Author Topic: All my FSDT Airport shows Installed and in TRIAL mode  (Read 4803 times)

Manny

All my FSDT Airport shows Installed and in TRIAL mode
« on: September 01, 2017, 01:28:39 am »
I pretty much have every single FSDT  airports and it has been working fine for me without giving me any grief..and then today I start up my P3Dv4 and start a flight  at DFW and I can see the airport did not come up properly... not even in for the duration of the trial mode...  But I had registered and everything was working all this time.

And I checked and it shows KDFW is installed but and in Trial mode and then I checked the other FSDT same with Flightbeam,

What do I need to do short of installing each one again.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 01:34:09 am by Manny »

Manny

Re: All my FSDT Airport shows Installed and in TRIAL mode
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 01:49:10 am »
I down loaded  and installed the latest Addon manager and now it seems ok.

Not sure what happened. At least I didn't have to reinstall everything

Was there a particular services or process that was not running?

And when I installed Addon manger... it did not ask me to remove the earlier version.. it happily installed. g Hmm.. I never uninstalled the earlier version of the addon manager.. so not sure what happened there
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 01:51:01 am by Manny »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: All my FSDT Airport shows Installed and in TRIAL mode
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 11:14:12 am »
Trial mode will load the scenery for 5 minutes at time, and it will say the "Trial for xxxx has started" when you go there. When you don't see any buildings at an airport, you are NOT in Trial mode, you have a problem with the software modules not starting.

Sometimes, it's possible that if you closed a previous session of the sim and opened a new one very quickly, the system couldn't close all files and shut down all started executables from the previous session, so they would be unavailable for the next one. The installer will also automatically close all executables still running, which explains why reinstalling fixed it.