Author Topic: Ground texture load problem **SOLVED**  (Read 4281 times)

KimK

Ground texture load problem **SOLVED**
« on: August 21, 2017, 03:29:23 pm »
Hello everyone,

First thank you for your great quality scenery, love it !

However, I have a problem with the scenery. When I'm on the ground, everything is just fine except that some taxiways don't show in VC (not the main ones, the taxiways leading to parking positions) but well, not a big deal. The bigger problem is that, when I'm landing, I can't see the runways in the air. I can see where they are by zooming but that's all, the runways only load when I'm around 50-60 ft from ground.

My sim is FSX:SE.
I have ORBX FTX Global and no other scenery installed in that area.
I tried to reinstall again the scenery or to put it in very first position in my library, without success.

Thank you for your help, I've attached a few screenshots to help you understand my problem,
Best regards,
Kim.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 12:27:22 am by KimK »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Ground texture load problem
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 03:21:22 pm »
The problem doesn't have anything to do with the scenery installation or other scenery installed. It's just an issue with your video settings: since you haven't enabled Anisotropic filtering on the video card Control Panel, airports with fully custom runway textures will look like that. Use a 16x setting.

In addition to that, KLAX is made with 4K textures, not to get ultra high resolution, but to get extra speed (less larger textures are faster than many smaller ones) so, if you don't see the 4K resolution in the sim Max Texture size slider (the last notch), the textures will be of a lower resolution the scenery was designed with.

KimK

Re: Ground texture load problem
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 12:27:02 am »
Hello,

Thank you very much, I did the manipulation you told and it works perfectly fine now.
I also had my scenery density slider middle way, pushed it fully.

Thank you again, great work,
Kim.