Author Topic: Audio assignment to multiple audio cards  (Read 6263 times)

zillmer

Audio assignment to multiple audio cards
« on: August 29, 2017, 07:36:39 pm »
Hi,

I am running on full home cockpit and have multiple audio cards in my PC each driving separate speakers in the sim. (Main engine noises, aural warnings, intercom etc). At the moment the GSX sounds are assignable to any audio card, but what would be really good would be if it was possible to assign the ground comms to a separate audio card from the other ambient noises (eg the sound of the tug, catering trucks and so on). If that were possible I would be able to assign the ground comms to my intercom system for a more 'realistic' experience.

Appreciate this would cater for a limited market, but it would be great if it were possible.

Regards

Simon.

achmedfsx

Re: Audio assignment to multiple audio cards
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2017, 03:02:26 pm »
I bought a GSX full license today and my setup is comparable to yours:
FSX voice (ATC, ATIS) on headphone, aircraft and environment noise on my speakers.

I found your thread as I have the same whish: separation of voice and environment sounds to multiple audio outputs.
So, we are two  ;)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 12:48:47 am »
We'll look into it, but cannot promise anything.

achmedfsx

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 08:07:22 pm »
Thanks for your statement, it gives us hope... ;D

Maybe it would be sufficient to offer a second audio device selection that plays from a second sound folder ?
So, the interested users have the choice to move the wav files from the default sound folder to the second folder by themselves - and for the uninterested users nothing has to be changed ?
Would be less work for you  ;)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2017, 09:06:07 am »
Maybe it would be sufficient to offer a second audio device selection that plays from a second sound folder ?

The location of the sounds is not relevant. We would have modify all the calls the program makes to the sound engine ( OpenAL ), to allow for different devices.

ajose

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2018, 04:33:00 pm »
I bought a license recently and am extremely very happy with the product. ;D
I also found the thread and have the same situation. ATC in the headset and the rest of the enviroment in the speakers.
For me, it just needs this feature for the product to be perfect.

This feature would increase a lot the realism of the experience.

So we are already three   ;D