Author Topic: Airplain in buildings...  (Read 16424 times)

passie71

Airplain in buildings...
« on: April 02, 2009, 05:37:30 pm »
Hi everyone,

I really love the scenery for ZurichX and I’m hoping for a lovely Fsdreamteam add-on for EHAM (Schiphol, Amsterdam) because I’m a flying Dutchman and there are no nice add-ons for EHAM for FSX yet.  :)

But now my little problem with ZurichX.
It seems that, when I create a flight plan within FSX and choose a gate at LSZH to start my flight my aircraft, mostly PMDG MD11, is not set properly on the parking spot. In some cases it is set on the grass or even in a building!!!
It also seems that some objects like jet ways are not properly placed in the scenery.

Something seems wrong with the coordinates or something…  I tried to disable object replacement in UTX Europe but that didn’t work.

I hope someone recognize this issue and brings up a solution.

Best regards,

Pascal Numan

I’m using:
Hardware: Asus P5q deluxe mainboard, E8500 @ 3,8 GHz, 4 gig DD2, Separate HDD for FSX, ATI HD4870.
Controllers: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke system +  Rudder pedals.
OS / Drivers: Vista 64 bit (Fully updated), ATI HD4870 (Catalyst 9.3), FSX+sp2.
Add-ons: UTX Europe, What a Wonderful World,  Samoshin Natural World Trees, REX, REX 3Dcontrails, Rex Grass Texture II, Rex Water Environment Reflection and color maps,  TrafficX,  London Heathrow, ZurichX, Flytampa  Maarten complete, PMDG MD11, several Carenado airplanes, Free-Track.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Airplain in buildings...
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 07:08:52 pm »
This problem doesn't have anything to do with the scenery.

You probably have *another* AFCAD, probably coming from a traffic package, or for another scenery for Zurich, that is refering to the wrong parking positions, probably related to the default Zurich airport.

Use the free FSX Airport scanner to find duplicate AFCADs and remove all the ones not in the fsdreamteam folder.

passie71

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 11:01:39 pm »
Hi Virtualiti,

Thanks for your reply. I did a scan with FSX Airport Scanner, great tip by the way, but there are no duplicated files for LSZH. (I tried it several times)
The only file that was found is a AFX_LSZH.BGL (Traffic Airport facilities for TrafficX.) I tried to rename that file but that didn't do the trick.
I also uninstalled ZurichX and with the default scenery I don't have any issues. After reinstalling ZurichX i experienced the same issues again.

Regards Pascal

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 11:20:43 pm »
I also uninstalled ZurichX and with the default scenery I don't have any issues.

Of course you don't have issues with the default scenery. If the conflicting AFCAD is made for the default scenery, it's obvious the parking positions would be correct.

After reinstalling ZurichX i experienced the same issues again.

Of course you have the issue if you reinstall Zurich. If there's a conflicting AFCAD that is made for the default scenery, if you are not using the default scenery anymore, but the parking positions are taken from that AFCAD, they will not match Zurich's.

Are you keeping Zurich at the top of the Scenery Library ?

Have you tried looking for FS9 AFCADs ? Perhaps the AFX Airport Scanner will only find FSX AFCADs but, if you have an FS9 AFCAD somewhere, it might not be detected, but it *will* affect parking positions.

passie71

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 12:37:53 am »
Mmm, maiby i'm a bit stupid but if i'm correct i have to look voor BGL files right?

I did that for Zurich, and cant find BGL files other than files in the FSDreamteam/ZuruchX folder. (And the Traffic Airport facilities BGL for TrafficX)
Yes, I put ZurichX at the top of the scenery libary.

I think you are absolutely right but i don't know how to fix this.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 12:51:43 am »
You can try searching in Explorer for all your FSX folders for a file with a name that might resemble Zurich. A pattern like *LSZH*.BGL might work.

passie71

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2009, 09:28:29 am »
I did that (I tried Zurich and LSZH and looked for BGL files) didn't find duplicates.  :(

I will give it a try tomorrow again. Any other sugguestions are welcome.  :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2009, 12:18:52 pm »
I did that (I tried Zurich and LSZH and looked for BGL files) didn't find duplicates.

That don't 100% means there aren't, because that file might not be named with an LSZH inside.

I will give it a try tomorrow again. Any other sugguestions are welcome.  :)

I'm sorry to be out of options. Unless you are able to identify which other scenery is conflicting, there's nothign much to do. It's not obviously a Zurich problem, the problem is created by another scenery/product, so other than giving general advice on how to find it, it's impossible to know exactly what's in your system.

Just to be sure, can you give me an example of a parking position that will always put your airplane in the grass or very far from the building ? Nobody reported it so far but, it's best to be sure.

passie71

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2009, 01:17:46 pm »
Hi thanks for the reply again!

Tonight I’m not be able to do anything with FSX because I’m celebrating my birthday!  ;D
Tomorrow I will give you some more detailed information and send you a couple of screenshots. Maybe, just  maybe UTX Europe does something  with the coordinates. (You never know…)

Thanks again!!!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 04:14:37 pm by passie71 »

passie71

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2009, 11:21:13 pm »
Promlem seems to be fixed!  ;D

Tried svereal gates and now its working perfectly!!! After creating a new flight the problem is gone...

Still don't know why but i'm happy now!

Thanks for the effort!

zoran

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2013, 05:59:47 am »
I have the same problem
I have followed all the advice given but simply cannot find any other LSZH AFCAD

Here is FSDT LSZH

And here is Default LSZH HOWEVER, when I untick FSDT LSZH in the library it does not go away, you can see it overlapped in this pic. The AI traffic is parked correctly in the default areas

Any ideas anyone?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 09:54:16 am by zoran »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2013, 12:18:09 pm »
I have followed all the advice given but simply cannot find any other LSZH AFCAD

Your first screenshot show that AI are parking in the default positions, which clearly indicates you HAVE a conflicting AFCAD based on the default LSZH.

The most common causes for conflicting AFCADs are those supplied with some traffic product, such as My Traffic X. The FSX Airport Scanner program sometimes can't find them automatically, so you must look for them and remove them manually.

And here is Default LSZH HOWEVER, when I untick FSDT LSZH in the library it does not go away, you can see it overlapped in this pic. The AI traffic is parked correctly in the default areas

That's not a problem, you can't entirely disable FSDT LSZH without restarting FSX, since most of its objects are not in the .BGL files, which is what the Scenery Library handles.

But that's not the point, your 2nd screen shows AI in exactly the same (default) position as the 1st screen, further proving the AI are always in the default positions, which means you HAVE a conflicting AFCAD somewhere.

zoran

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2013, 02:06:55 pm »
"That's not a problem, you can't entirely disable FSDT LSZH without restarting FSX, since most of its objects are not in the .BGL files, which is what the Scenery Library handles. "

Thanks for this, that clears that up. I should have mentioned its not a FSDT problem because its not, its just that I cant find the Afcad after spending a whole day searching every drive, every combo LSZH.BGL, zurich, swiss cheese , there is no Afcad file I can find, I even uninstalled FSDT to make the search simple but still nothing and Airport scanner doesn't show any double ups.

Oh well just have to live with it but thanks for the reply its appreciated :-)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2013, 02:25:43 pm »
Do you have FSDT Zurich on top of the Scenery Library ? That also might cause such problem, even without a conflicting AFCAD. It must be on top of the scenery library (which is where the installer puts it by default) or at least on an higher level than a potentially conflicting scenery.

zoran

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2013, 02:45:59 pm »
Yep right at the top of the library. I will keep looking, disabling each bgl one at a time until I find the hidden suspect, in the mean time I still have Klax and Klas to enjoy.