Author Topic: FSXBA F/A-18C HORNET  (Read 282945 times)

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
Re: FSXBA F/A-18C HORNET
« Reply #105 on: April 17, 2018, 12:45:10 am »
Are there any other repaints other than what is on the FSX Blue Angels website? I've checked the usual places with negative results.

Thanks,
Reggie

Other than the 70± that were available on the latest release?  I don't think so. If you are looking for a certain texture, I'd recommend taking to the guys over at Groom Lake Simulations. They have a Facebook page under the same name and are pretty responsive.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 05:50:31 pm by jimi08 »

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

ReggieC

« Reply #106 on: April 17, 2018, 02:35:11 am »
Thank you Sir. Would like to see a VFA-106 repaint.

Regards,
Reggie

Dave Torkington

« Reply #107 on: April 17, 2018, 05:37:34 pm »
Dave,

I'd first recommend going to the FSXBA FA-18C BA 18.2... and opening the panel.fleet folder.

Do you see the file in question in there?

If yes, open you panel.cfg file and verify that it is pointed to the correct location. The entry i is titled: gauge20=dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64!Sound,  2,2,2,2, \Sound\Sound.ini

If the file is not in the panel.fleet folder, I'd recommend downloading and reinstalling, then verify that that file is in there.

Hope this helps.

Jimi

Hi Jimi,

Thanks very much for the quick reply!

With your comment the problem's solved.... kind of.

Yes, the file is there but it turns out I had another copy of the dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64.dll file in my P3Dv4\Gauges folder that was being picked up by the panel.cfg entry. So, obviously the Sound\Sound.ini wasn't found in the Gauges folder and thus I got the error message every time.
The dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64.dll I already had in the Gauges folder was used for the Manfred Jahn C-47 but I can move it to the C-47 panel and edit the panel.cfg entry.

Hope this makes sense.

Thank you and best regards,

Dave.

Morti

« Reply #108 on: April 17, 2018, 08:48:37 pm »
Just an .air file shouldn't matter, P3D, any version, or FSX.

Hope this helps a little...
Pat☺

Thanks Pat

Regards

Morti

PhantomTweak

« Reply #109 on: April 18, 2018, 12:06:08 am »
Dave,
I think your situation arises from the fact that P3D v4, and maybe earlier, reversed the search order involving gauges and so on from FSX and FS9. The earlier sims looked in FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\whatever_plane\Panel\X (folder), then \Panel\X.cab then FSX\Gauges\X (folder) and finally \Gauges\X.cab/X.gau .
In P3D that's reversed, so if you had a folder or .cab file in your \Gauges folder with something that would conflict with what you WANT to work in your \Panel folder, you'll see this problem.

Hope this helps explain...
Pat☺

mirza001

« Reply #110 on: April 23, 2018, 02:57:23 am »
Using the latest 18.2.22 with a fresh install of Prepar3D V4 and applied all the fixes FCS issue resolved and DDI's working but not able to have the colour map, will appreciate the guidance to have it show up.

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #111 on: April 23, 2018, 10:01:27 am »
Mirza001,

Color map only available on the center DDI.  To get to it, go to  MENU, the HSI and then click the soft button next to MAP.

Hope this helps.

Jimi

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

Skelator

« Reply #112 on: April 26, 2018, 05:27:28 am »
Hi Jimi08,
I'm new to your thread.  I have to say WOW!  What a great aircraft....thank you for this great rendition of the F/A-18C. 

I added your 18.2.2 version to my P3D v4 file and it flies great.  I might have missed it in the thread but when I add a store from the configurator load, sometimes the canopy pops and the pilot ejects from the aircraft.  I'll try to get a picture of it the next time it happens. 

I think you've set a new bar!  Thank you for the great Hornet!

Skelator

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #113 on: April 26, 2018, 08:49:18 am »
Hi Jimi08,
I'm new to your thread.  I have to say WOW!  What a great aircraft....thank you for this great rendition of the F/A-18C. 

I added your 18.2.2 version to my P3D v4 file and it flies great.  I might have missed it in the thread but when I add a store from the configurator load, sometimes the canopy pops and the pilot ejects from the aircraft.  I'll try to get a picture of it the next time it happens. 

I think you've set a new bar!  Thank you for the great Hornet!

Skelator

Skelator,

First, Thanks for the good words!  I'll be sure to pass them along to those assisting in the project.

Second, thanks for the feedback.  As for the ejection issue, this will be a first.  As far as I know, the ejection animation is only tied to Cntl+W (water rudder) I believe.  Do you have any other functions tied to Cntl+W?  Does it only happen when certain stores are added?

Thanks.

Jimi

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels

Skelator56

« Reply #114 on: April 27, 2018, 07:15:42 am »
Hi Jimi,
I tried to duplicate the situation tonight.  When I was in the Cockpit view I selected "Shift-7", selected "Guns on;y" and then center line tank.  When I went to the outside view the canopy was suspended behind the aircraft.  I took off from Eglin and went direct to P-Cola.  Landed with out the canopy and started taking off the runway.  Went to the outside view and behold...the canopy was on the aircraft with the pilot in the seat.  Haven't done anything with the Shift-W "Water Rudder" function but I'll check that when I get back from work tomorrow.  I'll try to get a picture to attach to the thread tomorrow.  Again, Thanks for the great Baby Hornet....I friend of mine in the fleet says that's what they call A's through D's sometimes.  He flies Superhornets.

Talk to you soon!

Skelator

Kea

« Reply #115 on: May 05, 2018, 04:32:32 am »
Hi all

Just whipped up a couple more repaints (so they might have a few errors!) for something I was doing recently, and thought they may as well be shared with everyone!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YipuZg6dBjFz8gYv-I-s-vm6fzxlBlSl

2x NAWDC (ex NSAWC) paints - plain grey "33" and recent blue Flanker "24" schemes
4x VMFA-323 Death Rattlers - 401 (hi-viz but not all done up); 404, 405 and 412 (all lo-viz). These are the embarked (NH) schemes.

PhantomTweak

« Reply #116 on: May 05, 2018, 10:50:17 pm »
Thanks Kea!
I'll give them a whirl as soon as my internet troubles are cured.
Sooner rather than later, I really hope. It's getting really frustrating having it work, occaisionally.

Pat☺

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #117 on: May 06, 2018, 12:05:38 am »
Awesome Kea!  Thanks!

I just uploaded a new version (version 18.3) of the jet for both FSX and P3Dv4 last night.  Download Links available on the first page of the thread.  I'll type a write-up of changes when I get the chance.

I missed it this time Kea, but will it be OK to include your textures in the next release?

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels

Kea

« Reply #118 on: May 06, 2018, 03:10:51 am »
Yes of course Jimi. These ones were a bit rushed so if you spot any mistakes let me know and I'll fix them up.

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #119 on: May 07, 2018, 06:01:23 pm »
Gents,

FSXBA F/A-18C HORNET (FSX & P3Dv4) VERSION 18.3

Ver. 18.3

18.3 Avionics

New Situational Awareness Page!

A/A Tanker Navigation Mode

6 New Liveries (86 total)!

Now that I have a little time, wanted to make the official announcement that the 18.3 version is out for both the FSX and P3Dv4 jet.  Please note that both versions are now using the new avionics that we've been working on.  If you wish to retain the FSX:Acceleration/Steam avionics, please stick with the 17.3 jet.

As with the other, more recent releases, this upgrade deals mainly with avionics; the 18.3 release has a few new features, which I will cover in a minute, but addresses coding bugs and code cleanup in large.

New features include:
-S/A Page: This is a "best I could do" based on information available and my coding abilities.  The new Situational Page or "S/A" page, for short, combines data from sensors such as radar info and link info (information feed from other aircraft sensors and map info to provide a combined operational picture to the operator.  For the FSXBA jet, this translates to a 360 degree view of Air-to-Air and Air-to-Ground radar contacts, along with a limited display of ground info, such as nearby airports, navaids, and geopolitical boarders.  To reach the SA page, simply got to the MENU option, then select the soft key next to "S/A".  To toggle the map info, click on the soft button under "MAP".  To toggle the AA and AG radar contact info, click on the soft buttons next to either the "SNSR" or "C2" options.  To show your flight plan/waypoints (if you have them), press the soft button next to "SEQ".  To see details, press the soft button next to "DATA".

-TACAN A/A Mode:  We've integrated the A/A option on the Up Front Controller (UFC), with the Aerial Refueling Gauge and the HUD display so that a heading marker (bug) and distance will be displayed on the HUD once you've selected an aircraft to be the refueler from the Refueling Gauge (Shift + 5, or extending the refueling probe).  Once you have an aircraft selected, press the "TCN" button on the UFC and press the #3 Option Button on the UFC next to the lettering "A/A".  If everything is done correctly, you should get a heading bug, indicating the bearing of the selected aircraft along with the distance to the contact in the lower right of the HUD (i.e. "10.9 A/A).  As of now, it only works with Multiplayer Air to Air contacts, and not AI Traffic, so I don't think it will work with TACPACK Tankers yet. Still working to resolve this.

-Next Liveries:  Thanks to the guys over at Groom Lake Simulations, 6 new textures have been added to the lineup, making the total liveries included 86! A day late and a dollar short Kea.  Will get your new ones in there on the next release!

Fixes include:
-Fix HSI Primary/Data Screen Conflict
-BCN info shows up in center DDI on CHK screen
-BALT engagement during TCN A/A ops
-CKL Display: NU/ND text spacing
-AA Radar Beam Sweep bar sweeps too far to the right
-Radar screen dissappears when entering AA or AG Master Mode prior to pressing RDR option
-Map display issues
-Refueling gauge auto-on/off when probe extended/retracted
-HUD Display not working on center DDI
-De-conflict WPT,TCN modes with map display modes
-Fix color of flight plan lines from purple to green
-HUD Diamond showing inaccurate data
-Fix to make compatible in STEAM
-TACAN Box not showing up on HUD
-"ON" indicator on scratchpad for TACAN data
-Install UFC background screen images/textures
-Waypoint into and ILS bars on HUD synced to DDI selection
-Map Scale not working on HSI
-Fix waypoint icon on HSI
-HSI display bleeding into Scratchpad

What's Next:
-Radar Contact Cycle/Selection:  STILL WORKING THIS.  Has proven a challenge for me to implement coding wise.  But once it works, user will be able to cycle through radar contacts on their AA and AG radar displays, and target weapons appropriately.
-FLIR Camera:  Still looking into this one.  We'll see...
-ACL Page:  Still digging into how the Automatic Carrier Landing display is going to work/function on the jet within FSX/P3D.  Expect some type of operation that will allow the user to select some form of autopilot that will allow automated traps aboard the ship though...
-Fixing Bugs:  Of course, this is always an on-going thing.  Many thanks to those that have been reporting them!  Might not have fixed all of the reported ones in this release, but we've going it recorded and slowly resolving them.

As usual, thanks everyone for the support and standing by for gripes, recommendations and feedback!

and....and....and as usual, I have done nothing with the 2 seater....

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels