Author Topic: P3D V4 CTD Starting Scenario  (Read 7041 times)

kdlovell

P3D V4 CTD Starting Scenario
« on: September 03, 2017, 10:15:19 pm »
I purchased KCLT this morning during the flash sale but it is causing P3D V4 to CTD after starting a scenario. 

To recreate:
Start P3D V4
Click OK on the default startup scenario
Screen remains black for a few seconds and then the CTD occurs.
The scenery loading message never appears. 

If I deactivate KCLT in the add-ons.cfg file then P3D V4 works without any issue.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled - no luck.  I've run the Live Update - no luck.  I've searched the forums and was not able to find anything applicable (not the blgmanx registry issue).  I also have all but a couple FSDT sceneries installed without any issues.  I've verified the paths in all related .cfg files. 

It seems like it is possibly an issue with one of the config files since the loading scenery message never appears.  I've checked them but didn't see anything wrong.  I did not change them either so they are as they were installed.

Any thoughts on what could be wrong?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: P3D V4 CTD Starting Scenario
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 11:33:02 am »
I purchased KCLT this morning during the flash sale but it is causing P3D V4 to CTD after starting a scenario. 

The crash doesn't happen and it's not surely caused by KCLT. We designed KCLT for P3DV4, and everybody at FSDT only use P3DV4 so, it has been throughly tested.

Check this solution first, which is to run the FSDT Live Update, to see if you had the wrong compatibility key in the registry:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,16389.msg116885.html#msg116885

kdlovell

Re: Re: P3D V4 CTD Starting Scenario
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 03:03:19 pm »

The crash doesn't happen and it's not surely caused by KCLT. We designed KCLT for P3DV4, and everybody at FSDT only use P3DV4 so, it has been throughly tested.

Check this solution first, which is to run the FSDT Live Update, to see if you had the wrong compatibility key in the registry:

Hello,

I've already tried that as stated above.  I also have several other fsdt sceneries installed without issue. 

I'm not trying to load kclt so it seems like an issue with the config files.  I'm perplexed by this one for sure. 

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

GoldenViiV

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2017, 03:24:52 pm »

I have the same problem.

Sorry, but that solution is not available, only happens when install the KCLT on P3D V4.

BR.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2017, 03:25:46 pm »
I'm sorry, but I cannot reproduce this. Have you installed the P3D Hotfix 1 ? What other 3rd party modules you have installed ?

GoldenViiV

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2017, 04:22:41 pm »
I'm sorry, but I cannot reproduce this. Have you installed the P3D Hotfix 1 ? What other 3rd party modules you have installed ?

Unfortunately ... yes.

and I have PIS JEJU Airport, ORBX NA scenery and GSX, KCLT, KLAX, JFK V2. also.

kdlovell

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2017, 08:10:22 pm »
After some additional testing, I found that this is an issue with the number of sceneries installed in p3d v4.  It seems as though there is some type of 'limit' to the number of sceneries it can handle.  It just so happens that my newly purchased KCLT pushed my sim over the limit.  If I deactivate ANY other scenery then all is well.  

More info may be found here for those that are interested.  It seems it is something that LM needs to fix.
http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=126017

antersson

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2017, 10:24:26 pm »
Sorry guys. Newbie.
I wrote my text on top of kdlovell.

Here I go again:

Count me in as well. I was actually following this particular post to see if any solution from Virtuali. I own almost each one of your products. All installed. No problems at all. I also have ORBX NA, etc.
Same issue. Uninstall CLT and everything works perfect.
And forgot. I have the latest version of p3d v4.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2017, 11:36:24 am »
If I deactivate ANY other scenery then all is well.  

This clearly confirm the problem doesn't have anything to do with KCLT and yes, it's possible the sim still has bugs in the way it handles scenery areas, because other users seems to report problems when adding many sceneries. LM is aware of this so, it's possible it will be fixed in the next version.

antersson

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2017, 06:10:13 pm »
Yes, deactivating some sceneries in P3D. CLT installs and work perfect. No issues. Always great products!
Thanks for the replies. Looking forward to next one.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2017, 12:49:03 pm »
Yes, deactivating some sceneries in P3D. CLT installs and work perfect.

Do you recall how many sceneries you added using the add-on.xml method, or you think to have found some kind of threshold (after a certain number of areas, for example) when this happens or not ? This might be useful to report to LM for further testing.