FSDreamTeam forum
November 20, 2017, 10:39:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: FSXBA F/A-18C HORNET  (Read 2645 times)
PhantomTweak

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2017, 07:38:53 AM »

I don't have time this second to run through the Sound.cfg file settings you need to change, but I'll do a write-up tomorow morning PDT, if that's OK.

As to the G situation: It's not this plane, it's integral (big word for the day Cheesy ) to FSX. You'll get the same G effects whatever plane you're in. Give it a try in one of Dino's plane's if you don't believe me, or a WWII fighter, like the SOH F7F-3. You pull 5 G in any plane, you're going to black out. Nothing to be done about it, as far as I know, since Microsoft no longer supports FSX. You'll just have to keep and eye on the G meter displayed in the HUD, and if it get's much above 4, relax your pull a little.
Realistic? No, not really, especially in planes like the F-16, with it's laid-back seat, and these days of pilots being in much better shape than WWII, when they thought a pilots worth lay in how much he could drink, AND how many he shot down. But it's the way the sim is, live with it or not, it's up to you. I do, because I've learned to just relax a little, or just wait for the black to fade out. It's not a perfect solution, but it's the best I can offer. But it's not just the FSX BA plane.
A small trick with FSX BA F/A-18 you can try is to call up SHFT-8, and try using the info it provides to fly the plane with, until the black fades out. With Dino's planes, you can call up an PFD as a pop-up, and I think it'll stay even if you G-LOC, so you can fly with it. I'll double check tonight to let you know.

Hope this helps a little. I'll put the Sound.cfg up tomorrow if you want.
Pat☺

EDIT: Ok, I checked Dino's F-14, and I was right. You can pop-up a PFD, actually an MFD with a PFD displayed on it, and if/when you G-LOC, or at least simulated G-LOC, you can fly the plane with it. It stays displayed normally, even when the rest blanks with the G effect. I'll wager his T-45 has the same thing. One thing about the PFD, though: It displays the horizon a bit higher than it should. Doesn't match the HUD exactly. You need to put the waterline on it about 1 below the horizon to get a 0 vertical speed.
Thought you might like to know.
If you wanted, you could probably make a similar set-up in the Hornet. Just make an MFD a pop-up in the 2D panel, set it as a HUD repeater or PFD and then pull all the G you want. The plane can take more than you can Cheesy
Just don't fold the wings up. Makes ejection a triffle tough...
Pat☺
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 08:34:51 AM by PhantomTweak » Logged
armenius

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2017, 08:04:45 PM »

Thank you for the info, whenever you have time to write up that sound.cfg mod will be fine. When you said the G-effect is integral to FSX..I had a moment! I never experienced this with other jets in my fleet. But, I recently built a high end system and upgraded my SP2 FSX to Acceleration. I have been doing mostly air base design work with some test flying..solely using this F-18. Looked in my FSX settings/realism, and there it was in special effects..G-effects. De-selected it and went out and did some 7.5 G maneuvers..Sweet. Issue solved.
PhantomTweak

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2017, 08:54:19 PM »

Well, I am glad you got the G effect sorted! I never thought about turning it off. I was thinking in terms of changing the values Smiley

As to the Sound.cfg: I'm afraid real life is getting in the way right at the moment. I'll write it up just as soon as I can. Maybe tonight, or tomorrow AM. My lovely wife and her honey-do's come first Cheesy

Enjoy! I sure do Cheesy
Pat☺
AvgeekJoe

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2017, 10:27:49 PM »

jimi08, I'm working closely with Haze Gray Studios in developing Fleet Traffic:  US Navy.  We're just about ready to release into the world having the modern US Navy fleet in FSX & P3D.  OK to please use your Hornet in our promo video?

Joe A. Kunzler
growlernoise@gmail.com
Azframer

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2017, 11:40:35 PM »

jimi08, I'm working closely with Haze Gray Studios in developing Fleet Traffic:  US Navy.  We're just about ready to release into the world having the modern US Navy fleet in FSX & P3D.  OK to please use your Hornet in our promo video?

Joe A. Kunzler
growlernoise@gmail.com
My bet he is not going to have a problem with it. Is it freeware or payware?
jimi08

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2017, 04:17:59 AM »

Joe,

Awesome and permission granted!  Good luck with your product!

Joe A. Kunzler
growlernoise@gmail.com
My bet he is not going to have a problem with it. Is it freeware or payware?

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1
PhantomTweak

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2017, 09:13:33 PM »

OK. A quick How-to on changing how the sounds "appear" in the cockpit, vice the outside view.
I apologize if anything is over-explained, or stuff you already know, but better too much info than not enough.

First, always, ALWAYS make a back-up of ANY file you're going to edit BEFORE you start. This is vital, in case things go totally south, so you can return things to a starting point. Make another back-up for every time you change something, so you don't have to start over from a point long behind you.
Second, ONLY open .cfg files with NotePad, included with Windows. Other word processors add symbols to the files which make them useless to the sim.

Go to the \sound folder of the plane you want to change. Like D:\steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\FA-18C_FSXBA_BA_17.1.31\sound , just for example. Open the sound.cfg file. Here's where it get's complicated, although not too much.

Look down through the file for the kind of sound you want to change. You specified the jet whine, so in this case, look down through the various sections for things like this: [whine_12]
Under that heading, look for a line that reads: viewpoint=1 Note the number 1. This indicates "inside the cockpit" type of view point.
Once you've found a section with those two conditions met, look for the line in that section:
vparams=0.00,0.00,0.21,0.00,0.27,17.00,0.35,18.00,0.40,7.00,0.50,0.00,1.00,0.00,1.00,0.00

This line is made up of 5 pairs of values. The first in each pair is the point in the variable's range and the second is the relative sound volume.
The second value is a percentage. Anything over 1.0, or 100% is read as a 1, again, 100%. Can't go higher than that. Change the second value of each pair up by a certain amount. Say .05 or there-abouts. Only change ONE vparams line at a time, so you can keep track of the changes you've made.

NOTE: you can play the sound the sound.cfg calls out to see if is what you might want. In this case, the file called for in the specified section is filename=x_whine_12  . Just look in the \Sound folder for that file, and double click on it. Windows will play the sound file with that name for you, so you can hear it. Handy to preview a sound file to see if it's the one you want.

Save the file off, reload the plane, and test to see how it sounds to you. You can close the file, or leave it open for editing, as long as you make certain it gets saved off.
A good way to reload the plane is to assign a key to "Reload User Aircraft".
NOTE: If you are going to use this key assignment, you need to make sure ALL AI traffic sliders are full left, or zero percent. If there are AI craft present in the world, whether aircraft, boats, cars, whatever, it can have haphazard, unpredictable effects on the reloading of your aircraft.
Another way is to select another aircraft from the normal pull-down menu. Not just another paint of the same plane, but a totally different aircraft. Like go from the F/A-18 to a Cessna 175, and then back again.
Finally, you can also select End Flight, let it exit out to the Free Flight screen, and then back in again.

This takes a little time to accomplish, but it will achieve the desired results.
Sorry I took so long to get it posted. Real life interferes...

Good luck, and enjoy!
Pat☺
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: