET Framework is for AICarriers.

I did DL and tried to re-install the C++, but it won't let me because a "newer version is installed and operating". I really don't want to uninstall all the other versions I have running, but we'll see what happens.

I also re-downloaded and re-installed the v17.1.31, and I will get in and test it as soon as I am able. About an hour from now :D
Pat☺

PhantomTweak

« Reply #132 on: May 11, 2018, 08:40:53 am »
As Jimi told me I reinstalled the Visual C++ (×86) and everything started to work fine
Well, I uninstalled, and reinstalled, the C++ Redist.
No help. I only have the v17.1.31 installed so far, and I still get the FCS FAIL message on the HUD.
However: Did you need to reboot after you reinstalled?
I didn't reboot after either step. Hmm...
Mayhap that's needed... ???

Pat☺

lucame

« Reply #133 on: May 11, 2018, 03:21:24 pm »
I just downloaded the 18.2 and the C++, let the autoinstaller run, copied and pasted the Hornet FCS.dll file (32bit) in the Panel.fleet folder,  started FSX and the plane was there without messages on the HUD.

Best wishes   Lucame

PhantomTweak

« Reply #134 on: May 12, 2018, 10:40:26 pm »
Ok, well, I've un-installed and then re-installed the C++ Redistributable 2015, and every version of the Hornet back to the v17.1.31.
No good.
Still have the friggen FCS FAIL on the HUD. I am going nuts. On every version I've re-installed I have the failure message.

A side note: I noticed on the v18.3 when I set the Course on the HUD Control Panel, Nav1, the readout on the left MPD HSI lower right corner, where it says CSEL, it doesn't match the HUD Control Panel's display. IE: I set 136 on the HCP, but the HSI reads 189. The ILS indication, IE Which way it points, the long ILS bar in the HSI with the middle line up bar, matches the HUD Control Panel's setting.

Have fun, gang. I'll get this yet, you wait and see!
Pat☺