Author Topic: GSX not working at Orbx LEBB  (Read 2638 times)

rockliffe

GSX not working at Orbx LEBB
« on: November 26, 2017, 05:50:26 pm »
Unsure whether I have an issue specific to my setup or not. But for some reason GSX does not want to work at Orbx LEBB at any gate or any of the parking stands. When I pull up the menu, I get no option for catering or boarding passengers etc, all I am offered is to warp to another gate. If I decide to do so, GSX warps me to the other side of the terminal or to drop me inside one of the buildings! I have updated using Couatl, but no success anywhere. Help appreciated, thanks.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 06:42:07 pm by rockliffe »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX not working at Orbx LEBB
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 11:36:07 pm »
When I pull up the menu, I get no option for catering or boarding passengers etc, all I am offered is to warp to another gate.

This means you have an AFCAD in conflict, so the one that is supposed to be correct for the scenery is not used. GSX will tell you the name of the AFCAD in use in the Parking customization page.

rockliffe

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 10:19:15 am »
Hi Umberto, if GSX tells me the afcad that is in use and it doesn't work.... that surely doesn't help my situation? How do I get the correct afcad to allow GSX to work correctly? Could it be that I should delete the LBBD gbl scenery file in MyTrafficX?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 11:42:16 am by rockliffe »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 01:06:58 pm »
Could it be that I should delete the LBBD gbl scenery file in MyTrafficX?

Exactly, remove the conflicting file when the sim is not running, and restart GSX. If you don't see the cache being rebuilt automatically, select the "Restart Couatl and rebuild the airport cache" option from the Couatl menu.

You always want to remove any conflicting files (and AI traffic products are the most common source of conflicts), because even if you didn't use GSX, duplicate AFCADs, in addition to wasting memory and slowing down the startup of the sim, can cause other issues like non working tower frequencies, problem with instrumental approaches, and misplaced AIs.

The AFCADs that are being installed by the AI Traffic product, are supposed to be used only as an enhancement of the default airport, but if you have an add-on airport, you should always try to be sure the sim will always use the AFCAD that comes with it, and removing the conflicting ones is the safest and more optimized way.

rockliffe

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 02:07:58 pm »
OK, cool. I'll sort that out later and see how I get on. Many thanks.