Author Topic: FSXBA F/A-18C HORNET  (Read 283021 times)

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
Re: FSXBA F/A-18C HORNET
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2018, 12:08:28 am »
Gents,

Just a quick update on things....  Been making some good progress over the last few weeks with P3D compatible Avionics for the Hornet.  List of accomplishments to date:

-All Top-level DDI pages that were working before are working now with the exception of the ACL page

-UFC is complete and functional so you can tune COMS & NAV radios and operate the autopilot

-Various inop indicators have been fixed such as the flaps and AOA Indexer lights

Good progress, but still a ways to go.  Still have a lot to figure out with RADARs and all of the map functionality of the HSI.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

Valhalla

« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2018, 06:57:38 am »
Thank you for the update. I appreciate your efforts, and look forward to flying in P3Dv4.

mirza001

« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2018, 07:42:55 pm »
Excellent, looking forward to update release.

herorok

« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2018, 01:15:53 pm »
p3d looking

let's work hard

Victory103

« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2018, 07:59:50 pm »
Nice update and look at that A2G radar sweep!
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2018, 02:13:17 am »
p3d looking

let's work hard

I'm working it man.  I've made some pretty good progress over the last few weeks.  
Still got work to do on the RADAR and HSI pages and some bugs to work out with a few of the pages such as the HUD and ADI though.  Then comes the TACPACK re-integration stuff!

« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 02:19:58 am by jimi08 »

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2018, 12:27:46 am »
Gents,

I figured I'd drop off what I have now before heading out of town for the week.  Good or bad, I figured it's still a lot better version of the jet than what's available on P3Dv4 currently.  Please keep in mind that THIS IS STILL A WORK IN PROGRESS... but as usual, I'm always open for comments, discoveries, recommendations and feedback.

The download link can be found at: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,16514.0.html under LATEST P3Dv4 WORK IN PROGRESS (WIP) DOWNLOAD LINK:

Make sure to take a gander at the notes I've left on that post before you take her out.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels

Creepy847

« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2018, 06:10:11 am »
Just wanted to drop in and say hello and thank you for developing this ac.  I think this might be my personal favorite.  If you need any help please let me know. I am not a coder or developer just another simmer who has a passion for this study and plenty of time to help out.

Looking forward to more updates.

R/S
Creeps.

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2018, 12:43:53 pm »
Thanks Creeps and welcome to the forums here. Also wanted to say thanks again for your help and contributions.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels

PhantomTweak

« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2018, 07:34:22 am »
Thanks for the update, Jimi!
I don't have P3D, of any flavor, but for those that do, it's looking great!

This new, improved, P3Dv4 version isn't backwards compatible, is it? Even if I have a 64-bit OS? I wouldn't think so, but hey, doesn't hurt to ask :D

Pat☺

fsafranek

• Mirage Aircraft for Flight Simulator
« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2018, 12:52:39 am »
Hi.  I've been doing some work with the guys at the Royale French Navy for the next version of their P3Dv4 compatible RFN Carrier gauge.  One of the guys has been using the FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet (Version 18.1.00) for testing after getting FCS FAIL at trap asked me to pass along a couple comments.  I'm not sure how much they effect things but here they are.

In the aircraft.cfg file he thinks the top section with all of the names (down to line 91 (archi)) should begin with // to comment them out.

And also that the "atc_id=Hobo 000" should have no space => Hobo000 in the [fltsim.0] and [fltsim.1] sections.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 12:54:22 am by fsafranek »

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2018, 01:26:50 pm »
Hi.  I've been doing some work with the guys at the Royale French Navy for the next version of their P3Dv4 compatible RFN Carrier gauge.  One of the guys has been using the FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet (Version 18.1.00) for testing after getting FCS FAIL at trap asked me to pass along a couple comments.  I'm not sure how much they effect things but here they are.

In the aircraft.cfg file he thinks the top section with all of the names (down to line 91 (archi)) should begin with // to comment them out.

And also that the "atc_id=Hobo 000" should have no space => Hobo000 in the [fltsim.0] and [fltsim.1] sections.

Thanks.

For the FCS fail, he needs to take the files located in the folder called "For P3D" or "for 64 bit" or something like that. It's located in the panel.fleet folder. Take the two files and place them in the main Gauges folder located in the main P3D folder.

As for the Hobo deal, your friend is correct. P3D doesn't like spaces for ATC IDs.

Hope this helps

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels

Keeno

« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2018, 03:38:38 am »
Hi Jimi, and fellow F18 fans, first of all I'd like to say outstanding work on this project, and I also follow creepy847 on you tube for his F18 series videos (Keyser Soze in the comments of his video's)

A couple of questions pertaining to the 18.1 build if I may?

1. How can I add other liveries from the previous builds, other than the current 3 red and white prototype skins ( I love the fleet, and aggressor ones)

2. My virtual view doesn't show the pylons like the pictures, when I rotate around to see, all I see is a small portion of the leading edge and end portion of the wing, before the seat blocks my view, pretty sure I should be able to see the inner pylons.

Thanks guys.

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2018, 08:25:59 pm »
Hi Jimi, and fellow F18 fans, first of all I'd like to say outstanding work on this project, and I also follow creepy847 on you tube for his F18 series videos (Keyser Soze in the comments of his video's)

A couple of questions pertaining to the 18.1 build if I may?

1. How can I add other liveries from the previous builds, other than the current 3 red and white prototype skins ( I love the fleet, and aggressor ones)

2. My virtual view doesn't show the pylons like the pictures, when I rotate around to see, all I see is a small portion of the leading edge and end portion of the wing, before the seat blocks my view, pretty sure I should be able to see the inner pylons.

Thanks guys.

Keeno,

For the the liveries, you can add the ones from the 17.1 model. There are a few how to videos on YouTube/Google on how to do this.

For the views, I used TrackIR while taking the shots which allows for for shots outside of the static head position. You can change the default view point in the aircraft.cfg under "eyepoint". You will need to move it forward.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels

Keeno

« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2018, 08:31:37 am »
Thanks Jimi, got it working.