Author Topic: Need help resolving floating jetways issue after reinstall **SOLVED**  (Read 3028 times)

vivalasvegas

I tried to reinstall KLAS again because I was seeing floating jetways like other customers.   Based on discussion in another thread I took the following steps:
        Uninstalled KLAS again and this time addon manager
        Disabled anti virus
        Installed latest version
        When asked to overwrite AP_KLAS2.bgl I replied OK
        Rebooted PC
        Enabled anti virus
        Started FSX and loaded default Cessna flight at KLAS gate A20
        All the jetways were still floating!

I am using FSX with Orbx southern California and no Orbx vector program.  So I don't have AEC. If I have a third party scenery that is causing this elevation problem so far I can't find it.  With the older KLAS scenery I had no elevation problem like this.  Should I have run the FSDT update after the KLAS installation?  Does it matter where KLAS is located in the scenery.cfg file?

So I am stuck until I can somehow figure out what is causing the elevation issue.  Any help would be appreciated!

vivalasvegas
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 10:42:46 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Need help resolving floating jetways issue after reinstall
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 10:19:21 am »
 Based on discussion in another thread I took the following steps:

If you really did what you said here, you are missing the most crucial step: installing the fix for KLAS that can be downloaded in the OrbX forum.

You probably assumed the problem had something to to with KLAS, but since it's caused entirely by OrbX, it won't be fixed until you install the fix made by OrbX.

The only change we made to the updater, is that it recognize the OrbX fix, so it doesn't remove it anymore, like in earlier version so now, you can run the FSDT Live Updater without risking removing the OrbX fix, but you still must install it.

vivalasvegas

Re: Need help resolving floating jetways issue after reinstall
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 02:24:25 am »
Umberto:

Thanks for your help!  The new compatibility file from OrbX worked for me. 

Vivalasvegas