Author Topic: P3D v4 Stops After Splash Screen  (Read 4365 times)

planenut

P3D v4 Stops After Splash Screen
« on: August 24, 2017, 12:06:22 am »
Purchased and installed KCLT into P3D v3 and v4.  Ran ok in v4 one time.  After that after the splash screen loaded all I got was a black screen and could go no further.  No scenery tried to load.  Had to exit out.  Got to where it was intermittent in that sometimes it would load and other times - black screen.  Worked ok in v3 every time.  Uninstalled and reinstalled with the same results.

Saw another earlier post where someone had basically the same problem and the fix apparently was to modify the registery.  Did that but again it fixed it one time but the problem reoccurred.  I am not using KCLT as my default startup scenery.  I have since uninstalled KCLT until I can get a definite fix.  I'm  using Win 10 64.  Would appreciate any help on this.

Jim

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: P3D v4 Stops After Splash Screen
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 08:19:29 am »
Read this thread named "bglmanx.dll caused p3d v4 to not Launch **SOLVED**"

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,16389.msg116885.html#msg116885

AirBorne

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2017, 11:21:46 am »
Humberto,
Inside Addon Manager directory I see 2 updateres, one named Couatl_Updater.exe and the other Couatl_Updater2.exe
Is this correct? Why 2? What to do in this case?
Thanks.
PS: Is it possible for your installer to create an entry within the Windows installed programs so that one may find the updater easier? Such as Orbx, PMDG Flightbeam Manager, Aerosoft, etc.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 10:11:26 am »
Inside Addon Manager directory I see 2 updateres, one named Couatl_Updater.exe and the other Couatl_Updater2.exe Is this correct? Why 2? What to do in this case?

Yes, of course it's correct. But you don't have to wonder which one is the one you are supposed to start because, the FSDT Live Update Icon that is on your Desktop, will point to the correct one.

Is it possible for your installer to create an entry within the Windows installed programs so that one may find the updater easier? Such as Orbx, PMDG Flightbeam Manager, Aerosoft, etc.

Easier to find than a FSDT Live Update Icon on your Desktop ?

AirBorne

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 11:21:20 am »
That's because I totally de-clutter my desktop area and rather prefer to have my program icons in the Star Menu list (or whatever name it might have nowadays). :-) But I managed to include it, thanks.