Author Topic: After install - All PMDG Aircraft cuase P3d V4 to CTD. Just bought it!  (Read 10876 times)

marknie

I just bought the KLAS, all happy ready to try it. Load up the default scenario in P3d V4,  Select one of my PMDG 737-800's  and BANG.  CTD.  Uninstall KLAS, and all is well again.  ANy ideas. Should I just not use this product I just bought?  Maybe I'm doing something wrong?  THanks
Capn Mark Niebauer

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: After install - All PMDG Aircraft cuase P3d V4 to CTD. Just bought it!
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 09:40:19 am »
As I've already replied to you here, there are no problems whatsoever at KLAS with a PMDG plane:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,15681.msg117111.html#msg117111

I don't have the 737, only the 747, but since you said "all PMDG Aircraft" in the title, I'm assuming it should happen with each one.

marknie

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 04:40:46 pm »
Your right, it is causing a crash (CTD) on all planes. Once I uninstall KLAS then the problem goes away. I searched the FOrum. I found no known ctd issues posted that I can troubleshoot by.  Can you help me please?? Your KLAX works fine, so does GSX
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 04:43:52 pm by marknie »
Capn Mark Niebauer

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2017, 04:50:07 pm »
Your right, it is causing a crash (CTD) on all planes.

Since my screenshot indicates it's not crashing with the PMDG 747, it surely cannot crash with all planes.

Once I uninstall KLAS then the problem goes away. I searched the FOrum. I found no known ctd issues posted that I can troubleshoot by

Of course, since the problem is not the scenery, nobody ever reported it before.

.Can you help me please?? Your KLAX works fine, so does GSX

It's very common that users are lead to believe that a crash that happens on an airport and disappear with the airport uninstalled, might be a problem of the airport scenery. However, most of the times this is not the case.

A common cause might be a problem with an AI, like missing or corrupted textures or other files belonging to it. Due to the change in the number, size and airline codes of the parkings in the add-on airport compared to default scenery, it's possible the offending AI might not appear if you revert to the default scenery, which can easily misled you the scenery must have a problem, but it doesn't.

This is usually troubleshooted by setting the AI Traffic density slider to 0%. If the crash stops, then you are sure it was caused by an AI.

marknie

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2017, 07:31:18 pm »
Density set to 0.  Still crashes the sim. . .
Capn Mark Niebauer

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2017, 08:40:58 pm »
 I don't have the 747, but with the PMDG 737 and 777 KLAS works fine for me in P3d V4. What is the actual error that it's giving after CTD?

marknie

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2017, 08:49:19 pm »
No error, just CTD.  The only airplane that works in klas for me is the default FA-18. In our out of the KLAS Scenery, as soon as i call up any other airplane, CTD . .  If I uninstall KLAS, then its all fine.
Capn Mark Niebauer

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2017, 09:13:03 pm »
 Pretty much EVERY ctd gets listed in the Event Viewer.  Check there and look at Event Viewer (Local), then in the Summary select Application Error. See if there are any for P3d in and around the time you last ctd'd.

marknie

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2017, 09:21:08 pm »
There was. Here it is. . .

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.0.28.21686, time stamp: 0x594a7255
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.15063.447, time stamp: 0xa329d3a8
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000035880
Faulting process id: 0x13d0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d320f5a25a6f01
Faulting application path: C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 17019443-c9f0-4921-8aa0-510298308e35
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Capn Mark Niebauer

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2017, 10:05:03 pm »
 And according to the handy dandy AVSIM CTD guide that we should ALL be familiar with.

"NTDLL.dll – Several possibilities for the NTDLL.dll error are as follows: • Most likely cause is outdated or corrupted hardware drivers.  Run a driver update program as discussed in previous section. • Use the System File Checker (SFC \scannow) to look for corrupt or missing system files.  See previous section for details on running this program.  • Recently update video card drivers?  Reinstall or install the previous version. • System overheating.  Check (not common but it can cause this crash). • Wrong timings/voltages set for your installed RAM.   • CPU voltage too high or too low (only if you overclocked your computer, manually or professionally by a computer expert). You might be able to fix by returning your BIOS to Optimized Defaults or lowering the overclock by one point from say, 4.4GHz to 4.3GHz.

• Windows 7 users - Remove the UIAutomationcore.dll from the main FSX folder, if installed (applies to FSX users only).  A known fix (could be the wrong version placed in the FSX folder).  Do not remove for FSX-SE or Windows 8/10 users. • Check your dll.xml for duplicate entries or entries where the software was removed but the entry in the dll.xml still exists.  Fix. • Disable User Access Controls (UAC) (see the section above for more information). • MyTrafficX, v5.4c possibly caused by an AI scheduling programming error. Go back to the 5.4b version.  Check developer’s forum for possible fixes. • For MyTraffic6, rename MyTrafficmil.bgl to MyTrafficmil.OFF in your MyTraffic/Scenery folder.   • Changing aircraft from payware to default and vice-versa."

marknie

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2017, 11:42:28 pm »
SO I addressed all of that, still CTD.  Im just going to give up on this for now. too stressful.
Capn Mark Niebauer

marknie

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2017, 06:01:01 am »
I think the culprit may be my traffic 6a.  It works great in P3d V4 but because of its age and lack of support there are quirks. I think KLAS has some objects or textures that conflict with Mytraffic 6a. But Mytraffic 6a is THE ONLY THING OUT THERE right now, so I am not giving it up just because one airport wont work with it!  Sorry, but unless the conflict can be figured out, Im not installing KLAS again. I will take the loss of money. And yes, I did rename the the mil bgl file in my traffic.  Too bad there are no traffic add ons out there that are fully compatible with P3d V4 and does what my traffic does.
Capn Mark Niebauer

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2017, 12:38:09 pm »
I think the culprit may be my traffic 6a.

That's what I've suspected. As I've said, you can confirm this by setting the Traffic density to 0%, and see if the crash goes away. If it does, it's 100% sure the problem is one of your AI planes.

I think KLAS has some objects or textures that conflict with Mytraffic 6a.

KLAS doesn't have ANYTHING that conflicts with anything else.

As I've said in my previous message, because of its different number, size and airline codes of parkings, the AFCAD for KLAS might call an AI that doesn't appear in the default scenery and, if that AI has a missing/corrupted texture, THE AI it's crashing the sim, but it will only happen if you have KLAS installed but, of course, the problem is caused by the problematic AI.

marknie

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2017, 12:38:40 am »
So how does one find the offending ai?  Seems like an impossible task.
Capn Mark Niebauer

marknie

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2017, 12:51:44 am »
Maybe I should download ADE from scruffy Duck and learn how to edit the AFCAD to get it to work, since I doubt anyone else will?
Capn Mark Niebauer