Author Topic: UPDATE? Honolulu Intl. -> Daniel K. Inouye Int  (Read 16465 times)

808CruzControl

UPDATE? Honolulu Intl. -> Daniel K. Inouye Int
« on: August 10, 2017, 11:00:58 pm »
Aloha!

Just curious, if there will be an update for the Honolulu Intl Airport now that it is named Daniel K. Inouye International Airport as well as there being airport upgrades such as the Aloha Air Cargo Ramp, Hawaiian Airline Maintenance Hangers and dynamic lighting (as well as the other Hawaiian Airports)?

Mahalo

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: UPDATE? Honolulu Intl. -> Daniel K. Inouye Int
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 11:46:53 am »
We don't have updates planned for PHNL yet. The scenery designer is busy updating Geneva so, before that one is released, he might not be able to consider working at PHNL yet.

808CruzControl

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 11:48:52 am »
Makes sense. Thank you for the update.

mikced

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 06:06:24 pm »
Without knowing any of your strategies of course, Honolulu and your other Hawaiian airports still seem to me like they would provide a good return and I can not see any reason why it would not be good business sense developing further. For one you are basically alone developing airports there, I know of no other commercial airport projects in Hawaii :) In addition your airports there are really good standard already in my humble opinion so no need to start all over from 0. I for sure would pay good money for updates in Hawaii. Anyway, beautiful location and I hope you will find your way back some day

Mike

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2018, 11:13:28 pm »
See my reply above.

Nowhere I ever said we are not considering updates to older sceneries, it's just we can only do so much things at the time and, as
I've said, the author of the Hawaiian airport series it's working on an update for Geneva right now so, no sense even discussing about Hawaii, until the Geneva update is out.

StarBlue

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2018, 05:14:20 pm »
Thanks for the update!

I fly to PHNL a lot, unfortunately not in RL, from KSLC on P3Dv4.  I wish Hawaii would get a developer to do an Orbx and update textures, mesh, etc.  Not a huge Mega Scenery lover, but it may have to do.  But PHNL is at least fairly up to date; just needs some v4 update love. :)
Jhan M. Jensen
KSLC/KOGD/KHIF

mikced

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2018, 12:52:40 pm »
Hey, have you tried the Hawaii-Photoreal product? It beats Megasceney by so much! Not only is it free but it covers every Hawaii island and the latest release adds autogen trees and buildings and the developer is constantly updating it. In fact the autogen is only going to improve. For a small donation you even get different seasons for the photoreal, amazing! I cant praise this product enough and Javier, the developer is always so nice and quick to support.

If FSDreamteam ever update its Hawaii airports I truely hope they will be compatible with his photoreal. It would benefit everyone. They do kind of work together today but the photobackground dont match and there are some minor elevation issues. This of couse is not surprising since FsDreamteam never have claimed compatibility :) ....if I ask nicely, pleeease consider it... :) ;) I am sure Javier would love to work with you on this.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 12:55:42 pm by mikced »

Swisspilot

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2019, 09:12:22 am »
...it's working on an update for Geneva right now...

You‘re working on a LSGG Update? :P great news. Will the new Terminal which is due to open soon be included?

Kind Regards
Patrick

sddjd

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2019, 10:58:11 pm »
Related to this topic, what is the possibility of a minor update that would bring the renumbered gates (now A through G)?

The gate signs on the terminal building are easily edited in PHNL_DET_08.dds (and the LM counterpart), but the tougher one is the tarmac numbers pulled from PHNL_DET_05.dds since this would require a re-export of the ground polygons receiving the numbers from that file.

This and an afcad tweak would bring the airport 99% of the way to being current pending the construction of the new terminals (granted demo has begun on the old interisland/now A gates), but with the pace of construction in the islands there's definitely not going to be a time crunch for simmmers  8)