Author Topic: Crash when exiting KMEM scenery on FSX Steam Edition or P3D v3.4  (Read 3965 times)

Homeflyer

Crash when exiting KMEM scenery on FSX Steam Edition or P3D v3.4
« on: September 03, 2017, 08:18:38 am »
After running into this issue I went ahead and wiped and reinstalled both FSXSE and P3Dv3. All folders deleted as per PMDG’s guide prior to reinstall, including appdata roaming, my documents etc. The issue still persists as follows :-

FSXSE
Start a flight using the default trike at KMEM which has been installed from 1.5.0.0 just downloaded from the web site. (stand alone addon manager also downloaded and run along with an FSDT Line Update run)
I do nothing other than exit the flight then exit the sim. Looking at process explorer I can see couatl close and disappear then after a short period of time dxdiag starts just before bglmanx thread closes. FSX then stays in memory for a considerable time until it crashes with an API.DLL error.
Event logs, dxdiag and couatl errorlog is attached. I have not attached the app crash dump file.
At the time of exiting there was still 2.86gb VAS free. (Measured using fsuipc function)

P3D v3.4
Again start a flight at KMEM in the default F22. Exit flight then sim and monitor process explorer. It behaves the same as for FSX except this time the crash NTDLL.DLL
No couatl error log is created. Other logs attached.

Add on manager is installed on D:  Addon Manager directory. Sims are also on this same drive under their own directories not on C drive.

FSX SE has the following  in the config
HIGHMEMFIX =1
HideInfoText=1
DisablePreload=1
SimObjectPaths.6=D:\Addon Manager\Simobjects\Misc
SimObjectPaths.7=SimObjects\IVAO_MTL
TRUSTED
D:\Addon Manager\couatl\couatl.exe.wbretqonlzkuhzterwzahheibhwtlakzabzkuwuo=1
D:\Addon Manager\bglmanx.dll.octurrtnabbhiwkaceohlrikzecilqiblteubzll=1

Dll.xml has
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Addon Manager</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>D:\Addon Manager\bglmanx.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

Exe.dll has
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Couatl Scripting Engine</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>D:\Addon Manager\couatl\couatl.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
Both added by the installer.

P3D
Has nothing added to the config (clean from initial install), DLL and EXE entries are only in the P3Daddons directory in my documents which were added by the installer, no addon manager entries are in the roaming xml files.

I then installed KLAX V2 from the 1.6.7 installer. There is no issue when exiting from this scenery in either FSX and P3D, both close correctly without any crash or dxdiag running. Exit speed is the same as exiting from a default airport.

GSX has not be reinstalled. Add ons currently installed are MD11 in FSX and QW 757 in P3D. Activesky connect and fsuipc are all that’s in the appdata roaming EXE and DLL xml files for both sims although no weather injection was being used on either sim at the time.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Crash when exiting KMEM scenery on FSX Steam Edition or P3D v3.4
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 11:34:02 am »
Check this solution first, which is to run the FSDT Live Update, to see if you had the wrong compatibility key in the registry:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,16389.msg116885.html#msg116885

Homeflyer

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 03:44:23 am »
I checked regedit for the two entries mentioned in the posts before and after running FSDT live update and there was no change. Screen shot of before attached. Sim still crashes on exit at KMEM.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 11:28:31 am »
I'm sorry, but I still cannot reproduce the problem in any way. The sim closes in a 3-4 seconds with no errors. Do you have the latest fix for P3D 3.4 ?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 11:33:07 am by virtuali »

Homeflyer

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2017, 12:47:22 am »
FSX SE is the latest download from steam and P3D is version 3.4.22.19868