Author Topic: Live update keeps restoring deactivated and uninstalled KJFK V2 scenery files  (Read 2420 times)

JRBarrett

I recently uninstalled FSDT KJFK V2 from my P3DV4 installation. I first went to the add-on manager while the sim was running and de-activated the scenery. I then removed KJFK V2 using the Windows 7 add-remove programs app in the control panel, and re-booted the computer.

I verified that no references to KJFK still exist in any of the add-on.xml files. I manually removed the "KJFK" folder from F:\FSDT\Addon Manager\Fsdreamteam, which is the default location I chose for FSDT and Flightbeam scenery under the new system in P3DV4.

However, whenever I run the Live Update program, it re-creates the KJFK folder listed above, and re-downloads all of the scenery texture files that I previously deleted.

How do I stop this from happening? It does not actually "install" the scenery in the sense that it gets placed back into the scenery library, but the downloaded (and now unused) files take up space on my SDD that I could be using for something else, and if I delete the KJFK folder, it causes the Live Updater to spend extra time re-downloading all these files the next time it is run.

Jim Barrett   

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
However, whenever I run the Live Update program, it re-creates the KJFK folder listed above, and re-downloads all of the scenery texture files that I previously deleted.

Maybe you Uninstalled JFK from the Windows Control Panel after it was *migrated* from an old installation ? In that case, the Uninstaller didn't really worked, because it's basically not possible to retrofit an uninstaller after the file it originally installed were moved. This is a side effect of the migration process but, the alternative would have been forcing all users to uninstall everything, redownload everything and reinstall everything.

To do a proper removal, in addition to the \Addon Manager\Fsdreamteam\KJFK folder, you must remove the following folders too:

Addon Manager\Simobjects\FSDT_KJFK
Addon Manager\Couatl\JFK2

Of course, this won't be required if you originally installed it using the updated installer but, if the scenery was migrated from a previous installation, the above folders must be removed manually, otherwise the Live Update will think the scenery is installed, and will try to restore its files.

JRBarrett

I originally had P3DV3 before adopting V4. I deleted V3 completely. Prior to doing that I uninstalled all my add-on sceneries, and downloaded new installers for V4.

Perhaps though, something was left in the registry that caused the two versions to "link". I'll check the other two folders you mentioned for leftover JFK files.

Thanks for the help and quick response.

Jim Barrett