Author Topic: FSXBA F/A-18C HORNET  (Read 282954 times)

Blue Angels

Re: FSXBA F/A-18C HORNET
« Reply #330 on: October 01, 2018, 10:18:54 pm »
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet ver. 18.4 (FSX) only has the Proto Type and Test version does it also come with the textures for the Blue Angels and the US Navy and Marine Corps Textures too and where can you find a texture pack for this aircraft

PhantomTweak

« Reply #331 on: October 02, 2018, 08:26:59 am »
It comes with the Navy and Marine Corps squadron textures it had before. It just doesn't have the "foreign" textures included any more.
Do you have the little box down at the bottom of the aircraft select screen that says SHOW ALL VARIATIONS checked?
If you do have that box checked, can't get the different textures to show, and STILL can't get the TACAN to work, can I suggest deleting it entirely, and re-installing it?

Just a thought...
Pat☺

Blue Angels

« Reply #332 on: October 03, 2018, 05:34:32 pm »
The FA/18C Hornet v18.4 only has the two texture the prototype and the test version why are the others not with this version of the F/A18C Hornet v18.4

Blue Angels

« Reply #333 on: October 03, 2018, 06:21:28 pm »
 FSXBA_F/A-18C_HORNET_v18.5.6 do you have an image of what the aircraft will look like along with the textures that will come with it

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #334 on: October 03, 2018, 07:06:36 pm »
The FA/18C Hornet v18.4 only has the two texture the prototype and the test version why are the others not with this version of the F/A18C Hornet v18.4

It comes with the Navy and Marine Corps squadron textures it had before. It just doesn't have the "foreign" textures included any more.
Do you have the little box down at the bottom of the aircraft select screen that says SHOW ALL VARIATIONS checked?
If you do have that box checked, can't get the different textures to show, and STILL can't get the TACAN to work, can I suggest deleting it entirely, and re-installing it?

Just a thought...
Pat☺

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

Ah-Menace

« Reply #335 on: October 04, 2018, 01:50:28 am »
Jimi,
Hey bro can u email me ur panel folder?

Blue Angels

« Reply #336 on: October 04, 2018, 06:39:32 pm »
Where can you get additional textures for the FSXBA F/A-18C HORNET v18.4.5

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #337 on: October 04, 2018, 07:02:02 pm »
Jimi,
Hey bro can u email me ur panel folder?

I'll have to zip up what I have and upload.  I'll post once I have the chance..

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #338 on: October 04, 2018, 07:16:17 pm »
Where can you get additional textures for the FSXBA F/A-18C HORNET v18.4.5

By default, all of the textures shown below come with all of the official releases of the 2018 FSX F/A-18C Hornet (v18.4 and below)

Should be close to 90 textures in all.  Unless provided in subsequent releases (which, at this point, I don't see us doing) that's all we will be providing.  Any additional textures will be through individual contributions of the sim community or through creations by yourself.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels

Blue Angels

« Reply #339 on: October 04, 2018, 07:46:41 pm »
Nice textures does it have Blue Angels 1-6 and can you do a Blue Angel Show in Flight Simulator X using the FSXBA F/A-18C HORNET v.18.4.5 using the blue angels textures and have the aircraft in the Blue Angel Diamond and doing the maneuver's that the real blue Angel Solo Pilots do at a Blue Angel Airshow

jagl04

« Reply #340 on: October 04, 2018, 08:59:24 pm »
Josh,

Thanks for taking the time to test and more importantly, taking the time to type up your observations.

-RDR screen does not shown any AI on the display (does show aircraft in MP). Tried this by attempting to lock on to the BQM-74 Drone that TP comes with. The HUD locked on fine with AIM-120s (but didnt show the circle where it shows the closure distance and best time to shoot if that makes sense. I dont know the name of that feature.)

Just tested and I'm able to get contacts still.  What was your configuration during this observation?  Did you have the AA or AG MasterMode selected?

-When using TUP and TDN buttons on the RDR screen, and multiple objects are displayed, it seems like it doesnt scroll back to the first object selected, and I have to use the reverse button of whatever I was pressing, in order to scroll back the objects on screen. For example, lets say I was pressing the TUP button scrolling through 5 objects on the display. After the last object is selected in red, and I continue pressing TUP, it never returns back to the first object, and however many times I continue clicking TUP is the amount of times i would have to click TDN in order for it to start selecting the objects being tracked again.
Known and documented issue.  The coding is a little funky on this, but I'll figure it out and will fix it (eventually).  Meanwhile, the TDN button works, or if you want to immediately start from the beginning, you can use the RST button.

-AIM-9s lock on, but when hud loses track of object that was locked onto, Tone sound will stay high-pitched, and the low-pitch tone will come back on so they are both simultaneously on. the 'LOCK' light in the top right of the cockpit will also stay on, if it is no longer locked.
Copy, will working on getting this fixed.

-Suface Radar, where it paints terrain, sometimes will remain blank. Cant figure out how to temp fix this issue.
This is a new one.  Need more specifics on the conditions that created this.

-Stores display allows user to choose Guns, while another weapon is still selected on the display. This is reflected on the HUD where it shows functions and symbols overlapping of both Gun Reticle and whatever other weapon is selected.
Yes, guns are allowed to be used in conjunction with other weapons (as designed).  Copy all on the HUD display.  I'll fix it.  Too easy!

At night, all panels and buttons will be lit up, and its very hard to distinguish if a button is selected, or if flaps are half/full, if gear is down or up, etc... because they are all lit up like the LT Test switch is flicked on.
That's a Texture issue.  Seeing that I'm not a texture guru, I will need to find a volunteer to fix this one, so it might be a while.

-Jimi

First of all, thanks for all the great work.

I have the same problem with the Radar to detect AI traffic. Ground and sea traffic sometimes appear, sometimes not. Air traffic does not appear. If I create a tanker with Tacpack, the tanker appears one second in the radar, and then dissapears, with the tanker just in front of me.

LAU 10 and LAU 68 are most of the times I load them unusable: the counter appears as "0" even though I load them on land and they appear in the weapons screen

I suppose that I will need a functional AG radar to send Mavericks to their targats. ¿Is that right?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 09:01:48 pm by jagl04 »

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #341 on: October 04, 2018, 09:28:04 pm »
Nice textures does it have Blue Angels 1-6

Again, yes, Blue Angels textures 1-6 are included.  Again, when you got to aircraft select to select your aircraft, make sure that the box labeled "Show All Variations" is checked.  Provided that you haven't manually removed any of the textures from your FSXBA F/A-18C aircraft folder, you should see all of the variants listed in the previous post.

Can you do a Blue Angel Show in Flight Simulator X using the FSXBA F/A-18C HORNET v.18.4.5 using the blue angels textures and have the aircraft in the Blue Angel Diamond and doing the maneuver's that the real blue Angel Solo Pilots do at a Blue Angel Airshow

Check this website out: http://www.fsxblueangels.com/

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #342 on: October 05, 2018, 12:59:55 am »

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels

Blue Angels

« Reply #343 on: October 05, 2018, 03:56:19 pm »
Does the FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet 18.4.131 come with all of the Fleet and Marine Textures as well as the Blue Angels and how detailed is this one from the previous versions of this same plane and it terms of the gauges and head-up display how detailed are they and how does this plane handle on carrier landings and takeoffs.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 02:04:51 pm by Blue Angels »

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #344 on: October 06, 2018, 12:39:09 am »
Josh,

Thanks for taking the time to test and more importantly, taking the time to type up your observations.

-RDR screen does not shown any AI on the display (does show aircraft in MP). Tried this by attempting to lock on to the BQM-74 Drone that TP comes with. The HUD locked on fine with AIM-120s (but didnt show the circle where it shows the closure distance and best time to shoot if that makes sense. I dont know the name of that feature.)

Just tested and I'm able to get contacts still.  What was your configuration during this observation?  Did you have the AA or AG MasterMode selected?

-When using TUP and TDN buttons on the RDR screen, and multiple objects are displayed, it seems like it doesnt scroll back to the first object selected, and I have to use the reverse button of whatever I was pressing, in order to scroll back the objects on screen. For example, lets say I was pressing the TUP button scrolling through 5 objects on the display. After the last object is selected in red, and I continue pressing TUP, it never returns back to the first object, and however many times I continue clicking TUP is the amount of times i would have to click TDN in order for it to start selecting the objects being tracked again.
Known and documented issue.  The coding is a little funky on this, but I'll figure it out and will fix it (eventually).  Meanwhile, the TDN button works, or if you want to immediately start from the beginning, you can use the RST button.

-AIM-9s lock on, but when hud loses track of object that was locked onto, Tone sound will stay high-pitched, and the low-pitch tone will come back on so they are both simultaneously on. the 'LOCK' light in the top right of the cockpit will also stay on, if it is no longer locked.
Copy, will working on getting this fixed.

-Suface Radar, where it paints terrain, sometimes will remain blank. Cant figure out how to temp fix this issue.
This is a new one.  Need more specifics on the conditions that created this.

-Stores display allows user to choose Guns, while another weapon is still selected on the display. This is reflected on the HUD where it shows functions and symbols overlapping of both Gun Reticle and whatever other weapon is selected.
Yes, guns are allowed to be used in conjunction with other weapons (as designed).  Copy all on the HUD display.  I'll fix it.  Too easy!

At night, all panels and buttons will be lit up, and its very hard to distinguish if a button is selected, or if flaps are half/full, if gear is down or up, etc... because they are all lit up like the LT Test switch is flicked on.
That's a Texture issue.  Seeing that I'm not a texture guru, I will need to find a volunteer to fix this one, so it might be a while.

-Jimi

First of all, thanks for all the great work.

I have the same problem with the Radar to detect AI traffic. Ground and sea traffic sometimes appear, sometimes not. Air traffic does not appear. If I create a tanker with Tacpack, the tanker appears one second in the radar, and then dissapears, with the tanker just in front of me.

LAU 10 and LAU 68 are most of the times I load them unusable: the counter appears as "0" even though I load them on land and they appear in the weapons screen

I suppose that I will need a functional AG radar to send Mavericks to their targats. ¿Is that right?

Very interesting.  I'll take a look when I have a chance.  Meanwhile, I recommend download the version at the link that i've provided a few posts above.  Thanks.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels