Author Topic: FSXBA F/A-18C HORNET  (Read 282995 times)

Morti

Re: FSXBA F/A-18C HORNET
« Reply #75 on: April 06, 2018, 12:22:29 am »
Hi thanks for the Update to 8.2..

I noticed that for the FSX modifaction u state about moving files from panel 7.1.31 inot both panels in 8.2 ..but i'm only seening the one panel.fleet in that aircraft ..is this correct?

Gr8 work thanks you

Morti

cobrales

« Reply #76 on: April 06, 2018, 01:33:07 am »
Thanks Jimi

Looking forward to checking it out.
I haven’t flown in two months.
Fell and fractured my arm in two places and fractured my hip.
I’m now the proud owner of three titanium pins.

Les “cobrales “ Pearson
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 05:10:43 pm by cobrales »

PhantomTweak

« Reply #77 on: April 06, 2018, 07:16:47 am »
I’m now the proud owner of three titanium pins.
I know the feeling. I have a Titanium plate and screws in my right arm. Little old lady pulled out right in front of my bike. I got it layed down, but it was too late. Bike hit the car, and flipped me up-n-over. My thoughts were "I can FLY!", and when I saw the ground coming up "This is gonna HURT!". Boy was I right. Apparently I put my hands out to break my fall, but it broke my arm instead. Shattered the forearm, broke the head off the elbow, etc.
Now I get to set off metal detectors in airports. I can also tell when a radar is on within a certain range. Kinda handy, but painful...

Have fun! Great plane, no question.
Pat☺

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #78 on: April 06, 2018, 12:40:42 pm »
Thanks everyone for the good words, I'll be sure to pass them along!

Micpni/Morti,
Thanks for the feedback and I'll take a look at the coding when I get the chance. 

Thanks again everyone.

Jimi

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

Corvette99

« Reply #79 on: April 06, 2018, 06:19:28 pm »
Great job on the upgrade! Thanks for all the hard work !
I did notice a lot of my key assignments were not correct any more, namely wingfold, tailhook . IIn P3D shows shift w for wings and shift q for tailhook. shift q folded my wings on final and never found the hook. Luckily I unfolded quickly and my carrier landing became a touch and go . LOL
Is there a new controls map/list?
Please help.

PhantomTweak

« Reply #80 on: April 06, 2018, 08:51:17 pm »
...and never found the hook.
Did you try using the HOOK lever in the cockpit? Right side vertical panel, above the Cautions/Warnings panel? Hard to miss. Has a rectangular, red light above it to indicate it's down.
If it lowers the hook, go into you key assignments menu, and see if anything has changed it. Another add-on plane, an add-on gauge, or whatever, that you may not have noticed. Same for FSUIPC. If you have the payware version it can have this effect. Won't show in your key assignments menu, but it is in the FSUIPC information.
I don't have P3D, nor the payware version of FSUIPC, so I can't be more specific. Sorry about that.
Also, make sure you don't have any add-on program running alongside P3D that could capture that key assignment. A screen-cap program, a FBW add-on program, auto-trim, etc etc. Worth taking a look, anyway.

Hope something in all my babbling helps a little...
Pat☺

Corvette99

« Reply #81 on: April 06, 2018, 09:14:40 pm »
Don't know why but,
water rudder is eject,
wing fold is refueling probe, and
tail hook is wing fold on my system .
I guess I have problems some where . I'll keep digging around.
The D ported over works perfect, so I'll keep looking.
And the hook handle folds the wings, although it says the hook went down. FYI the previous version also still works perfectly, just no MFD

« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 07:48:25 pm by Corvette99 »

Morti

« Reply #82 on: April 07, 2018, 10:47:10 pm »
Don't know why but,
water rudder is eject,
And the hook handle folds the wings, although it says the hook went down. FYI the previous version also still works perfectly, just no MFD

Wow didn't know about ejection modelled!

Corvette99

« Reply #83 on: April 08, 2018, 01:17:00 am »
Don't know why but,
water rudder is eject,

Wow didn't know about ejection modelled!

Great animation too. First canopy then the seat ! Looked great except I was downwind for the boat ! LOL

Creepy847

« Reply #84 on: April 08, 2018, 02:51:31 pm »
Hi Jim thx for the update.  I noticed a visual model issue if you pan around and look directly at your 6 oclock in the vc you will see that air-brake is not properly seated along the fuselage of the ac.  It extends and retracts but does not seat fully in its stored position.

Other than that I have another issue but I need to look at the closer and see if its my side only.

Thank for your hard work.

lowery

• Roger Lowery
« Reply #85 on: April 09, 2018, 08:44:57 am »
Hi Guys,
I'm old and grey, going on 80, and my greatest pleasure is flying beautiful aircraft in (now) P3Dv4.2. I have been following your development of the Hornet very closely; not only do I love this bird - I managed to get several hours on her in my previous life as an RAAF fighter pilot - but I greatly admire the time and effort your team has put into this freeware development. It is a great credit to you all!
You do such a good job that normally I would not raise a small issue, but this one is somewhat obscure and a lot of fltsim pilots might not pick it up quickly enough.
The aileron trim in the FA-18C_FSXBA_BA_18.2.22 version is reversed. After checking my CH controls for the correct key assignments, I tested this against a number of other aircraft and confirmed it. I checked the Air and CFG files for an easy fix but couldn't find one so I must leave that to your expertise.
You have my greatest admiration,
Roger Lowery

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #86 on: April 09, 2018, 11:56:45 pm »
All,

Thanks for the good words and the feedback!  Here is some feedback on your feedback.  I'll be out of town for the next couple of weeks, so it might take a little bit of time to get some of these fixes done.

I did notice a lot of my key assignments were not correct any more, namely wingfold, tailhook . IIn P3D shows shift w for wings and shift q for tailhook. shift q folded my wings on final and never found the hook. Luckily I unfolded quickly and my carrier landing became a touch and go . LOL

Corvette,
No, no new assignments Sir..  I did a quick run-through of cycling the hook, wingsfold, launchbar and refueling probe.  All worked as designed with both mouse clicking the switch/levers in the VC and through key commands.  I might be your setup.  Let me know if you figure out what the issue is.

I noticed a visual model issue if you pan around and look directly at your 6 oclock in the vc you will see that air-brake is not properly seated along the fuselage of the ac.  It extends and retracts but does not seat fully in its stored position.

Hey Creeps,

Keen eye! Pretty sure that has to do with the way the payload drag effect is coded and implemented.  Since it was built into the 3D model, not sure if I'll be able to fix that anytime soon.  I'll ask Corrado if he can do me a solid and check it out.

The aileron trim in the FA-18C_FSXBA_BA_18.2.22 version is reversed. After checking my CH controls for the correct key assignments, I tested this against a number of other aircraft and confirmed it. I checked the Air and CFG files for an easy fix but couldn't find one so I must leave that to your expertise.

Mr. Lowery,

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback and thanks for the compliments.  You're right, this probably would have gone unnoticed for a while.  Good catch.  Pretty sure this fix is an easy one and can be done in the .air file.  If not, I'll talk to Orion when I get the chance.

Thanks again and thanks for your service.

Thanks again everyone,

Jimi

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

Corvette99

« Reply #87 on: April 11, 2018, 03:10:08 pm »

Corvette,
No, no new assignments Sir..  I did a quick run-through of cycling the hook, wingsfold, launchbar and refueling probe.  All worked as designed with both mouse clicking the switch/levers in the VC and through key commands.  I might be your setup.  Let me know if you figure out what the issue is.

Thanks anyway Jimi.
Great plane though ! Hope to get the keys assigned soon

marte21

« Reply #88 on: April 12, 2018, 10:19:56 am »
Have you ever thought about integrating SSW ACMI, that it is a complete and free weapons system, able also to simulate SAMs, AAA, control ships, etc ( http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/109523-vACMI-almost-for-all)  in the hornet?

Thank you!

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #89 on: April 12, 2018, 02:24:19 pm »
Have you ever thought about integrating SSW ACMI, that it is a complete and free weapons system, able also to simulate SAMs, AAA, control ships, etc ( http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/109523-vACMI-almost-for-all)  in the hornet?

Thank you!

No I haven't, first time hearing about this program. I'll take a look at it once I get back home.  Thanks!

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels