Author Topic: FSXBA F/A-18C HORNET  (Read 286389 times)

PhantomTweak

Re: FSXBA F/A-18C HORNET
« Reply #315 on: September 27, 2018, 08:06:26 am »
By "turn the TACAN radio on" do you mean you select TCN with the button down at the bottom of the UFC? When you do, you see "--OTT", did you mean OFF?
If so, you need to go the button at the bottom of the HSI, far right, that says ON/OFF, and press it. If it the first use since you started the flight, you may need to press that button twice to get the indication on the Scratchpad to change to ON.
You need to do the same with all the radio's buttons on the bottom of the UFC. Like the ILS radio. Select the ILS button, the select the ON/OFF button far right.
Once the scratchpad indicates ON the radio is functional, if it's in-range to receive the chosen ILS or TCN.

Does this help at all?
Pat☺

Blue Angels

« Reply #316 on: September 27, 2018, 02:12:28 pm »
They should do a FSXBA F/A-18C HORNET v.18.3.00.FSX with just the Blue Angels textures alone and not the other textures that come with the current one

Blue Angels

« Reply #317 on: September 27, 2018, 02:19:56 pm »
The new version of the FSXBA F/A-18C HORNET should have contained just the Blue Angels Textures alone and not the ones that comes with the current version on this website when will a current version of the FSXBA F/A-18C HORNET be available for download containing just the Blue Angels Textures alone and not the ones that come with the current one

Blue Angels

« Reply #318 on: September 27, 2018, 07:25:18 pm »
FSXBA F/A-18C HORNET 18.3.00 is really impressive especially with the Blue Angels textures and the other textures from current US Navy and Marine Squadrons and the Carrier Trap sounds are really awesome can't wait to fly it in FSX.

PhantomTweak

« Reply #319 on: September 28, 2018, 07:19:06 am »
The new version of the FSXBA F/A-18C HORNET should have contained just the Blue Angels Textures alone and not the ones that comes with the current version on this website when will a current version of the FSXBA F/A-18C HORNET be available for download containing just the Blue Angels Textures alone and not the ones that come with the current one
Easy enough. Just go into the Hornet's folder and delete the texture folders you do NOT want included. Just make certain not to delete the folder Texture, as they ALL need it. You can also get into the aircraft.cfg file and either delete, or, the long, hard way, comment out, all the [fltsim.XX] entries you don't want to be included. Do either or both of these things, and bingo! Only the textures you want to have.

FSXBA F/A-18C HORNET 18.3.00 is really impressive especially with the Blue Angels textures and the other textures from current US Navy and Marine Squadrons and the Carrier Trap sounds are really awesome can't wait to fly it in FSX.
It flies great in FSX, and/or FSX:SE. Just so you know.
If you haven't flown it in FSX, BTW, how do you KNOW what the carrier trap sound sounds like? Just curious...
Pat☺
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 07:21:22 am by PhantomTweak »

Blue Angels

« Reply #320 on: September 28, 2018, 02:48:31 pm »
When will a  FSXBA F/A-18C HORNET 18.5.00 be available on this site to download with the current fleet squadron textures and the current blue angels for the 2018-2019 season for FSX.

Blue Angels

« Reply #321 on: September 28, 2018, 02:54:11 pm »
The FA-18C_FSXBA_BA_18.3.00.FSX looks truly awesome with the Blue Angel repaints and the fleet repaints and with the TacPack it will be a fun aircraft to fly in FSX Acceleration. I am truly excited to fly this spectacular airplane and I want to thank the fsdreamteam for making such a spectacular airplane and it will be a true pleasure to fly both the Blue Angels and the Fleet aircraft too and I really don't want to use just the Blue Angels alone but all of the textures that come with this airplane and truly experience the beauty of the  FSXBA F/A-18C HORNET and find out why the Blue Angels consider this the best plane that they ever flown

Blue Angels

« Reply #322 on: September 28, 2018, 03:05:02 pm »
How do you fly in the Blue Angel Diamond Formation using the Blue Angel textures for the FA-18C_FSXBA_BA_18.3.00.FSX so you can do an actual Blue Angel show in FSX Acceleration including the solo pilots maneuvers done in the real Blue Angel Airshows. I would really love fly an actual Blue Angel Airshow in FSX Acceleration including the actual radio communications like the real pilots do in the Blue Angels

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #323 on: September 28, 2018, 10:36:40 pm »
How do you fly in the Blue Angel Diamond Formation using the Blue Angel textures for the FA-18C_FSXBA_BA_18.3.00.FSX so you can do an actual Blue Angel show in FSX Acceleration including the solo pilots maneuvers done in the real Blue Angel Airshows. I would really love fly an actual Blue Angel Airshow in FSX Acceleration including the actual radio communications like the real pilots do in the Blue Angels

[ Invalid YouTube link ]fsx+fleet+week

courtesy of Micro

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

Johan

« Reply #324 on: September 29, 2018, 05:41:01 pm »
Johan,

Can you check in your FSX (Win7) settings, in the Controls/Axis tab and confirm that you do not have multiple things assigned to the X and Y axis? 

With the Warthog, I'd imagine that you have separate entries for both stick and throttle.  Use the pull down tab and select the flight stick and make sure that the aforementioned axis' are properly assigned. Then use the pull down tab and select the throttle, go back to the axis tab, and confirm that there are no assignments to the X and Y axis. 

I'd do the same for flaps as well.  Make sure the flaps are not assigned to any axis, but to switches, buttons or keys instead.

Hope this helps.

-Jimi

Hi Jimi,

Thanks for your response and yes, you make an excellent point. The TM Warthog is driven by FSUIPC coding, so I need to make sure in the FSX settings that the check box for the stick is unchecked. I might have inadvertently checked it back on with a Ctrl + K (joystick on/off). That would explain the erratic behavior of the plane. I am going back home next weekend and will let you know if this was the problem.
Thank you again,

Johan

Hi Jimi,

I still have the same problem, even with the new version you released 2 days ago for FSX (which is my simulator). Elevators and tail are "flapping" once the bird is in the air. They work fine when the plane is on the ground. The stick and throttle are checked off in my Controls menu, as FSUIPC is controlling the plane. All my other planes behave correctly with the same setup. The plane flies well on my other machine (WIN10) but not on my old system (WIN7). I wonder if other simmers have encountered the same issue with WIN7...
Thanks for all the good work though, I will not give up...:)

Johan

PhantomTweak

« Reply #325 on: September 29, 2018, 09:09:16 pm »
Johan,
Is it possible that it's related somehow to the way you FSUIPC is running the controls? Have you tried just letting FSUIPC do the minimal changing of the control inputs? Like if it were the non-payware version of FSUIPC?

Just a thought. I get so very few any more...
Pat☺

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #326 on: September 30, 2018, 06:20:03 am »
Jimi,
 I start off on runway,I turn on the TCN radio and select TCN on HSI and --OTT appears and stays. I type in frequencies,press enter and it flashes and and nothing changes but if I change into the Blues and change back into the Fleet,the TCN appears! I'm on steam version.

Menace, where you able to fix your problems with the radios?

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

Ah-Menace

« Reply #327 on: October 01, 2018, 04:30:07 am »
Jimi,
Nah bro and I just tried again...

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #328 on: October 01, 2018, 07:06:36 am »
Have you tried taking off and getting a little altitude first?

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels

Blue Angels

« Reply #329 on: October 01, 2018, 10:15:19 pm »
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet v18.4 only has the prototype and the test version does it have the other textures which includes the blue angles and the fleet textures