Author Topic: All of FSDT airport installers DOES NOT see my P3D4 install !!  (Read 3583 times)

FabHet

As title says, FSDT iunstallers anever see my P3D4 install, although they sorrsee my FSX, P3D2 and P3D3 !?!?...

So that I can't select P3D4 installation to, of course ...

Where is the mess ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: All of FSDT airport installers DOES NOT see my P3D4 install !!
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 12:30:26 pm »
Assuming you are using the current version of the installers, which support P3D V4, the only possible reason why the P3D V4 option is greyed out in the installer, is that your registry keys for P3D V4 are missing, or pointing to the wrong folder.

This might happen if you installed P3D V4 then manually move it in a different place, or you use some kind of dangerous "migration tool", that might have messed up your registry keys for the sim.

FabHet

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 07:26:29 pm »
Ok thanks for your reply...

Is there any method (or tool) to reset correctly the register path to the good value ?
(You maybe know the path to the register constant for this value ?)

Regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 10:51:18 am »
Is there any method (or tool) to reset correctly the register path to the good value ? (You maybe know the path to the register constant for this value ?)

I won't try to manually fix the registry because, if you have a problem with the installation registry, you might as well have other issues too so, it's much safer to reinstall the sim, because you never know what other registry keys the installer will set when it start so, best let the installer doing the work.

villaloha

• Canadian Airlines International
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2018, 03:10:12 pm »
I'm expereincing the same problem with black screen after loading. I read all forums to see if there's any solutions. I clicked "Live Update" and hope it would solve but it won't load the game. Should I delete P3DV4.exe in REGEDIT everytime before I open P3DV4?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2018, 02:03:42 pm »
The problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX.

The black screen at start is normal, if you reinstalled P3D, since it will take a couple of minutes to recreate its shaders and the screen will be black during that time. This IS normal, but it should only last 1-2 minutes, depending on how fast is your system. Yes, of course, if your system is taxed down by too many addons, slow hard drives, antivirus, etc, those 1-2 minutes might be more.

You should remove EVERY instance of Prepar3d.exe in the registry, and if they come back, that's NOT normal either.

villaloha

• Canadian Airlines International
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2018, 06:57:49 pm »
For now, when I open P3DV4, once black screen showed up, I exit it and wait for about a minute and then open P3DV4 again, it did the trick but if it has stopped, I will try by deleting through registry key. I hope it will not erase all add-ons after key has been deleted.

I thought P3DV4 was supposed to be a lot better than FSX but I see so many problems anyways sigh!

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2018, 11:49:04 pm »

I thought P3DV4 was supposed to be a lot better than FSX but I see so many problems anyways sigh!

P3d V4 really is FAR better than FSX, those issues you are having are more brought on by your PC than the sim itself.