Author Topic: Airplain in buildings...  (Read 16422 times)

erwind

Re: Airplain in buildings...
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2013, 05:30:40 pm »
Hi Zoran,

Have you tried this one: AFX_LSZH_V1.ZIP. It is a file from Roland Haeusermann that you can find in the library of AVSIM. It works fine for me with FSDT Zuerich...
With this file you have 3 possibilities: TO 16-28 L 14, TO 32-34 L28 or TO 32-34 L34 (3 .bgl files)

cheers,
Erwin

Hnla

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2013, 07:33:18 pm »
I have Mytraffic Installed, but I don't have FSDT LSZH installed.

But to try to help, I did a search in my "Mytraffic\Scenery" Folder for "LSZH", and what do ya know, there is a file named "BR2_LSZH.BGL" located there.

Make sure you check to remove it.

zoran

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2013, 12:44:19 am »
Hi Zoran,

Have you tried this one: AFX_LSZH_V1.ZIP. It is a file from Roland Haeusermann that you can find in the library of AVSIM. It works fine for me with FSDT Zuerich...
With this file you have 3 possibilities: TO 16-28 L 14, TO 32-34 L28 or TO 32-34 L34 (3 .bgl files)

cheers,
Erwin

Erwin, what do these files do?

zoran

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2013, 12:45:45 am »
I have Mytraffic Installed, but I don't have FSDT LSZH installed.

But to try to help, I did a search in my "Mytraffic\Scenery" Folder for "LSZH", and what do ya know, there is a file named "BR2_LSZH.BGL" located there.

Make sure you check to remove it.

Thanks for your help but I dont have it. I have Woai but nothing there either

zoran

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2013, 10:26:42 am »
Do you have FSDT Zurich on top of the Scenery Library ? That also might cause such problem, even without a conflicting AFCAD. It must be on top of the scenery library (which is where the installer puts it by default) or at least on an higher level than a potentially conflicting scenery.

Umberto, I have a question regarding the scenery.cfg file.

I used FSX airport scanner and checked "show all" instead of show duplicates

on the large list generated it does not show any BGL at all for LSZH, is that normal?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2013, 10:30:25 am »
on the large list generated it does not show any BGL at all for LSZH, is that normal?

That seems strange, it should show *at least* the one that comes with FSDT Zurich ( APX_LSZH.BGL in the fsdreamteam\ZurichX\scenery folder ) and the default one, which is named like APX*****.BGL.

If you don't see any of them, perhaps the Airport scanner is not configured properly, or is reading another scenery.cfg, or your scenery.cfg has an error and the scanner can't read it.

This will of course explain why you don't see the conflict. Those AI parking spot definitions must be coming from somewhere, if you don't see any AFCAD at all, it's clear there's a problem with the scanner or the scenery.cfg.

zoran

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2013, 06:17:55 am »
Success!

just wanted to report problem solved by use ADE. The bgl was hiding in

E:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\0601\scenery

it only had a number so was impossible to find, only took 8 hrs lol

Thanks every for your suggestions

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2013, 08:58:05 am »
just wanted to report problem solved by use ADE. The bgl was hiding in

E:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\0601\scenery

Still something is not right on your system. That would be the default LSZH, and it's not necessary to remove it, since the AFCAD that comes with FSDT Zurich is designed to work together with it. Meaning, there will be no conflicts if you have *only* that file.

On top of that, default AFCADs don't contain just one airport so, by removing that one, you also removed other airports in the area.

The only possible explanation is that, even if that file is named and located as the default one, you modified with an editor and, for some reason (depending your changes and the program used to edit it) it NOW creates a conflict, perhaps because exclusion areas were changed or lost or something similar. In that case, the best solution would be looking for the original file on the FSX DVD and restore it from there.

zoran

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2013, 11:50:58 am »
Umberto, yes I understand now. I will check my fsx dvd and replace the file, that should fix it.

zoran

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2013, 04:07:20 am »
Just reporting back to finish the topic in case some one else has the same problem.
I was able to extract the original LSZH from my fsx disc and that corrected the problem so everything all good now

I was surprised to find out that removing the default file also removes around 50 surrounding airports.