Author Topic: Bright Night Textures  (Read 8615 times)

AaronMyers

Bright Night Textures
« on: September 03, 2017, 08:46:36 pm »
Hello,

First off, thank you for the sale on your birthday! It was much appreciated and I picked up KIAH, KMEM, KCLT out of the deal. The latter two look great, but KIAH I have some night texture issues. They are very intensely bright which I can't figure out. I did run the live update and it updated a couple of files, but it still looks the same. Thoughts on what is happening? KMEM and KCLT both look great night.

AaronMyers

Re: Bright Night Textures
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 02:13:17 pm »
Any thoughts?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 06:00:51 pm »
I don't see what you have in your screenshot. Are you using the migration tool perhaps ?

Or, maybe, you use the scenery both in FSX and P3D ? If yes, it's normal the first run after switching from FSX to P3D will have this issue, because the scenery is being patched (depending on the sim) the first time it runs on a different sim since the last time. But it should work on the 2nd run.

AaronMyers

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2017, 04:39:17 pm »
Hi, and thanks for the response. The answer is no, I went straight to P3Dv4 with no migration. I've loaded the scenery a couple of times and it looks the same each time.

I'm not sure what to make of it. Perhaps a removal and redownload is in order?

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2017, 06:15:09 pm »
 What are your sim's lighting settings at?

AaronMyers

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2017, 03:00:22 am »
What are your sim's lighting settings at?

Hello,

They are as follows:

HDR enabled
Brightness 1.10
Bloom 1.00
Saturation .80
Dynamic reflections off
Dynamic lighting on
Landing lights illuminate ground on
Shadow quality medium

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2017, 08:26:19 am »
 That would be VERY bright indeed! Mine for instance and I still find it sometimes quite bright are

HDR enabled
Brightness 0.68
Bloom 0.25
Saturation .82
Dynamic reflections on Medium
Dynamic lighting on

These settings are VERY subjective and can vary immensely depending on EVERY monitor and their settings. Adjust it to your own liking.

AaronMyers

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2017, 03:08:53 pm »
Thanks for the replies. That said, none of my other airports have this issue, including Memphis and Charlotte which I bought at the same time. Those look perfectly natural. Only KIAH looks like this.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2017, 04:14:59 pm »
Only KIAH looks like this.

That's why I said there's seems to have been a problem with the program recognizing the sim (usually because of the Migration tool), because this is how it's supposed to look like, if the program believes it's running in FSX, so it will modify the scenery accordingly when the sim starts, before creating the objects.

Or, perhaps the patching went wrong, like the antivirus blocked access to the C:\ProgramData\Virtuali folder, which it obviously shouldn't...

You might verify if this is the case, by enabling Logging in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings page and after entering and exiting a session, check the Couatl.LOG file that has been generated. It should say something about having patched KIAH.

AaronMyers

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2017, 08:22:49 pm »

That's why I said there's seems to have been a problem with the program recognizing the sim (usually because of the Migration tool), because this is how it's supposed to look like, if the program believes it's running in FSX, so it will modify the scenery accordingly when the sim starts, before creating the objects.

Or, perhaps the patching went wrong, like the antivirus blocked access to the C:\ProgramData\Virtuali folder, which it obviously shouldn't...

You might verify if this is the case, by enabling Logging in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings page and after entering and exiting a session, check the Couatl.LOG file that has been generated. It should say something about having patched KIAH.

Ok, I'll give this a try and report back.

AaronMyers

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2017, 01:29:02 am »

Yep, the entry in the log file is as follows:

Entering KIAH area...
Patching for Bloom in P3D V3 in file FSDT_KIAH_sf01.mdl 0
Patching for Bloom in P3D V3 in file FSDT_KIAH_sf02.mdl 0
Patching for Bloom in P3D V3 in file FSDT_KIAH_sf03.mdl 0
Patching for Bloom in P3D V3 in file FSDT_KIAH_sf04.mdl 0
Patching for Bloom in P3D V3 in file FSDT_KIAH_sf05.mdl 0
Patching for Bloom in P3D V3 in file FSDT_KIAH_sf06.mdl 0
Patching for Bloom in P3D V3 in file FSDT_KIAH_sf07.mdl 0
Patching for Bloom in P3D V3 in file FSDT_KIAH_sf09.mdl 0

AaronMyers

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2017, 07:07:41 am »
Any thoughts on this? Any way to force it to understand the scenery is being run in P3D?

AaronMyers

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2017, 02:17:01 am »
Still having this problem. Also see that other sceneries state that P3Dv3 mode objects enabled. Not sure if it is related.

[KCLT] P3D V3 Mode objects enabled
[KIAH] jetway in use  FSDT_SODE_JW2
[KMEM] P3D V3 Mode objects enabled

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2017, 09:31:17 am »
That's strange, because the log said exactly what is supposed to say: the objects for KIAH were already patched to fix the bloom problem, so there was nothing to do.

I can only say I cannot reproduce this, and nobody else reported it. Other then uninstalling/reinstalling, I don't see what else you can do to the scenery, which is running correctly and is not reporting any errors, according to your log.

AaronMyers

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2017, 06:42:08 am »
I uninstalled the scenery, downloaded a fresh installer from the site, and re-installed with admin rights. Same thing. Apparently I'm relegated to only daytime flights I guess. Bummer.