Author Topic: Only gates are showing (KIAH P3D V4) **SOLVED**  (Read 6736 times)

bribeth

Only gates are showing (KIAH P3D V4) **SOLVED**
« on: August 29, 2017, 12:57:17 am »
Good afternoon,

I am having a major issue with KIAH. I dont have any textures or buildings. Only the jetways. I have uninstalled, re-intalled, ran the addon manager updater and attempted to use it the old fashioned install method (scenery library) None of this seems to work. KIAH is the only FSDT airport giving me this problem. (All ORBX entries are below the FSDT entries). Any ideas on what I am missing?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 09:31:45 am by virtuali »
Brian A. Neuman

thetford569

Re: Only gates are showing (KIAH P3D V4)
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 05:38:40 am »
I have the same problem after just installing Houston.  I installed with my anti-virus disabled and have installed twice and still the same issue.  Most of the airport is in canyons and there are no buildings.  I've seen other people recently having this same issue.  I only have P3Dv4 and the only solution I have seen that said it was solved was from someone who installed in both FSX and P3Dv4.  That's not an option for me as I don't have FSX installed anymore.

All other FSDT airports I have work just fine and I downloaded the latest installer from the website  I have tried everything I know to do and this airport still doesn't work.

Brandon

Nocaltom

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 06:30:00 am »
I have the same problem after just installing Houston.  I installed with my anti-virus disabled and have installed twice and still the same issue.  Most of the airport is in canyons and there are no buildings.  I've seen other people recently having this same issue.  I only have P3Dv4 and the only solution I have seen that said it was solved was from someone who installed in both FSX and P3Dv4.  That's not an option for me as I don't have FSX installed anymore.

All other FSDT airports I have work just fine and I downloaded the latest installer from the website  I have tried everything I know to do and this airport still doesn't work.

Brandon

+1 I'm having the same exact problem. I've been searching the forums  for two hours and still no joy . 
Tom

mikestout

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2017, 08:49:45 am »
Same problems here guys. Also I cant get KIAH to show up in FTX Vector elevations......Need help....Mike

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2017, 09:31:39 am »
Run the FSDT Live Update now, it was a bug in the updater, which affected only KIAH, now it's fixed.

nordicman

Re: Only gates are showing (KIAH P3D V4) **SOLVED**
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2017, 01:29:14 pm »
Good day, sorry to hijack or repost. I tried uninstalling from WIN and restart, ran update manager and still i only get gates and the airport underground like its a Vector issue. Is there anything else i can do? Thank you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2017, 02:46:01 pm »
I can only repeat and confirm it was a bug in the Live Update, which affected only KIAH, and now it's fixed by running the FSDT Live Update again.

This, if you have the problem reported here, which is buildings entirely missing, like in the posted screenshot. If you have another problem, please post it in another thread, with a clear description of it.

bribeth

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2017, 04:37:16 pm »
Still no joy. Looks the same with no buildings or runways loading.
Brian A. Neuman

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2017, 04:41:16 pm »
As I've said, the problem is fixed by running the FSDT Live Update.

It's *possible* that, due to how the Live Update works over the Cloudflare network which uses hundreds of different servers around the world, the server closest to you hasn't been updated yet, but it will surely will so, you just try again.

To be check if the update has been downloaded, note if the Couatl_Updater2.exe gets updated and, if it's version 4.0.0.13.

nordicman

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2017, 06:47:15 pm »
Had to uninstall a few times but it works now. Thank you for the help. keep up the great products.

bribeth

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2017, 06:55:51 pm »
As I've said, the problem is fixed by running the FSDT Live Update.

It's *possible* that, due to how the Live Update works over the Cloudflare network which uses hundreds of different servers around the world, the server closest to you hasn't been updated yet, but it will surely will so, you just try again.

To be check if the update has been downloaded, note if the Couatl_Updater2.exe gets updated and, if it's version 4.0.0.13.

That fixed it. I just needed to wait a few minutes (90) and the updater worked this time. Thanks for the prompt fix.
Brian A. Neuman