Author Topic: Next airport  (Read 5649 times)

Jerrymc3

• My B737-800 Cockpit
Next airport
« on: September 09, 2017, 03:13:27 pm »
This has probably been answered but what airport(s) is FSDT currently working on or is it a secret?

Jerry
MSFS2020 PROSIM738
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi MB
Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz
EVGA CLC 240 Liquid / Water CPU Cooler
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB)
Gigabyte RTX 3090 TI 24GB
OC EFIS,MCP,FWD/AFT Ovhd,COM,NAV,ADF,XPND

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
Re: Next airport
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 11:56:36 pm »
This has probably been answered but what airport(s) is FSDT currently working on or is it a secret?

Jerry

Yes, already asked, announced and answered. Pittsburgh Intl and EuroAirport Basel Mulhouse Freiburg.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1526022457449724&substory_index=0&id=717810678270910

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 08:27:36 am »
Kind of odd ones, but not unlike MEM or SDF I guess. Pass.

windshear

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 03:23:42 pm »
I wish they would update their extremely aging older releases, like LAX, ORD, JFK etc.
Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Aaron1424

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 04:31:47 pm »
I wish they would update their extremely aging older releases, like LAX, ORD, JFK etc.

They are doing a complete remake of ORD already.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2017, 12:04:29 pm »
- When we announce a new airport, people ask for updates for existing ones.

- When we do an update for an existing one, people ask why developers always do the same airports and "why nobody has ever made xxxx"

We are obviously doing BOTH, and this is being made by entirely different teams:

The KCLT team is working on KPIT (Pittsburgh) now, and the KSDF team is working on LSFB (Basel/Freiburg)

The O'Hare team is working on a complete remake for KORD and will then move to JFK and then KLAX.

In this case, we must follow a strict priority order. KORD is in dire need of an update, because runways have changed and it's the oldest of the group. JFK has changed terminals a bit, but not the runways, so it will be next, and it's the next oldest one (it was released the year after KORD). KLAX is the most recent one, and the only issue it has, is that we already modeled things that were supposed to be completed by now, but still haven't and it's not sure if they will ever be so, is the one that doesn't require an update as urgently as the other two, so it will be the third one to be remade.

We have an entirely new team that is working on a large International airport. We haven't announced it yet, because being the first work they are doing for us, we don't have any expected released date for it.

And, the Geneva team is working on an update of Geneva.

KSDF is done, we are only working on an entirely new feature, never done before, which requires a GSX update to work.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 09:59:37 am by virtuali »

FAlonso22

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2017, 10:31:55 pm »

- When we do an update for an existing one, people ask why developers always do the same airports and "why nobody has ever made xxxx"

We are obviously doing BOTH, and this is being made by entirely different teams:

The KCLT team is working on KPIT (Pittsburgh) now, and the KSDF team is working on LSFB (Basel/Freiburg)

The O'Hare team is working on a complete remake for KORD and will then move to JFK and then KLAX.

In this case, we must follow a strict priority order. KORD is in dire need of an update, because runways has changed and it's the oldest of the group. JFK has changed terminals a bit, but not the runways, so it will be next, and it's the next oldest one (it was released the year after KORD). KLAX is the most recent one, and the only issue it has, is that we already modeled things that were supposed to be completed by now, but still haven't and it's not sure if they will ever be so, is the one that doesn't require an update as urgently as the other two, so it will be the third one to be remade.

We have an entirely new team that is working on a large International airport. We haven't announced it yet, because being the first work they are doing for us, we don't have any expected released date for it.

KSDF is done, we are only working on an entirely new feature, never done before, which requires a GSX update to work.

Whats about the SODE update for the other old sceneries? I want buy Vancouver and Dallas, but im waiting for the SODE update.

Regards

Lude2Envy

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2017, 05:15:10 pm »

In this case, we must follow a strict priority order. KORD is in dire need of an update, because runways has changed and it's the oldest of the group. JFK has changed terminals a bit, but not the runways, so it will be next, and it's the next oldest one (it was released the year after KORD). KLAX is the most recent one, and the only issue it has, is that we already modeled things that were supposed to be completed by now, but still haven't and it's not sure if they will ever be so, is the one that doesn't require an update as urgently as the other two, so it will be the third one to be remade.

It's great that you guys have grown to the point where you can handle all of these projects simultaneously. It's nice to know what's in the works so we know what not to buy. A year after I bought LatinVFR's KSAN, ORBX releases theirs. I also finally cracked and bought ImagineSim's KATL through Flight1 and FlyTampa literally announced KATL right after my 30 days were up so I couldn't get a refund. I'm patient enough to hold out for products from the great developers if I know they're coming. I'm also stupid enough to buy everything twice if I didn't know. I donated money to SSJ for their KPHL, but I would still love one from either you guys or FlyTampa  ;) ;)
Ian

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz
16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4
ASUS Z170-Deluxe
Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
Samsung 950 Pro SSD x2, Samsung 850 Pro SSD

windshear

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2017, 10:54:30 am »

In this case, we must follow a strict priority order. KORD is in dire need of an update, because runways have changed and it's the oldest of the group. JFK has changed terminals a bit, but not the runways, so it will be next, and it's the next oldest one (it was released the year after KORD). KLAX is the most recent one, and the only issue it has, is that we already modeled things that were supposed to be completed by now, but still haven't and it's not sure if they will ever be so, is the one that doesn't require an update as urgently as the other two, so it will be the third one to be remade.

Great news! Thank you!
Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark