Author Topic: just bought klax v2 but not displayng correctly  (Read 5996 times)

C130

• "With your eyes turned skywards...."
just bought klax v2 but not displayng correctly
« on: September 04, 2017, 01:16:17 pm »
I have just purchased KLAX V2.

In the scenery library "FsDreamTeam Los Angeles is greyed out.

Underneath that KLAX_V2 is in bold.

In my Orbx Scenery library KLAX_V2 is at the top.

The scenery is blurry and the airport buildings arte missing. The piers are ok?

How can I install this correctly please?

Regards
David

EDIT

Please disregard this.

I deleted and re installed the scenery and it seems to be ok now!

For everyone's information, I still have a greyed out FsDreamTeam Los Angeles at the top of the scenery Library?

The second entry is KLAX_V2 and this is solid text?

This is the first scenery airport I have from FSDT. I have used GSX from the start! The installer put the Add-on Manager in my C Program files directory. My P3d v3.4, is on my E drive...Perhaps it got as confused as I did.

Thanks.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 01:40:12 pm by C130 »
"Suspension of Disbelief". Flight Simulators! My You Tube Channel is "David Herky".

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: just bought klax v2 but not displayng correctly
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 03:28:50 pm »
For everyone's information, I still have a greyed out FsDreamTeam Los Angeles at the top of the scenery Library?

This has been already discussed on the forum so many times, and it's entirely normal you see the FSDT sceneries greyed out, because that's how the Scenery Library works right now: the only sceneries that can be edited there, are those installed in the scenery.cfg, which is the legacy system, not the ones using the add-on.xml method, which is the new system that is suggested by LM all developers should follow.

C130

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 07:20:25 pm »

This has been already discussed on the forum so many times, and it's entirely normal you see the FSDT sceneries greyed out, because that's how the Scenery Library works right now: the only sceneries that can be edited there, are those installed in the scenery.cfg, which is the legacy system, not the ones using the add-on.xml method, which is the new system that is suggested by LM all developers should follow.

Thanks Umberto, I realise this now. Sorry I am a bit slow, but I don't spend a lot of time on this forum since I am largely happy with GSX.  This is my first FSDT airport.

I have no idea why I had to re install KLAX, bu it seems great now!

I use MCE which links in to GSX very well. However, there are occasions when I get the message that Couatl has stopped working and I need to re install the latest Add On Manager? This is during push back procedures when running MCE with GSX?  This occurs a couple of times and usually at the third try I get a good GSX push back! The gate I am using is 45. This involves a right or left push back on to taxi way C.

This is the "Panic Report" I keep getting after the Couatle has crashed reload the Stand Alone Manager???

couatl v3.2 (build 3829)
panic log started on Tue Sep  5 18:57:32 2017

problem raised by addon <unknown>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\GSX\__init__.py", line 395, in <lambda>
  File "couatl\common\youcontrol.py", line 231, in showMenusWithSameTag
  File "couatl\common\youcontrol.py", line 86, in showContainer
  File "couatl\common\youcontrol.py", line 210, in show
IndexError: list index out of range
{'Airport': 'KLAX', 'Requested assistance services at': 'Terminal 4|Gate 45  (FSX Name=Gate 45)', 'User Pos': (33.940723922071435, -118.40746441626302, 40.9124 m, 2.46839 m, 73.85622177992128)}

I have to re start Couatle and re build the airport cache to get the buildings back, which all disappear, after this message?

Thanks for your help and some great products.

PS Can the runway lights be updated a little? They show as flat squares when viewed from the side aspect, although they look round when viewed from the front aspect?

Regards
David

« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 08:00:09 pm by C130 »
"Suspension of Disbelief". Flight Simulators! My You Tube Channel is "David Herky".

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 09:55:51 pm »
This is during push back procedures when running MCE with GSX?  

Are you getting the same error if you don't use that MCE program ?

C130

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2017, 11:38:30 am »
This is during push back procedures when running MCE with GSX?  

Are you getting the same error if you don't use that MCE program ?

No.

I have always used MCE with good success, but at FSDT KLAX there seems to be a problem?

Strangely, when I tried today, using MCE command "mechanic push back to the left", the push back truck is not displayed. The ground mechanic announces push back and the aircraft moves. No push tug is visible?

I then tried without MCE running and the push back was normal, no issues.

So it looks like MCE doesn't like FSDT KLAX?

Lastly, when I try to customise the airport positions from the menu, (no MCE running) I get the error message "The Couatle Scripting engine has encountered an unrecoverable error and will be re started. Please download and install the latest stand alone manager."

Error is;

couatl v3.2 (build 3829)
panic log started on Wed Sep  6 10:34:18 2017

problem raised by engine or unspecified addon
{'Airport': 'KLAX', 'Requested parking services to': 'Terminal 4|Gate 45  (FSX Name=Gate 45)', 'User Pos': (33.94072383642196, -118.40746477246283, 40.9952 m, 2.55118 m, 73.85622406005858)}

I have the latest manager installed from FSDT KLAX?

So push back with MCE not correctly working.

Push back from menu (no MCE) is ok.

Can not customise the airport positions from the menu without the error message to down load the latest add on manager?

So I am somewhat confused as to what's going on here?

Best wishes
David

EDIT.

I think I have solved the Couatl crashing issue. I re downloaded the stand alone manager from the GSX page on the FSDT site. I ran the executable.  It then placed a FSDT Live update icon on my desktop. I ran this.

Although the Stand Alone Manager version is the same 4.0.0.6, I believe somehow, the re install fixed it. I see very new style airport position editing style in the sim. Also there is no crashing!! :)  Could it be the installation of KLAX placed an older version of the manager in my system...? I don't know. But now all is working.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 07:55:48 pm by C130 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2017, 09:15:54 pm »
You have two issues here:

1) About the issue with MCE, you must really contact the developers, since if the Pushback directly from GSX works, it's clearly something that's happening in their software.

We don't have any idea how they interface with GSX but, I guess they control the menu window so, it might be possible their software needs to be updated, since we added new options after we added SODE support, but this happened months ago.

2) The problem editing the Gate 45 at KLAX is entirely unrelated, but I cannot reproduce it, I can edit the parking normally, tried both in P3D 3.4 and 4. Try to run the FSDT Live Update, to be sure you have all the latest files.

C130

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2017, 06:00:08 pm »
You have two issues here:

1) About the issue with MCE, you must really contact the developers, since if the Pushback directly from GSX works, it's clearly something that's happening in their software.

We don't have any idea how they interface with GSX but, I guess they control the menu window so, it might be possible their software needs to be updated, since we added new options after we added SODE support, but this happened months ago.

2) The problem editing the Gate 45 at KLAX is entirely unrelated, but I cannot reproduce it, I can edit the parking normally, tried both in P3D 3.4 and 4. Try to run the FSDT Live Update, to be sure you have all the latest files.

Thanks once again for the reply.

I have the latest FSDT Update installed. I see a different style of Ground Vehicle Editor now and I get no crashes with editing the positions...anywhere!

I can use MCE Push back at any airport with success. KLAX remains a problem. As you say, it must be the menu system that their program calls. You have the Ctrl+F12 to get the KLAX menu up. Before it was Ctrl+Sft+F12...probably something to do with that!   I can get a good push back if I do the menu manually...Ctrl+F12 then select by mouse.

Thanks once again
Cheers
David

PS Your program always features in my videos...Nice one too!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2017, 01:23:20 pm »
You have the Ctrl+F12 to get the KLAX menu up. Before it was Ctrl+Sft+F12...probably something to do with that!   

If you mean the KLAX YouControl menu, it is supposed to be CTRL+F12 to open the YouControl menu, with the first choice being GSX and the 2nd one being the menu for KLAX options.  This is what is supposed to happen if you select the YouControl hotkey on a scenery that HAS a YouControl menu, like most of the FSDT ones. If the scenery doesn't have a YouControl menu, they hotkey will just call GSX.

The CTRL+Shift+F12 has always been the default to jump directly to GSX, skipping any YouControl menu, and it's there both to allow users to save a key press if they just want to go into GSX, and to allow easier interfacing for 3rd party apps (or joystick keyboard macros), to be sure the key would always call into GSX, regardless of the scenery.

But of course, both keys can be customized from the Couatl settings menu.