Author Topic: Boarding timing  (Read 2120 times)

Daantjeeuh

Boarding timing
« on: August 18, 2017, 08:51:47 pm »
I've overwritten the parameters in the GSX menu so that boarding should take exactly three minutes.

However, this is only the case for PAX. Baggage takes forever before it arrives and I will often be left another 5 minutes before baggage is on board. Is this by intention, or is there a way I can change it?

Also: how do I time my refueling? I'm a bit confused by all the refueling options, progressive, multiplier, etc. Could you provide some more insight?

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Boarding timing
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2017, 10:28:30 am »
With the Timings section, you can only control the simulated passenger boarding time but, you cannot change the length of the actual animations, which will depend on the number of baggage carts, which depends from the airplane weight.

The time it takes for the baggage truck to arrive, depends on the airport and if the scenery developer has correctly placed parking types of the "vehicle" kind, which are by default used to spawn vehicles from. If they are too far from the terminal, it might take a while for vehicles to arrive, and if there are none, a random parking will be used instead.

Of course, same for all things that seems "long" in the sim, you can use Time Acceleration.

Ray Proudfoot

• Cheadle Hulme Weather
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 03:38:17 pm »
Umberto,

I was going to ask the same question until I saw this post and your reply. How can we find out how many of these vehicle-type parking objects are in an AFCAD? I'm looking at Mega Airport Oslo and can't find any. It must have taken over 5 minutes for the catering trucks to arrive.

Is it possible for users to edit an AFCAD using ADE and create these parking places closer to the terminal?
Cheers,
Ray.

P3Dv5.3HF2, i9-13900K @ 5.5Ghz, RTX4090, 32Gb RAM, 4Tb Crucial T700 NVMe SSD, BenQ 32” 30Hz monitor at 3840*2160 with VSync.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 03:43:50 pm »
How can we find out how many of these vehicle-type parking objects are in an AFCAD? I'm looking at Mega Airport Oslo and can't find any.

That's the issue. So GSX used a random parking, which could have been anywhere.

Is it possible for users to edit an AFCAD using ADE and create these parking places closer to the terminal?

Yes, of course, although it would be better if the original scenery developers made a better AFCAD. The important thing is, the vehicle parking must be connected to the rest of the taxiway layout, so it could reach the other parkings. If it's isolated, GSX will not use it.

Ray Proudfoot

• Cheadle Hulme Weather
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2017, 04:10:14 pm »
Thanks for the quick reply Umberto. I also had a read of the manual and found these catering vehicles are spawned from a close-by parking position (gate?). So I reduced the number of Ai from 150 to 50 and tried again at ENGM.

The catering vehicle is still spawning from quite a way away even when the gate next to my aircraft was empty. Looks like the AFCAD isn't perfect. Shame when it's a payware airport.

I'll make sure requesting catering is the first thing I do to minimise the delay.

One last question. You give an approximate time the FollowMe will arrive. Can you do the same for the catering?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 04:13:12 pm by Ray Proudfoot »
Cheers,
Ray.

P3Dv5.3HF2, i9-13900K @ 5.5Ghz, RTX4090, 32Gb RAM, 4Tb Crucial T700 NVMe SSD, BenQ 32” 30Hz monitor at 3840*2160 with VSync.