Author Topic: FSX Crashing: Fatal Error  (Read 14749 times)

Shom

Re: FSX Crashing: Fatal Error
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2017, 07:16:45 pm »
Umberto,
For me this is happening only with KMEM. How come it doesn't happen to me with the rest of FSDT airports (among them KCLT which is a later release) when Active Sky is enabled?
Obviously something with KMEM is different.
I've managed to reproduce the issue consistently when approaching the airport - as if once I get close enough and something in the scenery loads it causes FSX to hang and crash.
So KMEM is a no go for me unfortunately as a destination...

Shom

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2017, 07:24:31 pm »
For me this is happening only with KMEM. How come it doesn't happen to me with the rest of FSDT airports (among them KCLT which is a later release) when Active Sky is enabled?

Please confirm if you don't have the crash if Active Sky is DISABLED.

Obviously something with KMEM is different.

Nothing is "obvious" or easy. If it doesn't happen with Active Sky disabled, it can very well be a problem with it that was always there, but it would require a fairly large (in memory requirements) scenery to happen.

But first, you must confirm that doesn't happen with Active Sky disabled.

Shom

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2017, 06:48:27 am »
By disabled you mean uninstalled or just turned off?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2017, 11:26:29 am »
By disabled you mean uninstalled or just turned off?

Just disabled but, of course, being sure every module is disabled, either in the DLL.XML file or in the EXE.XML file.

ahuimanu

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2017, 04:52:56 pm »
I have all these same symptoms in P3DV4.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2017, 06:29:06 pm »

Please use the Windows Event Viewer, in the Windows Application log, you should find an error report, which will tell you what really crashed. I cannot see any crashes on KMEM whatsoever in P3DV4.

Marek2704

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2017, 09:08:39 pm »
After install of KMEM my P3D crash after choose any scenery.

Windows 10 64 bits, P3Dv4 (4.0.28.21686), SODE (1.5.3), no ActiveSky, newest GSX Ground Services, manually installed Addon Manager (just downloaded), scenery downloaded 3 days ago.

Update made before I finish write this post:
After unistall of KMEM P3D works. Then I install demo version of KCLT. P3D still works, KCLT works. Then I installed again KMEM and... all works. Something is wrong with KMEM installer.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2017, 03:17:47 pm »
It's not possible that installing KCLT would work, and installing KMEM wouldn't, since both installers installs exactly the same files and, on top of that, both files starts the FSDT Live Update so, even if there was some difference, like an outdated/corrupted file in the KMEM installer, the FSDT Live Update which is ran at the end of BOTH installers, would download and install exactly the same files, which is why is not possible that KCLT works and KMEM would crash the the sim.

However, if you have an AI airplane that, because of the schedule, appears only at KMEM, and that one has missing/corrupted textures, you will have a crash at KMEM without KMEM having anything to do with it, and the crash will be "fixed" by uninstalling KMEM, because the default airport would call for different AIs, since it doesn't have airline parking codes so, a possibly corrupted AI won't show up with KMEM uninstalled.

This is just an example, which is very real, of why you can be easily mislead KMEM is the problem ( "it crash when I install it, it doesn't when I remove it", seems logicall... ), when in fact it's not.

As I've said in my last post, please use the Windows Event Viewer, in the Windows Application log, you should find an error report, which will tell you what really crashed.

Then I installed again KMEM and... all works.

??? Now it's working ?

ahuimanu

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2017, 04:49:20 pm »

Please use the Windows Event Viewer, in the Windows Application log, you should find an error report, which will tell you what really crashed. I cannot see any crashes on KMEM whatsoever in P3DV4.

I'm in P3D v4.1 now and the same behavior.  Faulting module: kernelbase.dll.  I have no overclocks or anything.  This always happens, as others report, when in range and the airport is loading.  Usually, when passing through the mid 20,000s in altitude.  It is something about the scenery itself.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2017, 12:41:47 pm »
Usually, when passing through the mid 20,000s in altitude.  It is something about the scenery itself.

It's not the scenery, because at that height, most of the objects are not even loaded, even if you are in loading range of the scenery. It's possible that might be an AI, that because of schedule and timetable, appears only at KMEM, so you are mislead thinking "it must be the scenery", just because it happens there.

Even if you uninstall the scenery and the problem would eventually goes away, it's not an indication the scenery was the problem.

It might still be caused by a corrupted/missing AI texture (some AI converted from FS9 just crash P3D4) that, again, because of schedule and timetable, appears only at KMEM, but only if our AFCAD is active, because the default AFCAD might triggered different AI, because of the different airline parking codes.

ahuimanu

« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2017, 05:26:49 am »
Usually, when passing through the mid 20,000s in altitude.  It is something about the scenery itself.

It's not the scenery, because at that height, most of the objects are not even loaded, even if you are in loading range of the scenery. It's possible that might be an AI, that because of schedule and timetable, appears only at KMEM, so you are mislead thinking "it must be the scenery", just because it happens there.

Even if you uninstall the scenery and the problem would eventually goes away, it's not an indication the scenery was the problem.

It might still be caused by a corrupted/missing AI texture (some AI converted from FS9 just crash P3D4) that, again, because of schedule and timetable, appears only at KMEM, but only if our AFCAD is active, because the default AFCAD might triggered different AI, because of the different airline parking codes.

Umberto,

Thank you for the thoughtful and detailed reply.  I have no AI installed in 4.1 (I've done a fresh reinstall).  I think enough of us are having an issue where there is certainly an interaction with the scenery and something else.  However, this is the only FSDT scenery where this behavior is experienced.

However, you may have a point regarding scenery loading.  There is something about coming into relative proximity with KMEM from FSDT that causes this crash.  The crash won't happen if KMEM is not loaded.  I realize you suggest that may still be a false positive, but there is at least an interaction between KMEM and something else.

I hope we (customers and/or FSDT) may happen upon a solution.

Congrats with the release of KSDF, I've just purchased it.