Author Topic: GSX Wrong AFCAD at Arrival Airport  (Read 6573 times)

jtbetteridge

GSX Wrong AFCAD at Arrival Airport
« on: August 19, 2017, 08:59:49 am »
I'm getting a new issue - GSX is fine at the departing airport, always finds the Addon correctly.  I'm using FSX Steam in W10

But at the arrival airport (both UK2000 and aerosoft airports) it always shows the wrong AFCAD, normally MyTraffic.

In the Scenery Menu in FSX the Two current airports are always placed at the top of the list and MyTraffic is always at the bottom of the list of Addon Scenery programmes.

After having this problem if I restart FSX at the arrival airport GSX then shows the correct AFCAD so it always seems to be the arrival airport that's a problem.

The last flight was:  depart EHAM (GSX correctly showed aerosoft AFCAD), arrive EGMC (GSX used MyTraffic AFCAD); restart FSX, and go to EGMC (GSX shows UK2000 AFCAD)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Wrong AFCAD at Arrival Airport
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2017, 10:17:04 am »
You should always delete duplicate AFCADs files for the same airport (always use the one that comes with the scenery), this will ensure you won't have any conflicts.

The MyTraffic AFCADs should be used only if you don't have any addon for that airport, since they are designed for the default scenery.

jtbetteridge

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2017, 10:45:59 am »
OK thank you.
Could you tell me where the afcad files will be found please?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2017, 11:10:52 am »
Could you tell me where the afcad files will be found please?

I don't have MyTraffic installed, so I'm not sure but, you should find a folder related to it with lots of .BGL files, so you must remove the ones with an ICAO code for you have an addon airport installed.

jtbetteridge

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2017, 11:25:54 am »
OK thanks. So is there not a central FSX folder for all bgl files?

jtbetteridge

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2017, 01:21:56 pm »
where does GSX search for the correct AFCAD?

Roland

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2017, 04:32:12 pm »
You can find the MyTraffic bgl files in his folder

MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Scenery\

The relevant bgl files are those with BR2_ICAO Code (for example BR2_CFYD). In some cases they are followed by an appendix cvx (BR2_CYFD_CVX). Rename them or copy into a separate folder, so you have them in case you need them once again.

Regards Roland

jtbetteridge

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2017, 11:02:06 pm »
OK, thank you

jtbetteridge

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2017, 11:22:13 am »
So, I have removed the MyTraffic bgl files for my addon airports as suggested.

BUT when I start my new flight at gate 502 in LHR (UK2000 scenery) GSX is using the following file:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\scenery\0501\scenery\APX47130.bgl

So I reinstalled the MyTraffic bgl for EGLL and then GSX can see that I'm using the UK2000 airport!

This is really confusing and is spoiling my enjoyment of FSX with GSX

There must be some way that GSX recognises an installed Addon airport that is selected in the scenery index in FSX and just uses that surel?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 11:31:58 am by jtbetteridge »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2017, 04:20:16 pm »
BUT when I start my new flight at gate 502 in LHR (UK2000 scenery) GSX is using the following file:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\scenery\0501\scenery\APX47130.bgl

This is the default scenery so, it means you don't have the AFCAD for the UK2000 airport. Maybe you removed it by mistake.

So I reinstalled the MyTraffic bgl for EGLL and then GSX can see that I'm using the UK2000 airport!

That's not possible, MyTraffic surely doesn't come with the AFCAD for UK2000.

There must be some way that GSX recognises an installed Addon airport that is selected in the scenery index in FSX and just uses that surel?

GSX always recognizes the airport with the highest layer priority, like FSX. Be sure you install the UK2000 airport, and be sure it stays on an higher layer in the Scenery Library. You can try the "Restart Couatl and rebuild the airport cache" option, in case the correct AFCAD is not recognized.

And of course, all your AFCAD changes and renames must be done with the sim closed.

jtbetteridge

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2017, 11:05:21 am »

This is the default scenery so, it means you don't have the AFCAD for the UK2000 airport. Maybe you removed it by mistake.

I do have the AFCAD, it is used by GSX when the airport is the departure airport, but not when it is the arrival airport.

That's not possible, MyTraffic surely doesn't come with the AFCAD for UK2000.

I respect your knowledge and experience, but what I am telling you is a fact - it happened.  That's obviously not the right thing, so I'm asking for your help to make it right

GSX always recognizes the airport with the highest layer priority, like FSX. Be sure you install the UK2000 airport, and be sure it stays on an higher layer in the Scenery Library. You can try the "Restart Couatl and rebuild the airport cache" option, in case the correct AFCAD is not recognized.

Again, I respect your expertise, but I am telling you what happens.  Even with the departure and arrival addon airports selected and at the top of the scenery menu, and with other addon airports unselected, this is what happens.  I tried the restart COATL and rebuild cache option, but it doesn't change anything

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2017, 03:36:00 pm »
I do have the AFCAD, it is used by GSX when the airport is the departure airport, but not when it is the arrival airport.

Have you changed the airport visibility setting in the Couatladdons.ini, trying to fix the issue ?

jtbetteridge

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2017, 09:59:26 am »
No I've done nothing to those settings.  I don't really know how to

jtbetteridge

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2017, 10:02:40 pm »
any further advice?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2017, 09:47:16 am »
Does it happen only with the UK2000 airports ?