Author Topic: FSXBA F/A-18C HORNET  (Read 285379 times)

Crash19

Re: FSXBA F/A-18C HORNET
« Reply #300 on: September 15, 2018, 05:33:15 pm »
Copy that, thanks, I have no idea whats going on then.

PhantomTweak

« Reply #301 on: September 15, 2018, 08:40:04 pm »
Since installing this aircraft, whichever aircraft I choose at the start of my sim session, it steers to the right when I accelerate until I correct with opposite rudder one time. Then all is well.  Upon aircraft startup, I notice the aircraft bobbing up and down slightly, but there is no flutter. The flutter starts when the aircraft leaves the ground.
A couple possibilities here: First and foremost, is your default flight, and plane, the original FSX default? IE: The trike over Friday Harbour. If not, try making it that and see what happens.
Second: Make sure that, once you get the engines fired up, and both generators on-line, press the FCS Reset switch, left side panel, aft the throttles. Then, just before you take off, when you're on the runway, all systems fired up, BIT checked, and ready to fly, just before you advance the throttles, "wipe" the controls. Move the stick in a full throw fore-n-aft, left-n-right, and waggle the rudders full throw, left-n-right. This is a habit ALL Naval Aviators get drilled into their skull housing groups from day 1 of flight school. It should be YOUR habit as well. In the real-world, wherever that may be, it gives a last check to make sure the controls are free-n-clear, nothings jammed up by a bit of FOD, which can crash a plane with no notice, no systems have failed on you, whatever. In the sim, it can clear previous settings that may have been held over from a previous flight, and so on. Some of the more religiously inclined Aviators say the Trinity to as they wipe the controls, ie: Forward=Father, aft=Son, etc. Most, however, just go with forward=testicles, aft=spectacles, left=watch, right=wallet. Handy little mnemonic :D

For the Flutter, try this: Make a back-up of it, then open the plane's aircraft.cfg file with NotePad. Scan down through it for the heading [HornetFCS] . Under that, find the line that reads AoAScalar=1.500. Change it to 1.35. Save the file, exit NotePad, and reload the plane. I don't know why, and it shouldn't, actually, but that stops the flutter. Give it a try. If it doesn't help, you can always restore the original easily enough. It worked for me, any way.

Hope this helps a little...
Pat☺

Tuskin38

« Reply #302 on: September 16, 2018, 01:16:26 am »
Hey Tuskin,

Welcome to the forums.  The guys over at Groom Lake Simulations do most of our textures.  I'd recommend sending your request over there.

Link: https://www.facebook.com/GroomLakeSimulations/?fb_dtsg_ag=AdySpQJZjZr__YUdhMo-jB9xZJuZ-OmVRUknpWG38FZn-g%3AAdzVt0A396duGcG-R8OczmJyhOPAYRAukYsPQbtSMk3whQ

Ah, cool, thanks.

ReggieC

« Reply #303 on: September 16, 2018, 01:42:30 pm »
Hello Pat,

Appreciate the advice, but it did not work. I don't know what the problem is.

Thanks anyway.

Cheers,
Reggie

PhantomTweak

« Reply #304 on: September 16, 2018, 08:34:37 pm »
Hi, Reggie :)

Just curious, what didn't work? Making your default flight the original FSX default flight, wiping the controls, or the flutter fix?

Another thought flitted through my little pea-brain: Could there be an autopilot setting left on in your default flight, which you're not noticing? That happens sometimes, and can have unexpected effects. That's why I always suggest keeping your default flight the FSX default. It "presets" switches, variables, and settings correctly that may have detrimental effects on the plane.
It's easy to return to the FSX default flight, with a simple edit of one line in the FSX.cfg file. If you want detailed instructions on this, just let us know. It only takes a second.

Of course, if you already HAVE the FX default flight set, forget I said anything.  :D

Good luck!
Pat☺

ReggieC

« Reply #305 on: September 16, 2018, 09:43:37 pm »
Okay, read about a similar problem over at the P3D site. When I installed Hornet version 18.4, it some how wiped my controls. I had to reassign everything and I guess I didn’t calibrate my rudder axis correctly. Have recalibrated and all seems well now. There is a slight bobble of the elevator when I apply back stick and release, this may be normal. But rudder and elevator do not flutter and pilot no longer does the “disco duck”.

Thanks for everyone’s help,

Reggie
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 10:38:01 pm by ReggieC »

Heater

« Reply #306 on: September 23, 2018, 08:27:39 pm »
Hey Jimi, Sorry I havent been keeping up to date, but is the tacpack for the F-18 not signed correctly?? I still get kicked for TP sessions with anti-cheat enabled w/ 18.4.

Also I was planning on giving a quick bug list at somepoint of stuff i found with it with tp when I get the chance..

PhantomTweak

« Reply #307 on: September 23, 2018, 09:27:38 pm »
As I understand it, the TP stuff is still "in development". Jimi's working hard on it.

A bug list, though, is always good. You will find things others miss, I promise. The more eyes the more details found to fix :D

Hope this answers your question, Heater :)
Pat☺

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #308 on: September 24, 2018, 01:53:54 am »
Gents,

Here is an "unofficial" update for testing (FSX Only).  Should be a little cleaner than the last release..

Link:  https://drive.google.com/open?id=129IQvNCg0IhHz1c4J3J6i03UcsF8380t
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 02:05:26 am by jimi08 »

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

Heater

« Reply #309 on: September 24, 2018, 07:01:22 pm »
Yeah, it did, thanks Phantom

Heater

« Reply #310 on: September 24, 2018, 08:02:49 pm »
Quick little bug list for the F/A-18C 18.4.120 (unofficial) version:

-RDR screen does not shown any AI on the display (does show aircraft in MP). Tried this by attempting to lock on to the BQM-74 Drone that TP comes with. The HUD locked on fine with AIM-120s (but didnt show the circle where it shows the closure distance and best time to shoot if that makes sense. I dont know the name of that feature.)

-When using TUP and TDN buttons on the RDR screen, and multiple objects are displayed, it seems like it doesnt scroll back to the first object selected, and I have to use the reverse button of whatever I was pressing, in order to scroll back the objects on screen. For example, lets say I was pressing the TUP button scrolling through 5 objects on the display. After the last object is selected in red, and I continue pressing TUP, it never returns back to the first object, and however many times I continue clicking TUP is the amount of times i would have to click TDN in order for it to start selecting the objects being tracked again.

-AIM-9s lock on, but when hud loses track of object that was locked onto, Tone sound will stay high-pitched, and the low-pitch tone will come back on so they are both simultaneously on. the 'LOCK' light in the top right of the cockpit will also stay on, if it is no longer locked.

-Suface Radar, where it paints terrain, sometimes will remain blank. Cant figure out how to temp fix this issue.

-Stores display allows user to choose Guns, while another weapon is still selected on the display. This is reflected on the HUD where it shows functions and symbols overlapping of both Gun Reticle and whatever other weapon is selected.

-(Not sure if its supposed to be like this but...) At night, all panels and buttons will be lit up, and its very hard to distinguish if a button is selected, or if flaps are half/full, if gear is down or up, etc... because they are all lit up like the LT Test switch is flicked on.

This is just the stuff ive noticed recently.. I am also very bad at explaining things. So if any of this needs clarification, please let me know

-Josh

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #311 on: September 24, 2018, 10:04:22 pm »
Josh,

Thanks for taking the time to test and more importantly, taking the time to type up your observations.

-RDR screen does not shown any AI on the display (does show aircraft in MP). Tried this by attempting to lock on to the BQM-74 Drone that TP comes with. The HUD locked on fine with AIM-120s (but didnt show the circle where it shows the closure distance and best time to shoot if that makes sense. I dont know the name of that feature.)

Just tested and I'm able to get contacts still.  What was your configuration during this observation?  Did you have the AA or AG MasterMode selected?

-When using TUP and TDN buttons on the RDR screen, and multiple objects are displayed, it seems like it doesnt scroll back to the first object selected, and I have to use the reverse button of whatever I was pressing, in order to scroll back the objects on screen. For example, lets say I was pressing the TUP button scrolling through 5 objects on the display. After the last object is selected in red, and I continue pressing TUP, it never returns back to the first object, and however many times I continue clicking TUP is the amount of times i would have to click TDN in order for it to start selecting the objects being tracked again.
Known and documented issue.  The coding is a little funky on this, but I'll figure it out and will fix it (eventually).  Meanwhile, the TDN button works, or if you want to immediately start from the beginning, you can use the RST button.

-AIM-9s lock on, but when hud loses track of object that was locked onto, Tone sound will stay high-pitched, and the low-pitch tone will come back on so they are both simultaneously on. the 'LOCK' light in the top right of the cockpit will also stay on, if it is no longer locked.
Copy, will working on getting this fixed.

-Suface Radar, where it paints terrain, sometimes will remain blank. Cant figure out how to temp fix this issue.
This is a new one.  Need more specifics on the conditions that created this.

-Stores display allows user to choose Guns, while another weapon is still selected on the display. This is reflected on the HUD where it shows functions and symbols overlapping of both Gun Reticle and whatever other weapon is selected.
Yes, guns are allowed to be used in conjunction with other weapons (as designed).  Copy all on the HUD display.  I'll fix it.  Too easy!

At night, all panels and buttons will be lit up, and its very hard to distinguish if a button is selected, or if flaps are half/full, if gear is down or up, etc... because they are all lit up like the LT Test switch is flicked on.
That's a Texture issue.  Seeing that I'm not a texture guru, I will need to find a volunteer to fix this one, so it might be a while.

-Jimi

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

Ah-Menace

« Reply #312 on: September 26, 2018, 12:09:42 am »
hey fellas,
 I give up,I can not pull up any frequencies tacan or ils and I turned the radios on what am I doing wrong?

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #313 on: September 26, 2018, 06:25:36 pm »
hey fellas,
 I give up,I can not pull up any frequencies tacan or ils and I turned the radios on what am I doing wrong?

First, have you downloaded and installed the latest from a few post up?  Link:  https://drive.google.com/open?id=129IQvNCg0IhHz1c4J3J6i03UcsF8380t

If not, download and give that a go.  Please note it's for FSX only, but can be easily converted over to P3D if you are familiar with coding.

If you do have that one already installed and still having problems, i need more info.  How did you go about turning it "on", how high were you and what were your indications?  Did the scratchpad remain blank?  Did you get "error" in the scratchpad?  No info on the HUD or HSI?

Thanks man.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels

Ah-Menace

« Reply #314 on: September 27, 2018, 06:09:41 am »
Jimi,
 I start off on runway,I turn on the TCN radio and select TCN on HSI and --OTT appears and stays. I type in frequencies,press enter and it flashes and and nothing changes but if I change into the Blues and change back into the Fleet,the TCN appears! I'm on steam version.