Author Topic: GSX not working FSX **SOLVED**  (Read 14338 times)

melssim2

GSX not working FSX **SOLVED**
« on: August 13, 2017, 11:31:47 am »
Hi all,

I recently upgraded my OS and GPU. I needed to install everything back from scratch. But unfortunately my FSX does not work anymore.
I reinstalled it like 10 times, but nothing works.

It does show up (along with the addon-manager) in my add-on list in FSX, and i can go into the GSX settings menu, but the menu itself (where it says request boarding etc...) does not show up at all.
I tried to change the default key-mapping but nothing worked.

I also reinstalled the frameworks, same story :(.

Sometimes it does work, but then i can't get the options (boarding etc...) because it says that there are no services at this airport.

Please help!!!!!!!

Thank you in advance!!!!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 09:17:25 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX not working FSX
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 06:37:50 pm »
It does show up (along with the addon-manager) in my add-on list in FSX, and i can go into the GSX settings menu, but the menu itself (where it says request boarding etc...) does not show up at all.

If you have both the Addon Manager and the "GSX Settings" menus visible under the FSX "Addons" menu, it means there's nothing wrong with the GSX installation and it's working fine.

Some reasons why you don't see the GSX Ctrl+Shift+F12 menu are:

- Another product has taken the keys used by GSX so, you must fix the conflict either from that addon (assuming it allows you to change its keys), or from GSX. Note that, some addons take keys in a non-standard (not using Simconnect) way so, for example, they might block GSX from working even if they used just F12 and GSX is using Ctrl+Shift+F12. We had reports Ezdok camera used to do this.

Sometimes it does work, but then i can't get the options (boarding etc...) because it says that there are no services at this airport.

This also is not a GSX problem but, a conflict caused by another scenery. You can check which scenery is used by GSX with the "Parking customization" menu. Some sceneries use auxiliary airports to represent seaplane bases, helicopter parkings, etc. so, they appear to be valid airports, but with no usable parkings. You can fix these cases as explained on the GSX manual, page 24.

melssim2

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 12:06:13 pm »
Thank you for answering. Unfortunately. I didn't find any conflicts. Neither in Ezdok.
I adjusted the default key mappings with custom ones, but that didn't do the job.

Can you please help!!

melssim2

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2017, 07:30:34 pm »
I would like to get teamviewer support or something. It has been more than five days and i can't still figure it out.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 08:17:54 am »
I would like to get teamviewer support or something. It has been more than five days and i can't still figure it out.

You should contact me in PM to arrange this. However, it will be after August 22nd, when I'll be back from vacation.

melssim2

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2017, 01:40:44 pm »
Great! But is there any change i get to solve this myself? I've looked for double key assignments. But there aren't.
I reinstalled it like 10 times.

Is there anything i can do?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2017, 08:59:56 am »
I reinstalled it like 10 times.

Reinstalling GSX won't obviously fix a key conflict caused by another software. Are you able to call GSX from the GSX menu under the "Addons" menu ? That's the same as pressing a key so, it should work regardless of any key conflicts.

melssim2

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2017, 01:26:21 pm »
No, i'm not able to do that either. Please help!!! I tried everything, but with no result.

marvic

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2017, 07:40:54 pm »
I have the same issue, with the exception I am using P3Dv3.3. I see the menu and tried with clicking the drop menu as well as changing the key mapping.
Cheers, Marvic.

melssim2

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2017, 11:59:55 am »
It's very annoying. I can't even get the menu by clicking it. Tried to remap every single command.
Please help because its getting to annoying!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2017, 02:56:16 pm »
Again, if another product has stolen the GSX key, there's nothing you can do in GSX to fix this, other than fixing the issue in that other product

This, assuming the reason IS a key conflict. Another possible reason is that GSX is trying to tell you why it cannot start but, if you moved the "Verbosity" slider all the way down in the GSX Settings, you won't see any notifications from GSX anymore.

melssim2

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2017, 05:20:15 pm »
None of the addons is causing the problem. The little setting is set to 1. I don't know what that means.
Please can we arrange a tv session?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2017, 05:44:23 pm »
None of the addons is causing the problem

You cannot be sure of that, until we'll find the cause.

The little setting is set to 1. I don't know what that means.

What do you mean with "the little setting" ?

Please can we arrange a tv session?

Only after we exhausted all the other options.

melssim2

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2017, 05:47:12 pm »
I see that this folder: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\SceneryIndexes. Is set to read only. But i can't change it. I keeps reverting itself.
Can this cause the problem? GSX often says he can't find a valid AFCAD. This is only at a few airports. At the most airports i can't get gsx to work at all.

melssim2

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2017, 03:55:55 pm »
Please help me. It has been more than a week, and still can't get it to work.