Author Topic: bglmanx.dll caused p3d v4 to not Launch **SOLVED**  (Read 7921 times)

bhorv67

bglmanx.dll caused p3d v4 to not Launch **SOLVED**
« on: August 18, 2017, 11:42:05 pm »
I'm reporting this issue as this caused a moderate amount of stress on my part to figure out why I could not launch P3d v4, when I had no previous issues.

My symptoms were that I would click on p3d, the splash screen would display for a few seconds, then disappear, and the p3d scenario startup screen would not display, making p3d unusable.
I was able to determine that p3d was running in the background by checking the task manager. I would force quit the process, restart, try launching p3d again, and the same thing would happen.

I posted a thread to the Lockheed forum which was replied to by one of their support people to try the usual troubleshooting steps. Nothing worked. I was getting really stressed.

Looking around on the p3d forum, I noticed other users having the same problems. Lockheed was saying this may be caused by USB devices, or a corrupt entry in the created documents folders (appdata/roaming, programdata, appdata/local). Nothing Lockheed suggested worked.

Another user posted a comment in my thread to check the registry for a key at this location:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers\

This key had a value of - $ IgnoreFreelibrary<bglmanx.dll

I deleted the key and P3d started up as normal.
I'm told there is a value in this key if the dll crashes. All I know, before this problem started, everything was fine. I own a lot of the FSDT and Flightbeam airports + GSX. Nothing was out of the ordinary on my last flight before the problem started. Next time I tried to launch p3d, I wasn't able to.

Hopefully this helps track down a potential issue in your systems.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 10:23:24 am by virtuali »

Rempachi

• Flirtlu
Re: bglmanx.dll caused p3d v4 to not Launch
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2017, 12:57:45 am »
Hi,

I'm reporting in a very similar problem to yours except I have a black screen to go with it. I'll be watching the thread for help. Thank you

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: bglmanx.dll caused p3d v4 to not Launch
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2017, 10:23:18 am »
Bglmanx64.dll hasn't caused the sim to stop starting. It's because the sim crashed for some other reason, that Windows itself has added that registry key automatically to set a wrong compatibility mode that it shouldn't use. It's an error that appears randomly for many 3rd party modules, for example here:

http://fscaptain.proboards.com/thread/1523

Of course, in your case, the key will contain  $ IgnoreFreeLibrary<bglmanx.dll>, but the solution it's the same: remove the offending registry key. Note that, this is done automatically by running the FSDT Live Update, which will clear that key for you.

If you want to turn off that Windows "feature", so it won't continue to mistakenly set wrong compatibility settings, you can do by creating the following key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\AppCompat\DisablePCA

It must be a DWORD type, with a value of 1.

Reboot Windows to apply the changes.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 08:19:23 am by virtuali »

mal998

Re: bglmanx.dll caused p3d v4 to not Launch **SOLVED**
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 01:19:27 pm »
Thank you for the response. I will try to implement your fix.