Author Topic: After installation P3D crash  (Read 9977 times)

DavidGee

After installation P3D crash
« on: September 05, 2017, 05:38:04 pm »
Hi Umberto, i recently bought ZurichX and Geneva, I installed both and i had P3Dv4 crashing, so what i did is reinstalled one by one and they crashed singularly, what i managed to do is that I used  Lorby-SI AddonOrganizer_P3D_V4 took it off from the XML file and add ZurichX first on the scenery.cfg, ok, it worked and the scenario works fine, did the same thing with Geneva and P3D crashes.

Any ideas?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: After installation P3D crash
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 10:03:29 pm »
DO NOT move the sceneries from where the installer has correctly installed, which is with the add-on.xml package. Undo all your changes, and reinstall the sceneries using ONLY their installer, and don't move them from they are.

How many sceneries you have ? It's possible the sim has a problem handling too many areas added with the add-on.xml method.

We are not sure if the crashes happens because the add-on.xml is not correct (ours is surely correct, but we cannot possibly know about other add-on.xml files), and LM is aware of this and is investigating the issue.

DavidGee

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 11:29:32 pm »
DO NOT move the sceneries from where the installer has correctly installed, which is with the add-on.xml package. Undo all your changes, and reinstall the sceneries using ONLY their installer, and don't move them from they are.

How many sceneries you have ? It's possible the sim has a problem handling too many areas added with the add-on.xml method.

We are not sure if the crashes happens because the add-on.xml is not correct (ours is surely correct, but we cannot possibly know about other add-on.xml files), and LM is aware of this and is investigating the issue.

i did try as first attempt that and that have caused the crash after i resolved to move 1 of the scenario in cfg, and for the second part i do have a LOT of scenario's and i don't have any problems, i have about 15 in XML more than 30 in cfg except the defaults p3d directory's

UPDATE 1: I reinstalled everything but Geneva doesn't want to know nothing about it, atm, only ZurichX is working
And any case moving to cfg should not make any difference from XML its only Geneva making my P3D crash, ZurichX is working fine in cfg mode why not Geneva?

UPDATE 2: i tried to fix ZurichX to work in XML putting it on the first row of the list but Geneva i cant
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 02:17:09 am by davideguadagno »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 08:59:35 am »
And any case moving to cfg should not make any difference from XML its only Geneva making my P3D crash, ZurichX is working fine in cfg mode why not Geneva?

I'm sorry, but I cannot reproduce this. I just uninstalled and reinstalled Geneva, and it works just fine.

The most likely cause then, it's probably related to AI, maybe you have a model that (due to schedule and airline) appears at Geneva but not elsehwere, and it's crashing the sim because it has a missing/corrupted texture, so you think the airport is the problem, because it only crashes there.

DavidGee

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2017, 08:13:13 pm »
I uninstalled UTLive and checked simobjects.cfg(AI directory) for full uninstall and it still crashes, so yes it is the airport that is crashing my sim not the AI, so i'm stuck with a product that doesn't work hope u understand

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2017, 09:19:55 pm »
so yes it is the airport that is crashing my sim not the AI

No, it's not. If it were, it would crash to everybody, not just you. And no, fact that you have uninstalled UTLive, doesn't mean the crash is not related to AI. But you can easily test this:

Do you still have the crash with AI Traffic at 0% ? If yes, you can be sure it's an AI. If not, that still doesn't mean it's the airport, but might be a corrupted default texture of the default scenery which appears in the Geneva area, but not elsewhere you tried.

DavidGee

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2017, 09:27:01 pm »
The traffic section has always been at 0% even boats vehicle etc, UTLive works as injection function, the only solution is to reset the PC when i have time..

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2017, 09:34:15 pm »
Try to remove just these files/folders:

%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Prepar3D.CFG
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Shaders

Then restart the sim, and wait a bit for it to rebuild the shaders (the screen will be black for a while).

DavidGee

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2017, 09:52:04 am »
nothing still the same problem, i've even tried the debug system from prepar3d forum and it still crashes

DavidGee

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2017, 12:15:11 pm »
well I decided that I format my PC yesterday witch I did and Geneva is working! LOL

tnx for the help any case Umberto hopefully now installing all my stuff the problem doesn't come back again!!!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2017, 09:02:53 am »
well I decided that I format my PC yesterday witch I did and Geneva is working!

Of course it does, since Geneva was never the problem to begin with...the most likely issue is, you had some of the VC++ libraries that comes with many Windows application, that our software also use, which were maybe missing/corrupted/conflicting and, sometimes, if you don't really know where to act, it's easier to reinstall Windows...